Aid package fails again

305to954

All ACC
For decent people it’s not that difficult. Leave out the bs partisan projects and do what needs to be done. Yes companies need money to keep people on payroll, direct how companies have to spend the money. No stock buybacks. Give cash to those who lost jobs. Do not and I mean absolutely do not bail out companies who aren’t registered in the US. All those cruise lines like Disney and a few more who sail under foreign flags for tax purposes can kick rocks.

I understand a normal person can’t write this bill, but it is possible to leave out loop holes and contradictory language. Elected officials need to be reminded that they work for the people. It’s time for them to prove their worth or get out.
You think they freeing up multiple trillions just for this?

NC_Canes_11

Recruit
Call me crazy, but I actually do believe this bill was designed to aid America right now and not just fatten the pockets of the rich.
It does the job for a month tops. Still a lot of waste in there. 25 million for them to get a pay raise. Another $25 for the Kennedy Center, which we just spent 250 million on within the last year. Why are they special? That’s just a few of the things that have nothing to do with what is going on. And don’t forget the $75 million for NPR and PBS.

For_The_U

All ACC
It does the job for a month tops. Still a lot of waste in there. 25 million for them to get a pay raise. Another $25 for the Kennedy Center, which we just spent 250 million on within the last year. Why are they special? That’s just a few of the things that have nothing to do with what is going on
Oh yeah, I agree. I just read 305's comment to be a reference to them printing money to line rich people's pockets (that's been his theme all week) and I personally don't believe that's what's going on with this bill. I do think it has some downright dumb provisions though (like cash to all Americans).

NC_Canes_11

Recruit
Oh yeah, I agree. I just read 305's comment to be a reference to them printing money to line rich people's pockets (that's been his theme all week) and I personally don't believe that's what's going on with this bill. I do think it has some downright dumb provisions though (like cash to all Americans).
$350 million for “migration and refugee assistance.” Everyone should’ve stopped reading and said no after that sentence. We’re fighting a worldwide pandemic, but we’re setting aside 350 million for non American Citizens. It’s mind blowing

305to954

All ACC
Call me crazy, but I actually do believe this bill was designed to aid America right now and not just fatten the pockets of the rich.
Not at first..I’m glad they got a oversight committee put in along with some restrictions..I’m curious to see how quickly they can free up that money for small businesses in time to save them. We’ll see what happens

305to954

All ACC
You talking the Federal government freeing up 2 trillion bruh!! Of course there’s gonna political provisions in there..different areas always try to get a piece..I don’t think it was designed to line the pockets of the rich but without oversight imo, that’s what was gonna happen