Virginia 5-3 18-4
Miami (FL) 5-3 14-7
Maryland 3-5 13-9
Clemson 3-5 11-11
Virginia Tech 2-6 13-10
Wake Forest 2-7 11-12
Georgia Tech 2-7 9-14
Boston College 2-7 7-16

We have a decent chance of finishing in the top 4 of the ACC, which, with an ACC tourny win, would get us in to the dance.

Advertisement
vs VT
@ FSU
vs UNC
vs Wake
@ Maryland
vs FSU
@ NCST
vs BC

must win 5 of 8, and thats doable IMO

Leaders

D. Scott 13 PPG 43% FG 80% FT
M. Grant 12.7 PPG 35%FG 32%3pFG

Defense

Johnson 7 RPG 1.2 blocks
Kadji 5RPG 1.8 blocks

Assists

Scott 3.5
Larkin 2.6

vs VT
@ FSU
vs UNC
vs Wake
@ Maryland
vs FSU
@ NCST
vs BC

must win 5 of 8, and thats doable IMO

We HAVE to split with FSU both for pride and to get the record you want us to have. UNC is obviously tough and @ maryland and VT is always tough too.

In either case, you think it will take 10 ACC wins plus a ACC tourney win to get us in? Is the ACC that down this year?

We really need to finish 5th in the league. That means we get the 12th seed in the first round of acc tourney and then a game most likely against UVA. We can win both of those.

Easiest way to get an acc tourney win is to finish 5th.

Advertisement
.500 in the ACC and really strong showing in the ACC tourney will get us in. 20 wins and we are in. Has a 20 win ACC team not made it into the tourney?

That close loss to UVA really hurts now...can still easily make up for it.

.500 in the ACC and really strong showing in the ACC tourney will get us in. 20 wins and we are in. Has a 20 win ACC team not made it into the tourney?

Us last year and vt about 2 or 3 times.

Edit. We won 19 last year.

Edit #2. Two years ago we won 20 games but won 4 games in conf. 20 games is not the key any longer. It's more a combo of winning conf record and 20 wins

Last edited:
Advertisement

Us last year and vt about 2 or 3 times.

Edit. We won 19 last year.

Edit #2. Two years ago we won 20 games but won 4 games in conf. 20 games is not the key any longer. It's more a combo of winning conf record and 20 wins

You are right. I should have clarified. 20 wins and a .500 ACC record.

Every home game remaining but UNC is a must win in my opinion.

LOL YES love the avatar. i was doing that at work during the game and everyone was like... wtf. i was watching on the office computer so i would just bust out of the door like that when he did. noone knew what i was doing. lol

Every home game remaining but UNC is a must win in my opinion.

LOL YES love the avatar. i was doing that at work during the game and everyone was like... wtf. i was watching on the office computer so i would just bust out of the door like that when he did. noone knew what i was doing. lol

Call me corny but that Reggie pic could end up being very iconic of this program and its resurgance.

Big reg definitely came through in the clutch. Coach l was coaching his *** off.

Advertisement
If we go 9-7 with wins over FSU and Duke, it would take an act of God for us not to get in. 10 wins isn't out of the question, either.

if we can just get in I think we could get at least 1 tourny win just from coaching. say what you will about the job Haith has done at Mizz, and Im not taking anything away from him... but he was set up with alot more talent then Coach L here in Miami and Coach L has done just a good of job with less in my opinion.

20 wins and 8-8 in the ACC meant you were in up until a few years ago. I believe that in recent years many teams have been left out with that resume including Clemson, Florida State(who was left out at 9-7 I think), and VT a couple times.

If we go 9-7 in the ACC, we need wins against Florida state and North Carolina. We only have one win against a top 100 rpi team and that is obviously Duke. If we can't get that win against North Carolina we need to go 10-6 in the ACC to get in.

Advertisement
Florida State with the loss tonight to BC shakes things up a bit.

It was their trap game...

i feel less confident about the game now because they will be super focused coming off of a loss...

but who knows, we might catch them still reeling. I will be going to the game. Leaving the house at 7am to catch the game at noon. going with an FSU fan, should be fun.. lol

Advertisement
Back