ACC revenues have doubled in the last 5 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Zion has nothing to do with it. Those returns are for the 2017-2018 tax year

I bet your the life of parties

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is good news, but we are still miles behind the BIG 10 and SEC in revenue. Hopefully the ACCNetwork TV deal will close that gap considerably.

Same I would prefer we be independent again but yeah we can't compete without the money. Truth is our administration didn't cash in off our success like they should have, and once Shalala/lala got her hands on the cash we all know what happened.

Why am I not shocked that our "Fans" continue to believe dumbass narratives about revenue? Oh that's right, it's because we have dumbass fans that have little to no understanding of how collegiate athletics work. No University official gets to run off with athletic revenues. What the athletic department raises and earns, it gets to keep. Unfortunately, what happened with Miami in the early part of the millennium was that as the facility/resources arms race kicked off, the people who hold the actual power(The Board of Trustees) didn't see the need to fight that battle. Miami has always been at an economic disadvantage, and won anyway, so why do anything when there's more pressing needs? Unfortunately, the facilities arms race was here to stay, and Miami was late to the party. While a lot of that has been rectified, people forget that there is still a sizable gap between the schools that we are supposed to be competing against, and schools like Miami. Let's look at the revenues of the teams in the CFP last year, stats were provided by the US Department of Education.

Alabama--111,000,000
Notre Dame--107,400,000
Oklahoma--102,300,000
Clemson*--52,000,000

Miami--57,100,000

*Clemson's revenue numbers are all over the map. In most studies I've seen Clemson is well within the top 25 revenue wise, in some cases in the top 15. I went with the US DOE numbers, which are lower estimates.

Compare that to Miami, who remains the only school since 2000 that has won a national championship despite being ranked outside the top 30 in overall revenue. Think that over. Look at those numbers. Out of the 4 schools that were standing at the end, only Clemson was even remotely close to Miami in regards to revenue(and we can argue that Clemson is doing something with their numbers, no one else's numbers vary as much), in most cases Miami is being outspent almost two to one.

Advertisement
Why am I not shocked that our "Fans" continue to believe dumbass narratives about revenue? Oh that's right, it's because we have dumbass fans that have little to no understanding of how collegiate athletics work. No University official gets to run off with athletic revenues. What the athletic department raises and earns, it gets to keep. Unfortunately, what happened with Miami in the early part of the millennium was that as the facility/resources arms race kicked off, the people who hold the actual power(The Board of Trustees) didn't see the need to fight that battle. Miami has always been at an economic disadvantage, and won anyway, so why do anything when there's more pressing needs? Unfortunately, the facilities arms race was here to stay, and Miami was late to the party. While a lot of that has been rectified, people forget that there is still a sizable gap between the schools that we are supposed to be competing against, and schools like Miami. Let's look at the revenues of the teams in the CFP last year, stats were provided by the US Department of Education.

Alabama--111,000,000
Notre Dame--107,400,000
Oklahoma--102,300,000
Clemson*--52,000,000

Miami--57,100,000

*Clemson's revenue numbers are all over the map. In most studies I've seen Clemson is well within the top 25 revenue wise, in some cases in the top 15. I went with the US DOE numbers, which are lower estimates.

Compare that to Miami, who remains the only school since 2000 that has won a national championship despite being ranked outside the top 30 in overall revenue. Think that over. Look at those numbers. Out of the 4 schools that were standing at the end, only Clemson was even remotely close to Miami in regards to revenue(and we can argue that Clemson is doing something with their numbers, no one else's numbers vary as much), in most cases Miami is being outspent almost two to one.

Thought the numbers listing Clemson ahead of Miami was net revenue due to Clemsons crazy spending.

Unbelievable cash explosion for the ACC.

And it’s only going to get better for us. All this happened BEFORE the launch of the ACC Network, which could bring in an additional $10-15 million per school every year.

The days of the Canes crying poor are officially over.

Bet you a $100 that the days of the Canes crying poor are FAR from done.🤣....just wait till the next Sports Facility project or facility improvement project requests funding

It will shock you how fast those old guys can run in those suits

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back