ACC Class Rankings 7-2-21 UPDATE (Only place to go is up!)

Advertisement
Weird seeing us almost dead last and I'm not worried one bit. Climb starts soon!
little hiawatha tree GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
It is weird only seeing 2 commits on the board. It is a little bit concerning to me.
Uncertainty about what the NCAA will do about "super seniors" in 2022. We're over 85 scholarships presently. It's uncertain how many below 85 we will be in 2022. If the NCAA does not grant waivers, we either have to cut existing players or cut way back on incoming high school players and portal transfers.

Advertisement
Uncertainty about what the NCAA will do about "super seniors" in 2022. We're over 85 scholarships presently. It's uncertain how many below 85 we will be in 2022. If the NCAA does not grant waivers, we either have to cut existing players or cut way back on incoming high school players and portal transfers.
Everybody has to deal with this. Lots of schools over 85 right now. It’s no excuse. We need to show some guys the door just like everybody else.

How many more threads covering the same topic are we going to post? Yes there are only two commitments today. Yes that would be a big concern if we felt that situation were to continue for a long period of time. No, we do not believe it is going to continue.

wake me up two weeks after Paradise. Let’s start a thread then.

Advertisement
How many more threads covering the same topic are we going to post? Yes there are only two commitments today. Yes that would be a big concern if we felt that situation were to continue for a long period of time. No, we do not believe it is going to continue.

wake me up two weeks after Paradise. Let’s start a thread then.
Just letting you know a month and a half ago that was the same line of thought. They just said June 1.
There was also a thread claiming all kinds of commits expected in June. Yet here we are with two still.
Hopefully we get a string of them soon, but until then I’m a bit concerned.

Just letting you know a month and a half ago that was the same line of thought. They just said June 1.
There was also a thread claiming all kinds of commits expected in June. Yet here we are with two still.
Hopefully we get a string of them soon, but until then I’m a bit concerned.

I always said mid-July. We want to be somewhere closing in on double digits by then, say 8-10, and getting to roughly 13-15 by end of summer, assuming the class should end at 20-21 high school seniors. You then get a trickle over the regular season, and leave 3-4 in the back pocket for the elite guys that flip or commit late.

You can't expect a kid who was locked up for 15 months due to Covid to commit to Miami the first weekend he's allowed to visit any college in person. It's asking for drama. Those FSU 5 stars are going to flip. What good will having their commitment in June mean then? That's Al Golden talk.

A kid high on the board really wants to commit and doesn't care about trips, of course you take it. But zero reason to push for a commit at this point.

Advertisement
Back