A Question about Lindy's football preview.

47wuztheman

Junior
So I guess the expectations are very low this year. I remember being a teen, and being really excited about the season from 85-93. I do not have the same optimistic view of the Canes as I did back then. There were playmakers all over the field and then there was JJ. Times have changed, and the current CFB landscape does not favor a small university such as Miami.

Advertisement
So I guess the expectations are very low this year. I remember being a teen, and being really excited about the season from 85-93. I do not have the same optimistic view of the Canes as I did back then. There were playmakers all over the field and then there was JJ. Times have changed, and the current CFB landscape does not favor a small university such as Miami.
fail

What a bunch of crap! The landscape of CFB has indeed changed, however if that's the case please explain why Miami continues to recruit as well as anyone in the country??? This has nothing to do with being small, and everything to do with poor player development and bad coaching. The U under Golden will be back, but we're two years away.

Advertisement
Ah não.jpg
GETOUT.jpg

The "professionals" in publications such as Lindy's - are compelled to base expectations on recent performances, number of returning starters, number of incoming freshmen, any coaching changes, quarterbacks returning, and in general - track record.

Miami doesn't have a good 'track record' as the last several years have been one big monkeyhump.

Look. Schnelleberger won the NC with a team that if you go back and look at preseason expectations, wasn't anywhere in the picture. Not only that - go back and look at preseason rankings any year you want - and compare with how they finished. Doesn't really match up.

And that's what I love about Miami. We don't fit the molds.

We're either far better or far worse than the professionals suggest. So, if I had my choice, I much rather they suggest that we're not worth a ****.

That's when we do best.

Advertisement

What a bunch of crap! The landscape of CFB has indeed changed, however if that's the case please explain why Miami continues to recruit as well as anyone in the country??? This has nothing to do with being small, and everything to do with poor player development and bad coaching. The U under Golden will be back, but we're two years away.

How would we do if we were not located in Dade county? It takes money to bring in good coaches. We always bring in projects. Imagine trying to get a Nick Saban to Miami. That is a unrealistic thought. Miami does not have the money the big schools have and it is catching up with the Canes.

Advertisement
the over/under for wins will probably be 6.5...maybe 7 (but I doubt it).

I want to beat the snot out of ND, VT, and FSU. the homer in me sees a lot of our tough games at home that we could pull out. the realist sees ZERO playmakers on offense and a bunch of FR expected to contribute significantly

honestly, I think 8-4 would have to be considered a very good season all things considered

Advertisement
Moderator Statement:

Please do not attack other posters. This board requires a premium level of decorum when posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back