Darrion Owens

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
No one talks about him. I have a feeling he is a going to make a big impact this year.

Advertisement
No one talks about him. I have a feeling he is a going to make a big impact this year.

Thats my boi... Can't wait to see him play this year.... Maybe the biggest reason Shaq likes Miami... Even more so than me being a U Fan.

His freshman year was very much like Perryman's except we didn't have to rely on him like we did with Perryman. Spence was **** near a one man show at LB'er without Perryman. Owens will be a good one.

Advertisement
Was my favorite recruit in his class. All-American type upside with proper coaching and usage.

Advertisement
He's a nice guy. Shook my hand once and really brightened my day. He won a few life moments that day.

Advertisement
Owens was my favorite recruit last year, and I considered him a dark horse to start with the exit of Figs. He has the perfect skill set for the SAM position in this system. The kid played F$ at times in high school and looked incredibly fluid. He's a natural pass rusher with his body lean and length--let's not forget hes a legit 6'3. He hits with violence, uses his hands well. He has perfect skill set to be a hybrid linebacker (spending the majority of the time in coverage), as opposed to a hybrid end (spending the majority of the time on the rush). I'm hopeful that his role expands considerably, even as a backup to McCord. I have to imagine that McCord will play a high number of snaps as a nickel DE, leaving Owens with an opportunity to take a healthy number of snaps in base as a spell--or even as a nickel S$/LB type player.

I think the game was fast for him which is expected but he was catching on in the end. he will be a solid contributor for us. hopefully a superstar we need superstars. even though young this defense this year is legit.

He's my favorite recruit of all-time. I think he's the best player ever.

Advertisement
Certainly a high level talent. Without mentioning the obvious concerns of scheme and coaching, he definitely has the physical and mental skills to be elite. The same can be said of Juwon Young, but it maybe the case of thinking instead of anticipating and reacting.

11325897_1439843429652993_1583349180_n.jpg

Advertisement
Back