Suarez pitching friday

Advertisement
Im thinking this could be a move to secure us a win while also having the most time to rest because if we make it to the super, he will pitch the first game for sure. So give him a weeks rest instead of 6, at least thats the way I see this move.

Like I said in the other thread about the rotation...Suarez is our stud--no doubt. But Woodrey has pitched well enough to be considered a co-ace. I would have been good with either guy to trot out there, and equally as confident that they're tough to beat.

I personally like Woodrey better. He's just more consistent, and has the ability to pitch to contact and make hitters hit pitches they don't want to swing at...which helps our D. I know GT sucks, but that CG 1-hitter he tossed against them was an absolute gem. If he can start pumping out performances like that, we're in business.

Suarez has excellent top-notch stuff, but tends to get too much of the plate in at least 1 inning per outing, it seems to me...and he gets tagged a little bit. For every 6 or 7 innings he gives you, you're gonna likely get one where he gets touched up for 3-4 runs.

That being said...I'm more than OK with starting Suarez against FIU. I'm confident in his ability to shut them down. He just needs to stay focused and impose his will a little more on hitters.

Advertisement
If our Big 3 pitch like they have all season, we are good to go.

Very happy that Cooper Huckabee or whatever his name is REALLY shining as a mddle reliever and set up man.

Garcia is the question, IMO. Lets hope he gets some innings where we have a big lead, to get his confidence back.

Advertisement
Back