Regionals pitching rotation

shoeless

Retired staff
Premium
What is everyone's thoughts on our pitching rotation in regionals? ECU is most likely going to be able to save their ace. Sosa, Woodrey, and then Suarez for the win?

Advertisement
Sounds about right to me. If we can't piece together a win with Sosa and the bullpen against FIU, then we're boned anyway.

I think either way you go next, you can't really go wrong. Woodrey has been good enough to be 1B to Suarez's 1A.

Negative. You throw Woodrey Friday and Suarez Saturday. You need to put the pressure on the other teams to use their arms. You need to win your first two (you are all rested ) then you throw Sosa to close it out in 3 against some already pressed bullpens. If you lose that one you have enough with Danny, Derrick and wholestaff. In these double elimination tourneys the teams that start 2-0 usually win it about 70-80% of the times

That's the exact opposite of anything that Jim Morris has ever done in his career, just so you know. He is going to have his ace ready for the winner's bracket game.

Advertisement
I was thinking Danny Garcia as well but felt maybe Sosa was a "safer" option. FIU has some serious talent even though they underachieved most of season. They were a preseason top 25 team so we need to make sure we take care of business.

I know Sosa has been inconsistent, but aren't his home splits insanely good? Thought I remember hearing that during the ACC Tournament. My personal preference would be Danny Garcia, Woodrey, and Suarez, in that order. Then you have Sosa if you have to go to a 4th game, who should be a better arm then whomever your opponent throws at that point.

Advertisement
I know Sosa has been inconsistent, but aren't his home splits insanely good? Thought I remember hearing that during the ACC Tournament. My personal preference would be Danny Garcia, Woodrey, and Suarez, in that order. Then you have Sosa if you have to go to a 4th game, who should be a better arm then whomever your opponent throws at that point.
Unless that team in a 4th game saves their ace, I think you could argue that a Garcia/Beauprez combo would be better than what they could trot out there.

What are the other guys doing? Is FIU gonna go with their number one Friday against us?

What about ECU and Columbia?

Is FIU really gonna be this old time hockey grudge type victory game they hyped on the selection show? I can't see ONE FIU student and/or fan besides parents of players at that game.

I wasn't kidding. So they are going all out for a one and done. Makes sense.

Let's hope those Florida schools do the same thing at UF in their regional.

I HATE FIU, hate the very thought of a 60,000 tax payer subsidized degree factory for anti Americans. I will enjoy beating the *** of those scum Friday!

Advertisement
No, not right. But if we score 1 run in 9 ininnnigs in game one, like we did vs FAMU last year, THEN I will say something. After all, I was right. Said we would not score more than 2 runs the rest of the tournament, and I was spot on. Cakewalk to the CWS after UF choked, and we lost to a TT team with ZERO hitting, who asked for volunteers out of the stands to pitch.

Advertisement
So basically, ECU is gonna home skool us, or not. And FIU only cares about beating us Friday, and are cotent to BBQ

Time to roll! Canes NEVER get a break like this, and despite what that piece of dog **** Blake James says, you need to WIN to be a
champion.

Just being liberal and losing does NOT make anyone a champion. I hope we win the CWS, and that POS Fake James has to resign in shame!

Is FIU gonna go with their number one Friday against us?

Are you kidding? This is the biggest game in the history of their school.

Are you kidding? I'm sure a #4 vs. [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] first round matchup in the regionals is way more important than the 2001 Super Regionals against USC.

Right, because they have a tough decision to make: throw their #1 against Miami on Friday, or throw their #1 against USC in 2001. Tough call.

Seriously, if you can't understand that post in context, stay away from our threads. You're not exactly the most astute baseball guy around here.

Advertisement
Back