STEPHON TAYLOR 2016 DT as a UM Priority

Paranos

All-ACC
STEPHON TAYLOR 2016 DT is a UM Priority from New Orleans and the 6'5" 300lbs will be visiting Miami this summer. He has a very good first step to provide a good interior pass rush and he plays the run even better. He is also a Basketball player which helps his footwork. He has over 30 offers, but will definitely need to redshirt in order gain the strength needed to become an dominant force at the Power 5 level, his frame can add another 20lbs of lean mass easily.

The good thing for Miami is Louisiana is loaded with DT talent for the 2016 class an LSU/Ed Orgeron can't take them all so this young man could fall to UM by default. An UM currently having two Louisianimals on the roster in Standish Dobard and Willis should be able to bond with this young man to get UM into higher consideration. A 2016 dline haul of Ben Frazier, Jabari Ellis, Mastephon Taylor, and Tyrell Chavis would be a very good interior dline foundation for the future blended with some immediate impact players.

[HUDL]athlete/2954998/highlights/197384375[/HUDL]

[video=youtube;aXAPHQI6JnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAPHQI6JnE[/video]

[video=youtube;dCh2wNmB0m4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCh2wNmB0m4[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just impossible for me to believe we can get a top DT based on recent recruiting and defensive Scheme.

Yep,last year we signed a big DE we will now beef up for a couple years and hope he can be more Kamalu than Hamilton.A DT with grade issues who most schools consider a much better OG and another DT who is slow,not explosive that nobody else wanted.I'd love to land just 1 of those 4 paranos listed in his wet dream.

Agreed. We're going to have to show something to D-line recruits this year, or it might be a while before we land another top recruit there. We have a LOT of talent there this year, and if we manage to get only 15 sacks all year... I will explode. I've been patient, but the talent is there now to do more than play patacake. Time to actually get after someone.
Just impossible for me to believe we can get a top DT based on recent recruiting and defensive Scheme.

Advertisement
Recruiting Update: Plenty of uncommitted 2016 talent for LSU, others to chase locally - SportsNOLA

Recruiting Update: Plenty of uncommitted 2016 talent for LSU, others to chase locally
Posted by: Rene Nadeau June 20, 2015

......Stephon Taylor (6-4, 292), the rangy McDonogh 35 defensive tackle, ranks in the top 30 nationwide at his position. His recruiting is causing quite a stir. He has made tremendous strides over the last year in the eyes of many programs.

LSU appears to be team to beat for Taylor with Auburn making their case. Florida State, Alabama, Texas, Arizona, Arizona State, Florida, Miami, Nebraska, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas A&M are among the 35-plus offers on the table. He paid a visit to Baton Rouge last weekend. Some felt he could decide during that time. It could be close to decision time......

It sounds like LSU is moving to a 3-4 Defense which is why they have told 2016 DT Glen Logan he will be playing D-end, leaving room for Stephon Taylor who would also be an ideal 3-4 D-end/DT which how Miami would utilize him as well. Hopefully Miami can get him to visit Coral Gables so he can see what UM has to offer before he commits LSU. If he is a prime target for L$U then that $EC Bag man can't be far behind especially for a kid he see's himself as a 3 years and off to the NFL type.

Glen Logan Commits to LSU: Tigers Land 4-Star Defensive Lineman | ChatNCAA.com

Glen Logan Commits to LSU: Tigers Land 4-Star Defensive Lineman
By Brian Pedersen June 3, 2015

LSU's hiring of noted recruiter Ed Orgeron has paid off yet again, as the Tigers landed a commitment Wednesday from one of the top defensive lineman prospects in the country. ....

The 6'4", 290-pound Logan, whom 247Sports rated as the No. 255 overall prospect in the 2016 class and the 23rd-best defensive tackle, chose LSU over a slew of suitors, including fellow SEC schools Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Texas A&M.

"Logan has been quiet during much of his recruitment, but it was apparent that he was one of the Tigers' top targets in the class," wrote James Smith of NOLA.com.

Though he's listed solely as a defensive tackle on recruiting sites, LSU is looking at Logan as a potential defensive end, as he told Shea Dixon of 247Sports: "They have told me they like me at defensive end, and that's good with me. I will play wherever. I like both positions. I am accustomed to playing both at Destrehan, so I know I can play wherever they put me. I'm just happy for the opportunity."

Logan is the 11th commitment that LSU has secured for 2016 and the 10th that has at least four stars in 247Sports' composite rankings. His acquisition bumps the Tigers to fifth in the team rankings for 2016, moving ahead of Ole Miss and getting close to Georgia for the SEC lead.

Orgeron, the former Ole Miss head coach and USC interim coach who was hired last winter to coach LSU's defensive line, is also credited with helping the Tigers get a commitment from 5-star tackle Edwin Alexander back in April. He missed out on a pair of Texas-based defensive linemen—Ed Oliver and Kendell Jones—who went with Houston and Alabama, respectively, though Orgeron has been heavily involved in trying to pick up 5-star Louisiana defensive tackle Rashard Lawrence, per Dixon.

LSU is also hoping to grab 4-star Louisiana tackle Stephon Taylor, and the desire to shift Logan to end could help lure Taylor and Lawrence to Baton Rouge.

Love's Crawfish and Gumbo...We're not in it with Texas Charlie also in the mix of the thirty offers.

2016 DT MASTEPHON TAYLOR according to a recent article on Canesports is now seriously looking at Miami and speaks with DL coach Randy Melvin from Miami. I would be surprised to see him get away from LSU, unless LSU is going in a different direction which could be why Taylor has rising interest in Miami.

Link to Story (if someone wants to post a synopsis)
https://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=903&script=%2Fcontent.asp&cid=1788263

Go Canes

Advertisement
They got Edwin Alexander, Glen Logan, they're probably taking two more with the losses of Valentine and Gain, presumably one of the takes would be a Juco guy

They got Edwin Alexander, Glen Logan, they're probably taking two more with the losses of Valentine and Gain, presumably one of the takes would be a Juco guy

sounds like they have recruited well over the years! **** these LSU kids are quoting old school Cane players because of Coach O. An we have our current Miami coaches talking about who they had a Temple for players as a base standard, Jesus how that hurts to listen to.
[video=youtube;yL_HJ9r9Ggk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL_HJ9r9Ggk[/video]

Advertisement
Back