Nate McBride 2017 LB Needs a UM Offer

Advertisement
He has great speed and in no way am I criticizing your eval on him but he's stiff as **** in pass coverage. I think he's a Fullback and maybe 3-4 MLB. He seems to get through the wash well enough, but he doesn't use his hands at all. He shoulders everything. Is he worthy of a UM offer? Maybe, but I would offer him as a FB.

He has great speed and in no way am I criticizing your eval on him but he's stiff as **** in pass coverage. I think he's a Fullback and maybe 3-4 MLB. He seems to get through the wash well enough, but he doesn't use his hands at all. He shoulders everything. Is he worthy of a UM offer? Maybe, but I would offer him as a FB.

Swasey's 2nd area of expertise is flexibility and also in an interview Mcbride said he knows he needs to work on his pass coverage (which by the way was a very good observation on your part Cash). Also keep in mind he is just a sophomore so he has 2 years to improve plus a red-shirt year in college.

Go Canes

imo he's a back up plan if we hold on to the ilb commits we have and add deandre wilder n guy thomas we should close shop at lb

Advertisement
You recruit like **** the top players at all positions, especially those with elite speed and athleticism. If a top player wanted to commit at a position not of high necessity I'd accept the commitment. If we can get this guy, Wilder and Thomas, so much the better.

You recruit like **** the top players at all positions, especially those with elite speed and athleticism. If a top player wanted to commit at a position not of high necessity I'd accept the commitment. If we can get this guy, Wilder and Thomas, so much the better.

It's nothing ELITE about this guy imo

Really good speed for a guy 6'2" 220 as a sophomore in high school. That's big, and really fast, for a sophomore. Kid could end up at 240, and keep most of his speed. I'd take him.

Advertisement
Back