Harry Rothwell Confirms Black Jerseys are Coming

nemoran

Recruit
Harry Rothwell, GM of the All-Canes shop near UM’s campus, said Adidas’ five UM football jerseys for this season include, for the first time, a black jersey that UM will wear at least one game.

The new uniforms will be available for fans to purchase in late August and be unveiled to the public in July. Rothwell, who met with Adidas this week, expects the team to wear primarily orange and green at home but said the uniforms naturally will look different than Nike’s.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...timated-dolphins-jordan-tannehill-guards.html

Advertisement
Harry Rothwell, GM of the All-Canes shop near UM’s campus, said Adidas’ five UM football jerseys for this season include, for the first time, a black jersey that UM will wear at least one game.

The new uniforms will be available for fans to purchase in late August and be unveiled to the public in July. Rothwell, who met with Adidas this week, expects the team to wear primarily orange and green at home but said the uniforms naturally will look different than Nike’s.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...timated-dolphins-jordan-tannehill-guards.html

It is not really a secret as to what Addidas plans to do. If you look at all their teams, UCLA, Louisville ect, I am sure we will see alot of the same types of uniforms they use. There is not much variation from one team to the other, just color differences.

Advertisement
Does anyone know why Nike did not make Miami black unis?

Well, we weren't one of the first teams to do it 10 years ago when it was actually cool. Now it is trite and cliche...just like the rest of this program under Golden.

When Nike did give us an alternate color they tried that dark grey, which was the same idea but at least not the black for black's sake that had become cliche.

Here's the reality: Middle Tennessee ******* State has beat us to the punch on this blackout thing. We are just the very tail end of the bandwagon on this trend that wasn't even that great to start with.

Advertisement
I could dig it. At this point in uniform-dom who would do something that wasn't done first by Oregon and then with a minute change they didn't ... By someone else?

The black jersey will be perfect for the last game of a disastrous 4-8 season. Black is what one wears to a funeral.

Advertisement
Put me in the category that says UM should be in Orange and white, with the occasional green.

I don't really mind a more modern mix of those colors but going away from your colors is in poor form IMO.

Put me in the category that says UM should be in Orange and white, with the occasional green.

I don't really mind a more modern mix of those colors but going away from your colors is in poor form IMO.

I agree. I can leave with Orange/White, with the occasional Green/White. For god's sakes, leave the ******* helmets alone!

Advertisement

I agree. I can leave with Orange/White, with the occasional Green/White. For god's sakes, leave the ****ing helmets alone!

Don't touch the helmets !!!! And hate all in one color. White/Orange prefeence. That Clemson look"all orange" or just all green is awful !!

I agree. I can leave with Orange/White, with the occasional Green/White. For god's sakes, leave the ****ing helmets alone!

Don't touch the helmets !!!! And hate all in one color. White/Orange prefeence. That Clemson look"all orange" or just all green is awful !!

I agree.

And those foolish looking throwback greens with the gold helmet reminds us of a time when UM was trying to look like notre dame. We should NEVER use those again.

Does anyone know why Nike did not make Miami black unis?

Well, we weren't one of the first teams to do it 10 years ago when it was actually cool. Now it is trite and cliche...just like the rest of this program under Golden.

When Nike did give us an alternate color they tried that dark grey, which was the same idea but at least not the black for black's sake that had become cliche.

Here's the reality: Middle Tennessee ****ing State has beat us to the punch on this blackout thing. We are just the very tail end of the bandwagon on this trend that wasn't even that great to start with.

I'd take Rick Stockstill as HC at UM over Grolden any day.

Advertisement
Back