Tony chickillo Facebook posting on TOS!

Advertisement
here it is.....sorry its in bold but had to copy it

THANKS FOR ALL THE WARM AND FRIENDLY CONGRATULATIONS FROM PAST ,PRESENT, AND FUTURE FRIENDS.THIS IS MY FIRST POST. IM SORRY FOR NOT WRITING TO ALL OF YOU SOONER,I PREFER EMAIL. WHAT CAN i SAY ABOUT MY SON i'M SO PROUD OF HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS ON AND OFF THE FIELD AS HE IS GRADUATING THIS FRIDAY.HE HAD PERSEVERED THOUGH ONE OF THE TOUGHEST TIMES IN UM HISTORY.WITH REGARDS TO THE PROBATION,LACK OF SCHOLARSHIPS,PLAYER SUSPENSIONS.HAVING TO PLAY MULTIPLE POSITIONS ON THE DEFENSIVE LINE.

THANK GOD HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY IN THE EAST WEST SHINE GAME, COMBINE AND PRO DAY OR HE WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN DRAFTED AT ALL.
THANKS TO COACH TOMLIN AND MR ROONEY FOR TAKING TIME TO VISIT WITH ANTHONY DURING HIS PRO DAY.
I WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW AND LOVE THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI.BEING A PART OF THE GREAT TRADITION WE ESTABLISHED.
HOWEVER, IT HAS BEEN TOUGH TO WATCH AT TIMES.LOSING EX -TEAMMATES FRIENDSHIPS BECAUSE MY SON WENT TO THE U.
WAS THE TOUGHEST THING TO UNDERSTAND.
AS FOR THE REST OF 2015 DRAFT CLASS AND FREE AGENTS YOU PERSEVERED FIGHTING THE SAME KIND OF ADVERSITY AS ANTHONY. KEEP THE FAITH AS WE OUR ALL PART OF THE U.
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS.SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE TEAMMATES AND FRIENDS WHO STOOD BY ME DURING THE TOUGH TIMES.
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO MMMMM ????.

In my opinion, the biggest issue he can have is that his son was played too early before he was developed, due to depth issues. But he didn't seem to mind at the time (all these kids want to play right away). While its easy (and fair) to point to all the issues on D, his son had about a couple thousand chances to rush the passer on throwing downs in his college career and only managed 15 sacks, I believe getting less each year. I think we all rightfully want to complain about the scheme and all that, but this kid, while he has a ton of heart, wasn't very good. He was great in high school when his sized was an advantage. Wish him well but can't imagine he will do much at next level.

Advertisement
In my opinion, the biggest issue he can have is that his son was played too early before he was developed, due to depth issues. But he didn't seem to mind at the time (all these kids want to play right away). While its easy (and fair) to point to all the issues on D, his son had about a couple thousand chances to rush the passer on throwing downs in his college career and only managed 15 sacks, I believe getting less each year. I think we all rightfully want to complain about the scheme and all that, but this kid, while he has a ton of heart, wasn't very good. He was great in high school when his sized was an advantage. Wish him well but can't imagine he will do much at next level.
Well, in my opinion, you are absolutely clueless.

"Al, why didn't Chickillo get drafted until the 5th round?"

"Too many ME's"

"Losing ex teammates because my son went to the U." What does that mean? He lost his ex-teammates? Wouldn't those be hurricanes? Why did he lose them when his son became a hurricane too?

Advertisement
**** Al Golden. But, here, maybe Chickillo's expectations were just a bit too high. Not sure the guy would've excelled elsewhere. Best of luck to him though.

"Losing ex teammates because my son went to the U." What does that mean? He lost his ex-teammates? Wouldn't those be hurricanes? Why did he lose them when his son became a hurricane too?

sounds like many ex canes are not fans of the current staff. this isn't a surprise. we've heard from plenty ex-canes how dissatisfied they are with the way the players are being used. outside of DBJ and Irvin i can't think of any other major supporters of Golden and i don't really believe Irvin is as much of a supporter of Golden as he is in the school in general.

He is definitely not a fan of corch

A friend of mine who sits near him at all of the games has mentioned to me multiple times that during the games Tony would get drunk and start talking **** about the coaching. Not sure if it was just Dorito, Al or both.

Advertisement

Because if you care about your son, you don't send him to play for an imbecile like Alfraud Glutton. Sounds like his ex-teammates see the big picture.

Because if you care about your son, you don't send him to play for an imbecile like Alfraud Glutton. Sounds like his ex-teammates see the big picture.

And that would cause you to lose their friendship? Some friends.

He is definitely not a fan of corch

A friend of mine who sits near him at all of the games has mentioned to me multiple times that during the games Tony would get drunk and start talking **** about the coaching. Not sure if it was just Dorito, Al or both.

They need to keep it going and make a statement now, he can't hurt his kids pt anymore.

Advertisement

Yeah, that was a retarded statement.

I think Chickillo was very talented coming out of high school, but when he put on a lot of weight, he lost his quickness and agility, his greatest asset. Some players can gain a lot of weight and not lose too much. Chickillo was not one of them.

Is that you Al? Or is it Mark? Kid shined first year, then Al and Mark got more chance to coach him up and install their wunder defense. Chick did great everywhere EXCEPT Al's defense.

Advertisement
Back