Hmmmm..... Is fsu REALLY developing south Florida talent?

brock

All-American
.... Miami's top 6 picks
1st round Ereck flowers 9 overall
1st round Phillip dorsett 29 overall
2nd round Denzel perryman 48 overall
3rd round Clive Waldord 68 overall
3rd round Duke Johnson 77 overall
4th round Jon feliciano 128 overall
All from south Florida....

Fsu on the other hand first pick in the draft from south Florida was
5th round rashard Greene 139 overall
6th round nick oleary 194 overall
7 th round bobby hart....

Hmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
.... Miami's top 6 picks
1st round Ereck flowers 9 overall
1st round Phillip dorsett 29 overall
2nd round Denzel perryman 48 overall
3rd round Clive Waldord 68 overall
3rd round Duke Johnson 77 overall
4th round Jon feliciano 128 overall
All from south Florida....

Fsu on the other hand first pick in the draft from south Florida was
5th round rashard Greene 139 overall
6th round nick oleary 194 overall
7 th round bobby hart....

Hmmmmmmm

This is something that I'm sure the coaches are trying to get across to the current south florida recruits.
***At our worst (6-7) we can still get you to the league. Imagine if we keep you and the other south florida studs at home and we are at our best...i.e. 2001 "We ballin' boys" Lol

Advertisement
FSU has been 1 QB away from being irrelevant. #truth

I think most rational people would disagree. FSU is recruiting and developing at a pretty impressive pace right now even if you take away Jameis.

Jameis made that team work. They would have lost 4-5 games without Jameis last year. People forget that they were almost beaten by Miami, Louisville, uf, noted dame, ncstate to name off the top of my head but Jameis brought them back. Without him that wouldn't happen

What does being drafted higher has to do with development? Especially when most of the players in the draft are selected off of potential. What does development have to do with Greenr when he broke almost every receiving record at fsu? That's development 2+ 1k seasons. Oleary broke the tight end record. That's development. Bobby Hart was a starter. They got all they could out of those players and their record shows. I don't see how we can make an argument out of development between the too staffs. How can you get credit for developing a player when you mid utilize them. How can we bring PD up in a development convo when he averaged around 3 catches a game? Remember PD had over 800 yards as a sophomore... He stats should have been even better... The question is how come we lost 7 games when we got the best players out of south Florida for their respected classes?

Advertisement

I think most rational people would disagree. FSU is recruiting and developing at a pretty impressive pace right now even if you take away Jameis.

Jameis made that team work. They would have lost 4-5 games without Jameis last year. People forget that they were almost beaten by Miami, Louisville, uf, noted dame, ncstate to name off the top of my head but Jameis brought them back. Without him that wouldn't happen

Please stop with this crap; especially using Winston's success as the sole reason FSU has had success.

They just broke Miami's record of most players drafted over a three-year span. They are absolutely developing players, even without Winston.

We are getting very pathetic as a fan base. In complete denial.
Yep, agreed. Who cares OP? FSU has kicked our *** for how many straight years now? Do we get wins and national championships from the draft?

This is what happens when the administration of an athletic program accepts mediocrity and lowers the bar.

OP should be embarrassed.

Please stop with this crap; especially using Winston's success as the sole reason FSU has had success.

They just broke Miami's record of most players drafted over a three-year span. They are absolutely developing players, even without Winston.

Who cares if they "broke" Miami record. In Miami 28 draft span of 3years we put more than half 54% 1st round draft picks out of 28 players. In 29 Fsu only had 6 1st rounders. Quality over quantity any day....

Advertisement
Yep, agreed. Who cares OP? FSU has kicked our *** for how many straight years now? Do we get wins and national championships from the draft?

This is what happens when the administration of an athletic program accepts mediocrity and lowers the bar.

Was just pointing it out. Do you even know any south Florida players ? Because if you did you would know one of the main reasons they didn't come to Miami was because they felt Miami wasn't developing players as much as other teams.... This will help dispel that no matter if you don't want to hear it or not....

Last edited:

Was just pointing it out. Do you even know any south Florida players ? Because if you did you would know some One of the reasons they didn't come to Miami was because they felt Miami wasn't developing players as much as other teams.... This will help dispel that no matter if you don't want to hear it or not....
One of the reasons they come here is because of the exposure they will get, which will then in turn allow them to showcase their talent to get drafted. Scouts still look at Miami's talent, win or lose.

It has nothing to do with some perception that Al Golden or anyone associated with him is a developer of talent.

Great post, Brock. You're killing it today. FSU is not developing South Florida talent, and your post is conclusive proof of it.

Just to drive your point home even further you should show us how terrible FSU has been over the last several years when it comes to players drafted. I think they only had 2 guys drafted this year and none the previous 3 years.

It's especially true with S. Florida players. They never get any S. Florida players drafted. They sometimes develop Georgia players, but never S. Florida players.

Great post, Brock. You're killing it today. FSU is not developing South Florida talent, and your post is conclusive proof of it.

Just to drive your point home even further you should show us how terrible FSU has been over the last several years when it comes to players drafted. I think they only had 2 guys drafted this year and none the previous 3 years.

It's especially true with S. Florida players. They never get any S. Florida players drafted. They sometimes develop Georgia players, but never S. Florida players.
LMAO

Advertisement
Back