Denzel Perryman DESERVES to be drafted in the first round

LexZapata

Freshman
He looks like a plug and play pro continuing the tradition of linebacker U. He could be the leader of a defense for 10 years it looks like.

Advertisement
I loved the guy in college, but his inability to cover makes him a liability. These big, fast TE's will eat him up.

Only reason he isn't a 1st Round lock is pass coverage ability and the NFL prototype "height" thing.

I wonder, regardless of skill, how many sub 6 foot inside line backers have gone in the first round over the last 5 years?

Advertisement
only perryman struggled in converage is because the coaches thought he needed to gain 15 lbs

Advertisement
Perryman arrived about 20 years too late. His 'skillset' is almost obsolete in the contemporary NFL.

If you want to see what a 1st round LB is these days watch Eric Kendricks.

Advertisement
Height thing isnt an issue at all. Its that hes a 2 down linebacker and depending on team playing and situation he could play less than half plays. In pass happy NFL a 2 down ILB is a dying breed but i think he could improve enough in that area. Guy plays all out with effort and passion and is the kind of player i want on my side. Would be good fit in 14' like 49ers def.

Advertisement
Only reason he isn't a 1st Round lock is pass coverage ability and the NFL prototype "height" thing.

Height isn't a problem, arm length is, which he did struggle with. When ever o-lineman got there hands on him he struggled to shed them off. He seems like he will just be a 2 down linebacker for his first year.

Both vontaze burfict and Brandon spikes are slow, kinda undersized linebackers who can't really cover the pass, yet both have found success in the nfl. I think dp has hope

I hope he doesn't last until the 4th round but if he's available when The Phins are picking there, he'd be a great fit.. I believe he could have a career similar to Zach Thomas, both around the same size and great tacklers..

I hope he doesn't last until the 4th round but if he's available when The Phins are picking there, he'd be a great fit.. I believe he could have a career similar to Zach Thomas, both around the same size and great tacklers..

I'd love for the Phins to be able to get him in the later rounds, but would be just as pleased to see him go earlier. Kid did everything asked of him and was the defense for two years.

Advertisement
Back