Noles Own the Canes This Year (In Everything)

Kirijax

Senior
The last bastion of Canes sports, women's tennis, went down to the Noles today in a huge upset in the ACC tournament. The No. 10 Noles upset the No. 2 Canes. After seeing that, I just thought I'd see if we has won anything against the Noles this year.

Football (Noles)
Basketball (Noles)
Baseball (Noles)
MTennis (Noles)
WTennis (Noles)
Volleyball (Noles)
Soccer (Noles)

It's just comical now.

Advertisement
The last bastion of Canes sports, women's tennis, went down to the Noles today in a huge upset in the ACC tournament. The No. 10 Noles upset the No. 2 Canes. After seeing that, I just thought I'd see if we has won anything against the Noles this year.

Football (Noles)
Basketball (Noles)
Baseball (Noles)
MTennis (Noles)
WTennis (Noles)
Volleyball (Noles)
Soccer (Noles)

It's just comical now.

Ummmmmm

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209906894

Football (Noles)
Basketball (Noles)
Baseball (Noles)
MTennis (Noles)
WTennis (Noles)
Volleyball (Noles)
Soccer (Noles)

It's just comical now.

Ummmmmm

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209906894

After dropping the first. And the Canes women's basketball was swept as well.

A few others also that still make it better to be a Cane:

Chokes - Noles
Blown ops - Noles
Nightmares - Noles
Wide Rights - Noles
Wide lefts - Noles
Failed 2 pt conversions - Noles
Pity NCs - Noles
Undeserved NC games - Noles

Maybe our time has passed, but when we were good, great programs crumbled under our feet. When the noles are good, they still have to drug girls to just get lucky.

The BOT has destroyed one of the greatest brands ever. They are idiots.

Advertisement
The baseball team's loss to F$U on Friday is emblematic of the problem; because a flaw at A-Roid Park wasn't noticed and fixed, it probably cost the 'Canes the win. This lack of attention to detail, "good enough for our Athletic Department" mentality is a fatal flaw which continues under Flake James, Karl Marx, and the mostly unaccountable coaches.

It IS death by a thousand cuts...

The baseball team's loss to F$U on Friday is emblematic of the problem; because a flaw at A-Roid Park wasn't noticed and fixed, it probably cost the 'Canes the win. This lack of attention to detail, "good enough for our Athletic Department" mentality is a fatal flaw which continues under Flake James, Karl Marx, and the mostly unaccountable coaches.

I don't like our AD that much either's but this is really really stupid.

Really?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creeping_normality

Key Point:

"Creeping normality (i.e., "death by a thousand cuts") refers to the way a major change can be accepted as the normal situation if it happens slowly, in unnoticed increments, when it would be regarded as objectionable if it took place in a single step or short period."

That EXACTLY describes what has happened in Hurricane athletics.

The study of organizational dynamics may be some of the dryest stuff out there, but recognizing organizational dysfunction is the first step in correcting the problem.

A guy like Dr. Frenk, THE KEY DECISION MAKER, may appreciate this more than just saying, "Blake James Sucks, Fire Him!" C'mon people, this is a UNIVERSITY after all, you have to know how the people you are trying to influence think.

Advertisement

What flaw?

What are you talking about?

Really?

Key Point:

"Creeping normality (i.e., "death by a thousand cuts") refers to the way a major change can be accepted as the normal situation if it happens slowly, in unnoticed increments, when it would be regarded as objectionable if it took place in a single step or short period."

The study of organizational dynamics may be some of the dryest stuff out there, but recognizing organizational dysfunction is the first step in correcting the problem.

A guy like Dr. Frenk, THE KEY DECISION MAKER, may appreciate this more than just saying, "Blake James Sucks, Fire Him!" C'mon people, this is a UNIVERSITY after all, you have to know how the people you are trying to influence think.

I'm not disputing anything about how ****** our department is, I'm disputing the OPs theory that a fence placement in right field has AD mediocrity undertone. We are really reaching to make a point.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Football (Noles)
Basketball (Noles)
Baseball (Noles)
MTennis (Noles)
WTennis (Noles)
Volleyball (Noles)
Soccer (Noles)

It's just comical now.

Ummmmmm

After dropping the first. And the Canes women's basketball was swept as well.

How's a split in men's b-ball this year being owned? We split with them last year when we sucked and we swept them in 2012-13 when we were good.

Really?

Key Point:

I'm not disputing anything about how ****** our department is, I'm disputing the OPs theory that a fence placement in right field has AD mediocrity undertone. We are really reaching to make a point.

Maybe you have never been in the life and death business where making a TOT (Time on Target) or evaluating every grain of intel to assure an aircraft departure of critically wounded personnel goes out without being shot out of the sky...Guess what, EVERY detail needs to be checked, re-checked, and taken into account for success at the highest level. Do you think Special Operators just show up to snatch or eliminate a high value target with no planning? Seriously? They plan for EVERY contingency. The original plan may not survive first contact, but that is why you plan for that plan failing...The devil IS in the details.

Ok, lets bring it to sports, with a local example from ten or so years ago:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/a-moveable-war-feature

The team featured, from Pompano Beach, did not let any details to chance. Too bad there is no follow up article, because the next race season (2005) they WON the 24 Hours of Lemans...

Heck, even Hollywood knows that in order to win, a team and its organization MUST get the details right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b7bgtu2O4E

Now go watch The []_[] 2 again and watch how Butch Davis describes how he re-built a devasted Miami into the greatest College Football team the world has ever seen...He didn't blow off the details, he and his staff kept at it and at it and AT IT and mades sure little details which could prevent victory were addressed.

UMiami doesn't have the doner base, the alumni numbers or the advantages of being a public institution (See Emmert, Mark). UMiami has to lock down every detail in order to win. One ***** up in not sealing a gate is the perfect example of an Athletic Department not doing what it takes to win.

Advertisement
Back