OT, UFelony's distinguished students

Advertisement
What they did is despicable but im not going to hate UF because they had a couple idiot attending their school. I'm going to hate the gators for having a scrub football team whose offensive linemen block each other.

That lady is making a bigger deal than what happened. No one ****ed on the American flag and no one spit at the veterans. Furthermore, I've seen pictures and videos from that weekend with a lot of the veterans drinking beer with that fraternity.There were three kids that would being loud and what not so they were kicked out of the fraternity.

I was not there but all of these articles that are coming out are only giving one side of the story.What motivation would the fraternity have for peeing on an American flag or spitting on elderly veterans? I have no doubt they were being obnoxious and drunk on the beach but I solemnly believe the lady is magnifying the situation

Here's a Facebook link from a ZBT USMC member https://www.facebook.com/brettmaverickmusser/posts/977118085632106

Last edited by a moderator:
That lady is making a bigger deal than what happened. No one ****ed on the American flag and no one spit at the veterans. Furthermore, I've seen pictures and videos from that weekend with a lot of the veterans drinking beer with that fraternity.There were three kids that would being loud and what not so they were kicked out of the fraternity.

I was not there but all of these articles that are coming out are only giving one side of the story.What motivation would the fraternity have for peeing on an American flag or spitting on elderly veterans? I have no doubt they were being obnoxious and drunk on the beach but I solemnly believe the lady is magnifying the situation

Here's a Facebook link from a ZBT USMC member https://www.facebook.com/brettmaverickmusser/posts/977118085632106

Re-read it again:

"I come from a military family with a proud tradition of serving in the United States Marine Corp. My grandfather served in Korea, my father in Desert Storm, an uncle in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and my younger brother is currently serving as a private first class in the USMC. "

FAMILY is USMC, not him. My son and his wife (Both UM grads) come from a proud military family tradition, but that doesn't make them service members.

"As someone who was there at Panama City Beach I can say for a fact that no one I was with nor does anyone I know, know of someone who spit on a veteran or urinated on a flag. This does not mean that it never happened but it also doesn’t mean that someone in the chapter did those things."

He says he didn't see anything, but qualifies it with "This does not mean that it never happened." The resort itself reported it was ZBT (from Emory University also) and says they called local Law Enforcement. Obviously, the PD/SO way have more info then Mr. Musser.

Next question: If it was just "being loud," why is ZBT looking to make amends?

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20150423/ARTICLES/150429870

Advertisement

Re-read it again:

"I come from a military family with a proud tradition of serving in the United States Marine Corp. My grandfather served in Korea, my father in Desert Storm, an uncle in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and my younger brother is currently serving as a private first class in the USMC. "

FAMILY is USMC, not him. My son and his wife (Both UM grads) come from a proud military family tradition, but that doesn't make them service members.

"As someone who was there at Panama City Beach I can say for a fact that no one I was with nor does anyone I know, know of someone who spit on a veteran or urinated on a flag. This does not mean that it never happened but it also doesn’t mean that someone in the chapter did those things."

He says he didn't see anything, but qualifies it with "This does not mean that it never happened." The resort itself reported it was ZBT (from Emory University also) and says they called local Law Enforcement. Obviously, the PD/SO way have more info then Mr. Musser.

By the way, they are already on probation for hazing...What's next, Double Secret Probation handed down from Dean Wormer?

Re-read it again:

By the way, they are already on probation for hazing...What's next, Double Secret Probation handed down from Dean Wormer?

So probation for hazing makes them guilty in a completely separate affair? His post clearly states why ZBT is looking to make amends even though all the evidence has not even gathered.

And I did get him mixed up with his little brother who is a friend of mine. Let the investigation run its course before condemning them. This past year, there had been two separate rape stories published my major media outlets. Both were proven to be fabricated.

Furthermore, the UF students were not the only kids staying in that area for the weekend. And the lady has condemned the whole fraternity while bare minimum 3-5 kids could have been overly obnoxious when the rest of the fraternity were acting fine. Like I said, why was there no evidence at all or any police calls? Why did I see snapchat videos of veterans drinking beers with my friends? What are the motives for a fraternity to go out of their way, on their formal and last party of the year before finals, to cause trouble for elderly men and women that fought for our country? Why did the seven people who were at the trip tell me they saw none of the reported behavior? With multiple members coming from military families or serving in the military, you do not believe that these members would speak up against the actions of others if they behaved in a demeaning manner?

One of my friends was staying on at least the third or fourth floor of the hotel from what I saw. Why in God's earth would they throw beer bottles down a balcony when the result could be death? Ms. Cope also condemned the members of Emory University even though they were not near the veterans (from my understanding) during their stay. Guilt by association.

Let the evidence be gathered before believing a one sided story with no proof. I could see a fraternity member taking a US flag to keep or whatever reason. But I have an extremely hard time believing anyone would take a US flag then proceeding to **** on the flag in front of the aggrieved party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frat dudes are the toughest bunch of guys when they are with their fraternity brothers. Alone, most would run the other way.

Advertisement

Re-read it again:

So probation for hazing makes them guilty in a completely separate affair? His post clearly states why ZBT is looking to make amends even though all the evidence has not even gathered.

And I did get him mixed up with his little brother who is a friend of mine. Let the investigation run its course before condemning them. This past year, there had been two separate rape stories published my major media outlets. Both were proven to be fabricated.

Furthermore, the UF students were not the only kids staying in that area for the weekend. And the lady has condemned the whole fraternity while bare minimum 3-5 kids could have been overly obnoxious when the rest of the fraternity were acting fine. Like I said, why was there no evidence at all or any police calls? Why did I see snapchat videos of veterans drinking beers with my friends? What are the motives for a fraternity to go out of their way, on their formal and last party of the year before finals, to cause trouble for elderly men and women that fought for our country? Why did the seven people who were at the trip tell me they saw none of the reported behavior? With multiple members coming from military families or serving in the military, you do not believe that these members would speak up against the actions of others if they behaved in a demeaning manner?

One of my friends was staying on at least the third or fourth floor of the hotel from what I saw. Why in God's earth would they throw beer bottles down a balcony when the result could be death? Ms. Cope also condemned the members of Emory University even though they were not near the veterans (from my understanding) during their stay. Guilt by association.

Let the evidence be gathered before believing a one sided story with no proof. I could see a fraternity member taking a US flag to keep or whatever reason. But I have an extremely hard time believing anyone would take a US flag then proceeding to **** on the flag in front of the aggrieved party.

No, the hazing suspension doesn't make ZBT guilty here, however it shows what is appears to be a pattern of misconduct brewing at UFelony's ZBT house. One offense, the hazing, has occured. It appears, by UFelony ZBT's own actions that another incident has occured, again involving members of their frat. Like the Russian military, whose use of 18-20 year old concript "NCOs" of one year's experience leads to rampant hazing and draft dodging, the apparent lack of adult supervision at UFelony ZBT is cause for serious concern.

I tried to limit this just to UFelony ZBT, but if you want to bring up the UVA Rolling Stone sham story as a way to defend frat behavior in general, then you have opened Pandora's Box. Speaking of frat hazing, there is an entire Wikipedia page devoted to hazing DEATHs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hazing_deaths_in_the_United_States

Here and there (FAMU band, Masons) it is not frats, but look at the list with Greek all over it. It is not just a lady who you think is wrong, not just vets who you imply are lying, not a media overblowing a story, but the evidence of ACTUAL DEAD BODIES who died due to Fraternity hazing.

Do you want to talk about damage to property next? Here is a start: http://deadspin.com/5534166/miami-university-had-the-pukiest-poopiest-sexiest-spring-formal-ever

Just a few bad apples at UFelony ZBT? Nope, a Lord of the Flies situation, no seasoned adults who know better and have the scars to prove it, supervising. You state "With multiple members coming from military families or serving in the military, you do not believe that these members would speak up against the actions of others if they behaved in a demeaning manner?" Based on my experience of leading large groups of young people, including young people IN COMBAT, the peer pressure to go along and NOT speak up is enormous, so your hypothesis ignores the real world of peer leadership. BTW, us old guys were once 18-25 too...Don't try to BS a BS'er.

Last edited:

Re-read it again:

Dude, these are gators. Nothing alleged is outside their normal behavior for over 60 years. They are slim and acted like slime. No reason to defend them at all. This is all to typical of gator behavior. Besides, just being gators is reason enough to punish them. I say send the Marines to the campus and turn them lose on all greeks, geeks and jocks -- film it for next season of Swamp people!

I'm not trying to BS a BS'er. I don't care to BS anyone. Why in the would I be arguing the unpopular opinion to throw bull**** out? You have your set of beliefs, which include hating everything Greek life. Clearly you do not want to let the evidence gathered and would just condemn the fraternity. And it's laughable if you believe fraternity was put on probation for hazing that could have resulted in death. My friends were put through that hazing and did not believe it was excessive or warranted probation.

Again, another chapter's actions have absolutely nothing to do with UF ZBT. Again, it's laughable to say that "my hypothesis ignores real world applications." You clearly have never been in a fraternity. Numerous times, an outlier or dissenting opinion will freely speak on an issue. At he fraternity also assigns risk managers to avoid complications such as these. Nevertheless, this conversation is fruitless. Your beliefs will keep you committed to defend one side. You do not want to wait for evidence other than word of mouth or entertain a likely medium that really occurred that weekend.

You still neglect a lot of parts that I have mentioned twice now. So for my last post I would love for you to answer the following questions:

Why did the lady condemn Emory students when they have no involvement in the matter?

How could the lady have been 100% positive it was the UF students when they were not the only kids staying in that area for the weekend? From her account, there was endless incidents at separate locations.

Will you entertain the idea that it could have been 3-5 students (3 students have already been expelled) acting overly obnoxious rather than the whole chapter?

In this digital age, why was there no evidence at all or any police calls? At a popular public beach, why did no one other witnesses or any officials claim to have seen a student steak an American flag then **** on the flag in front of 60 veterans?

Why did I see snapchat videos of veterans drinking beers with the fraternity?

What are the motives for a fraternity to go out of their way, on their formal and last party of the year before finals, to cause trouble for elderly men and women that fought for our country?

Why did the seven people who were at the trip tell me they saw none of the reported behavior?

One of my friends was staying on at least the third or fourth floor of the hotel from what I saw. Why in God's earth would they throw beer bottles down a balcony when the result could be death?

Advertisement
Okay, I had almost 15 years of military LE experience prior to tranfering to Air Ops, so let me do this point by point for clarity:

"You have your set of beliefs, which include hating everything Greek life."

Please quote where I said this...If you ASSumed it, that is your problem. My belief is you took "Strawman Arguments 101" somewhere because that is exactly what that statement is, a strawman argument practiced by politicians the world over.

"Clearly you do not want to let the evidence gathered and would just condemn the fraternity."

Latest reports are that the PCBPD responded, but no police report was filed, with the responding unit(s) leaving it to the proprietor, Laketown Wharf Resort, to handle. Yes, the media could have gotten the police part wrong, but that is what is out there. If that is the truth, the responsible cop supervisor screwed up and there is no police investigation ongoing, so any "evidence" gathering is not by the police. It's possible the Chief of Police up there, Drew Whitman, after his department has been under a microscope this year, may try to have his investigations unit take a look, but I'm sure they would like this to just die out. Did police work for 11 years on the Florida Gulf Coast and the cops not doing much on a response isn't suprising...A lot of them, like the Tallahassee "police," have off-duty jobs, not with the Seminole boosters, but with Club La Vela, Spinnaker, etc. and they don't want their gravy train drying up. See, not just ZBT members screwed up. Bottom Line: Any "Investigation" gathering "Evidence" into this incident is tainted by the bias of the investigator's position, be it national ZBT, UFelony, or Emory. If PCBPD does one, you can trust Gov. Scott will have the state's Florida Department of Law Enforcement looking over their shoulder, the case is too politically charged now.

"And it's laughable if you believe fraternity was put on probation for hazing that could have resulted in death. My friends were put through that hazing and did not believe it was excessive or warranted probation."

LAUGHABLE??? Did you even take the time to read the Wikipedia list? Since 1990, FORTY FOUR confirmed DEATHS due to hazing, including one ZBT, so it is entirely plausible for a pledge to die during hazing. Heck, New York's first anti-hazing statute was due to a ZBT pledge (the first African-American one) at Monmouth College being BURIED ALIVE in '74.

Your friends are the last people to judge if it was "excessive." Oh, BTW there is hazing that needs to stop in the military too. Just because you survive it doesn't mean it is right. Again, lack of adult supervision is quite evident, since by your account UFelony ZBT VIOLATES national ZBT rules:

http://ijourney.zbt.org/Public/NationalHazingPreventionWeek

"Again, another chapter's actions have absolutely nothing to do with UF ZBT. Again, it's laughable to say that "my hypothesis ignores real world applications." You clearly have never been in a fraternity."

Yep, lets just wait until a pledge dies or property is destroyed to address this problem. The warning signs are there, but lets choose to ignore them until something big happens. Well guess what, something big did just happen, but your too naive to understand it. Nope, I was never in a Frat, but it is clear that you have ZERO time in a military unit. If you did, you would understand the brotherhood of arms, not the brotherhood of some greek letters...These men in Panama City Beach lost limbs, lost a part of their lives and part of their sanity so people like you can go to school, can join yor fraternity and can have parties on the beach. If you haven't already, go to a VA hospital and see how my fellow vets are treated, real heroes who left so much on the battlefield for us all. I'm lucky, I came back with all my appendages, but trust me we all lost something in these wars.

To quote a fictional military character in a movie, "You want answers?" Here goes:

"Why did the lady condemn Emory students when they have no involvement in the matter?"

The resort staff told her it was ZBT from UFelony and Emory who were staying there. Unless the Emory students wore "ZBT Emory" shirts all the time, how was the resort staff or Ms. Cope suppossed to know?

"How could the lady have been 100% positive it was the UF students when they were not the only kids staying in that area for the weekend? From her account, there was endless incidents at separate locations."

Again, the incidents were at the resort and the resort staff told her the frat (ZBT) and the schools (Emory, UFelony) involved. I'm pretty sure Ms. Cope, being an elderly women, would be too frightened to confront a group of young college age men to fond out who they were and where they were from...Think about the real world here, Kyle.

"Will you entertain the idea that it could have been 3-5 students (3 students have already been expelled) acting overly obnoxious rather than the whole chapter?"

I can entertain anything, but your "just a few bad apples" argument doesn't hold much water when the UFelony ZBT was already on probation for hazing, the UFelony ZBT member Mr. Musser tries to invoke his FAMILY's military heritige in a twisted way to try and excuse his ZBT brother's callous actions and even your own disturbing rationalization of hazing gives me pause about more than just UFelony ZBT since you may be a ZBT Alpha Omega member and hazing actions like you accept may bring discredit to UMiami.

"In this digital age, why was there no evidence at all or any police calls? At a popular public beach, why did no one other witnesses or any officials claim to have seen a student steak an American flag then **** on the flag in front of 60 veterans?"

Again, see the media reports I referenced above. There are dispatch records for the PCBPD, but if no report was filed, it may be a dead end. Sorry, but not everyone of a certain age grabs their cell phone camera to take video of everything, I certainly don't. There may be security camera footage, but that is the proprietor's property unless the police have probable cause to believe a crime was commited and request it...This thing called the US Constitution needs to be followed.

"Why did I see snapchat videos of veterans drinking beers with the fraternity?"

Your point is...???? Is this Obama, The Professor and the Cop, where everything is cool if you have a beer together? How do know the spitting wasn't occuring at a different place in the resort when the beers were being consumed. No revelance to the issue we are discussing.

"What are the motives for a fraternity to go out of their way, on their formal and last party of the year before finals, to cause trouble for elderly men and women that fought for our country?"

Hmm, drunk perhaps? ****ed they couldn't get in the military? Girlfriend problems like the German Pilot who killed almost three hundred with him when he killed himself? Sorry, the absolutes of physics don't apply to the real world. I've busted people for some of the stupidest things you can imagine...Your young; depending on what you do and where you go, you will see amazing acts of human depravity as you age.

"Why did the seven people who were at the trip tell me they saw none of the reported behavior?"

They didn't see it or they lied to you or they were too drunk to remember or they weren't at the resort when the specific act were commited...The reasons are endless. Did you hire a polygraph operator and have them run your friends through an examination? Don't be naive and think friends will never lie to you or omit details, etc.

"One of my friends was staying on at least the third or fourth floor of the hotel from what I saw. Why in God's earth would they throw beer bottles down a balcony when the result could be death?"

Again, your ascribing rational actions to people at party filled with alcohol. ANYTHING can happen in those situations.

Recommend you re-visit this topic when you have graduated and had some life experience under your belt; you will be amazed how your perspective will have changed.

Last edited:
Kyle, you obviously have a biased opinion since you are personally connected to the accused, as a veteran all i would like to add is that you are a bigger **** bag for sticking up for gator frat **** bags

Advertisement
School em, 79. These young cats think they know everything. As a grandson of a WW2 vet, son of an Army special forces vet and stepson of a Vietnam medic vet, I personally thank you and all vets for my freedom; the same freedom that gives these clown youths and liberals their education and power to defend their "rights."

Last edited:

Bottom line an I repeat this is the bottom line "NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLING DESREPECT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAID OR DONE BY THE FRAT KIDS TO A VETERAN OR THE FLAG". Those kids shouldn't have been in a situation to where they thought saying anything other than thank you for your service, was appropriate to say. An the fact that you could come on here to attempt to defend them family friend or not is shameful. If the Frat kids had thanked the Veterans for their service which allow the frat kids to enjoy the safety we all live in this country then there would not have been any fire to cause smoke in the media.

An as for the Frat Chapter being suspended, if it truly was only a few of the members acting out then the other Frat Brothers should have called them out on the spot an had those members kicked out immediately, but instead they are apparently circling the wagons in their defense. If those kids did nothing at all then they would be screaming it from the mountain top publicly. I am old school so I have a code of loyalty, but even street loyalty has a code of violations you don't cross.

You need to check yourself on this one, those boys were hella outline. An as for the writer of the letter in the facebook, he will have to deal with his family on this one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back