Bracketology (updated on the reg)

Consigliere

All-American
In general, I don't get or like Lunardi.

Miami is Next Four Out as of 2/19.
17-9 (7-6)
RPI: 62 (tied with Cuse)
BPI: 50
SOS: 74

His latest update (2/19) makes no sense. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Last Four Byes

UCLA [16-11 (8-6)] lost to Arizona State on 2/18 (still in)
Cinn [17-9 (8-5)] lost to Xavier on 2/18 (still in) *also lost 3 straight*
Illinois [17-9 (7-6)] nothing since 2/15 (still in) *lost to us this season*
LSU [18-8 (7-6)] nothing since 2/17 (still in) *lost to TAM on 2/17, lost 4 of 6*

Last Four In

Stanford [16-9 (7-6)] nothing since 2/15 (still in) *lost 4 of 5*
St. John's [17-9 (6-7) nothing since 2/17 (still in) *lost to Georgetown on 2/17*
NC State [15-11 (6-7)] nothing since 2/14 (still in) *lost to us this season and lost 3 of 5, 6 of 10*
Boise State [19-7 (9-4)] beat UNLV 2/18 (still in) *they're "hot", won 9 of 10*

The weirdest thing is before the Boston College game we we're First Four Out, now we've beaten two teams and we're Next Four Out. Somehow we regressed by winning, while others lose and remain in contention.

I would say of the above 8 teams, 1 (Boise State) has a better argument to be in the tourney then Miami.

20-35 Watch
#22 Oklahoma State lost to #14 ISU
#27 Texas lost to #17 OU

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is no reason we should be behind NC State, except for the fact that their RPI is 19 points higher, at 43. If that's what Lunardi is going by, **** him. Other than that, our resume is better.....DID I MENTION WE BEAT THEM?

nothing new here, try to get a word in any ESPN article about the U. The only time they mention U & basketball in the same sentence is when our games are on ESPNU. Have on more than one occasion failed to either mention our score or don't transfer it to the standings. Here in NC our win over Duke is never mentioned.

Miami really doesnt have a huge arguement right now that they deserve to be in the field after the bad losses we've had last few weeks but its a freakin joke the teams they have in ahead of us. Obvious arguement will be we beat Illinois and Ncst H2H but please tell me how Boise st, Ucla, Cincy, Stanford, St Johns, Col. St, Dayton, Temple Texam, Davidson and Tulsa?? Theres some good teams in there but very few of them have as good of a win as us (@Duke) and many of them have bad losses. I could make a decent arguement us vs any of those teams.

Advertisement
Lunardi watches so much ball, he knows his ****. He sees UM the same way a die hard fan does, a talented team that's underperforming and not ready to make a tourney run.

Louisville is only 1 game better than us in the ACC, and theyre probably locked in at least a 6 seed. Go out there and beat UL or UNC, give them a run for their money and we're in business.

I don't care about the projections. Just win, baby. The rest will take care of itself.

No, they don't. Their only legit chance (aside from winning the ACCT) is to win 3 of 4 and win at least 1 game in the ACCT, which would make us 20-11, 10-8 before the ACCT. I don't see it happening, so it'll be NIT this year.

Advertisement
2/23 Update http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Miami is Next Four Out as of 2/23.
17-10 (7-7)

Below is since the 2/19 Update

Last Four Byes

Temple [19-9 (10-5)] lost last two games since 2/19 to Tulsa and SMU
Cincinnati [18-9 (9-5)] beat last place Houston since 2/19
LSU [19-8 (8-6)] beat UF since 2/19
Purdue [18-9 (10-4)] beat Indiana since 2/19

Last Four In

NC State [16-11 (7-7)] beat VT since 2/19. *We beat NCST and when we beat VT we moved back*
Illinois [17-10 (7-7)] lost to MSU since 2/19. *We beat Illinois*
UCLA [16-12 (8-7)] lost to #7 Arizona since 2/19.
Oregon [20-8 (10-5)] beat #9 Utah since 2/19.

Unfortunately, we lost a big opportunity when we couldn't close out Louisville. I would say of the above 8 teams, we have better qualifications than NC State, Illinois, LSU and UCLA. None of this matters in the end. We need wins, we need more wins.

USA Today has an updated bracketology [http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/238]
We're first four out

CBS has an updated bracketology [http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology]
We're first four out

Advertisement
This Pitt game is getting more and more important. Pitt (RPI 36) plays utter dog chit before us (BC and Wake), they will likely be 9-7 at that point. A win against Pitt, along with FSU and VT, may be enough.

Starts again on Wednesday against FSU.

2/23 Update http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Miami is Next Four Out as of 2/23.
17-10 (7-7)

Below is since the 2/19 Update

Last Four Byes

Temple [19-9 (10-5)] lost last two games since 2/19 to Tulsa and SMU
Cincinnati [18-9 (9-5)] beat last place Houston since 2/19
LSU [19-8 (8-6)] beat UF since 2/19
Purdue [18-9 (10-4)] beat Indiana since 2/19

Last Four In

NC State [16-11 (7-7)] beat VT since 2/19. *We beat NCST and when we beat VT we moved back*
Illinois [17-10 (7-7)] lost to MSU since 2/19. *We beat Illinois*
UCLA [16-12 (8-7)] lost to #7 Arizona since 2/19.
Oregon [20-8 (10-5)] beat #9 Utah since 2/19.

Unfortunately, we lost a big opportunity when we couldn't close out Louisville. I would say of the above 8 teams, we have better qualifications than NC State, Illinois, LSU and UCLA. None of this matters in the end. We need wins, we need more wins.

USA Today has an updated bracketology [http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/238]
We're first four out

CBS has an updated bracketology [http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology]
We're first four out

Temple, Cincy, Ill, UCLA LOLOLOLOLOL what a joke. Yea our resume is Meh but have u looked closely at these others? I mean UCLA is barely a .500 overall team. Temple got beat by 2 mediocre but somehow bubble teams. There SOS is terrible too.

He is way off. We aren't even close to being in the last four out, LOL!

last 20 out? Maybe

Advertisement
Texas is 9 seed at 17-10 and in 8th place out of 10 at 6-8 in conference. Lost last 2. and 6 of 9. Not even close to the bubble? But were not even 1st 4 out.

Don't worry. Even dullard Hamilton knows enough for Free Shoes to rout us at home tomorrow and end the debate once and for all. Once he figured out at halftime that we don't play any interior defense, the second half was a blowout, and will continue. Look for that inbred, ***, 7 footer to continue to kill us. (Ferigno? Whatever that 3 eyed clown's name was)

Don't worry. Even dullard Hamilton knows enough for Free Shoes to rout us at home tomorrow and end the debate once and for all. Once he figured out at halftime that we don't play any interior defense, the second half was a blowout, and will continue. Look for that inbred, ***, 7 footer to continue to kill us. (Ferigno? Whatever that 3 eyed clown's name was)

Are you a Canes fan? Thats a pretty delusional breakdown. The football mopes have officially moved over to the baskeball forum. Wow.

Advertisement
Back