Hate to say it, BUT

Advertisement
We just finished a season 6-7 after four years at Miami. He had a Butkis finalist at linebacker, a Mackey finalist at TE, a top 20 LT, programs all time leading rusher, all conference 3rd team qb, Dorsett possible first round WR and somehow the administration justified keeping him because of a cloud, night games, wind and noise. I put nothing past the administration.
This. The administration is full of incompetent dolts. They are literally ****ing on the fan base and telling them its raining. Raising prices after going 6-7. Telling the fans to deal with it. Telling the fans that this is the new Miami. Telling fans that they are the reason why they are losing games and recruits. If people want to be passionate about a program like that, they can be my guest.

We just finished a season 6-7 after four years at Miami. He had a Butkis finalist at linebacker, a Mackey finalist at TE, a top 20 LT, programs all time leading rusher, all conference 3rd team qb, Dorsett possible first round WR and somehow the administration justified keeping him because of a cloud, night games, wind and noise. I put nothing past the administration.

That's fine, but you didn't answer my question.

I can't root against the canes no matter how badly I want Al gone. In addition, he finished under .500 this year and they kept him, who's to say they want keep him after 4-8 next year?

Life is about probabilities. Do you think there's a higher likelihood they keep him after a 4-8 season or after an 8-4 season?

I'll hang up and listen.

Maybe? I don't know. I guess? I don't think any passionate Cane fan realizes or wants to accept just how indifferent the administration is about this football program. Just keep that ACC TV contract money coming in.

I can't root against the canes no matter how badly I want Al gone. In addition, he finished under .500 this year and they kept him, who's to say they want keep him after 4-8 next year?

Life is about probabilities. Do you think there's a higher likelihood they keep him after a 4-8 season or after an 8-4 season?

I'll hang up and listen.

Maybe? I don't know. I guess? I don't think any passionate Cane fan realizes or wants to accept just how indifferent the administration is about this football program. Just keep that ACC TV contract money coming in.

So then why did they fire Shannon? Because of all of the off-field issues we were having under him?

Oh wait.

Advertisement

I'll hang up and listen.

So then why did they fire Shannon? Because of all of the off-field issues we were having under him?

Oh wait.

Because they knew the whole Shapiro thing was coming down the pipe.

I'll hang up and listen.

For every action, there is an equal, or opposite reaction. The UM administration is indifferent about football. I firmly believe this. Therefore, I, too, am indifferent about UM football.

Sure, I will support the team from my couch, and I will cheer for us to win. But, the days of being a HC member, traveling to watch the team play, taking my family and friends to games. Yeah, that's finished.

If things change for the better, meaning we are competitive with the nation's elite, I will start spending money.

I'll hang up and listen.

Oh wait.

Because they knew the whole Shapiro thing was coming down the pipe.

And yet, it's been widely documented and reported that Shannon's refusal to deal with Shapiro and his insistence that all players stay away from him was one of, if not THE biggest asset we had throughout the investigation process.

I'll hang up and listen.

You don't need to root against at people like Al golden. Ultimately they will do themselves in

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back