7th Best Rivalry in CFB Miami-FSU

FRCane

Sophomore
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000363308/14-for-14-top-rivalries-in-college-football?campaign=Facebook_essay_huguenin

7. Florida State-Miami
Series history: Miami leads 31-27. First game was in 1951.
Buzz: This series has lost some luster because each program has struggled at times in the past 10 years. Then again, it would be tough to top the preceding 25 years: At least one of the teams was ranked at kickoff in every season from 1981-2006, 23 times one or both of the teams was in the top 10 and 12 times both were in the top 10. The game has taken on added importance since 2004, when UM joined the ACC. The teams have met annually just since 1969.

They rank the FSU-UF rivalry as #5. I thought most FSU fans view their rivalry with Miami better than their rivalry with UF. I don't know - can't wait to see it get back to the days where we were both in the top 10 again.

Advertisement
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000363308/14-for-14-top-rivalries-in-college-football?campaign=Facebook_essay_huguenin

7. Florida State-Miami
Series history: Miami leads 31-27. First game was in 1951.
Buzz: This series has lost some luster because each program has struggled at times in the past 10 years. Then again, it would be tough to top the preceding 25 years: At least one of the teams was ranked at kickoff in every season from 1981-2006, 23 times one or both of the teams was in the top 10 and 12 times both were in the top 10. The game has taken on added importance since 2004, when UM joined the ACC. The teams have met annually just since 1969.

They rank the FSU-UF rivalry as #5. I thought most FSU fans view their rivalry with Miami better than their rivalry with UF. I don't know - can't wait to see it get back to the days where we were both in the top 10 again.

Me too although FSU wouldn't be in the top 10 :)

Not so sure we're a bigger rival than UF to them now. FSU, or at least their fans, have looked at us as the 3rd/4th best team in the state recently.

Most FSU fans see us as a respected rival, but UF as a much more heated and hated rival. I think most would rather lose to us than UF if all teams are equally as good.

I think FSU and Miami played at a very high level. Except for the past decade UM vs FSU has national championship hanging from it..

UF on the other hand ... nobody likes

Advertisement
Back