The Work 6-12

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**JaQuan Johnson was on Miami's campus yesterday. He visited the football facility and was walking around campus with Mark D'Onofrio and Paul Williams. The Canes still feel like they are in position to land him, but UF remains a threat. Travaris Robinson is leading the charge for the Gators in his recruitment. I still feel good about counting him in this class for Miami, though.

**Tim Irvin will be visiting Miami unofficially today. A source close to Irvin tells me that FSU is making a push here, but that Miami fans should not be in panic mode. The Canes are still the favorite. Irvin and Johnson will be visiting UF this weekend.

**Despite reports that Miami commit Mark Walton has reclassified to the 2015 class, that is not true. Walton still has a lot of catching up to do credits-wise. Until something comes from the FHSAA, take any reports of his reclassification with a grain of salt (except what you read here of course :) ).

**Florida is the early favorite for Booker T. Washington prospects Davante Davis and Antonio Calloway. Miami is recruiting Davis at CB and Calloway at WR. They both believe that they will have the opportunity for early playing time at UF so that's what Miami is up against.

**It looks unlikely at this point that Miami will offer South Dade LB Doyle Grimes (Jamal Carter's younger brother). He left camp last week without an offer.

**Carol City CB Rashad Fenton is a name that Miami fans have been asking about over the last few weeks. There has been some confusion over whether or not he has an offer based on reports by other sites, but as I've posted, he would not be able to commit to Miami right now. He camped at Miami last weekend and still came away without an offer. It will be a wait-and-see approach for Miami as they likely want to see some of his senior year before pulling the trigger. If they do offer, it will be interesting to see if it will be "too late".

**A similar situation is unfolding with Antonio Howard. It has been reported that Miami offered him this week after his camp performance over the weekend, but I am told that he did not receive one and is not on Miami's radar at the moment. I am a fan of Howard's skill set, but Miami is still focused on Tyrek Cole, Tim Irvin, and Davante Davis at the position.

**Miami is still in the dark on whether or not Trayone Gray will qualify, which is usually not a good sign this late in the game. I'm not saying it is a complete done deal, but at this point a school has a good idea on if a kid will be able to get in or it. It would remain a surprise if he gets in.

**Michael Wyche should be at Miami for the second summer session. At the moment there are no concerns about his qualification status.

Advertisement
So Burr was right. Irvin and Johnson in Miami for single-day mid-week visits followed up by spending an entire weekend at UF.

We getting worked.

So Burr was right. Irvin and Johnson in Miami for single-day mid-week visits followed up by spending an entire weekend at UF.

We getting worked.

Johnson and Irvin have both visited Miami unofficially upwards of 10 times by now, so I would look at that as a positive.

Advertisement

We getting worked.

Johnson and Irvin have both visited Miami unofficially upwards of 10 times by now, so I would look at that as a positive.

Nothing positive about them spending a weekend together at UF with a guy (TRob) who has worked us over pretty good.

**JaQuan Johnson was on Miami's campus yesterday. He visited the football facility and was walking around campus with Mark D'Onofrio and Paul Williams. The Canes still feel like they are in position to land him, but UF remains a threat. Travaris Robinson is leading the charge for the Gators in his recruitment. I still feel good about counting him in this class for Miami, though.

21.gif

This staff really needs to close on some of these bigger name guys. If we miss on Johnson or Irvin it's an absolte faliure. No excuses same bs every year. Just get the **** guys u are supposed to get!

We getting worked.

Nothing positive about them spending a weekend together at UF with a guy (TRob) who has worked us over pretty good.

T-Rob about to get Joker'd

Advertisement

We getting worked.

*insert BOOM gif*

**Michael Wyche should be at Miami for the second summer session. At the moment there are no concerns about his qualification status.[/QUOTE]

Prays this stays the same!!!

We getting worked.

Yeap! The writing is on the wall...

We getting worked.

If by some miracle that's true, I'd hire T-Rob in any kind of position I could IF I could make sure none of his possible NCAA violations didn't come in the door with him.

That guy has done big things for UF on the trail, and he's not a bad coach either.

Advertisement

We getting worked.

but Miami is still focused on Tyrek Cole, Tim Irvin, and Davante Davis at the position.

So what about Carlton Davis? is he a priority? How many DB's are we trying to take this year?

We getting worked.

but Miami is still focused on Tyrek Cole, Tim Irvin, and Davante Davis at the position.

So what about Carlton Davis? is he a priority? How many DB's are we trying to take this year?

Davis is a safety.

Advertisement

We getting worked.

Anything to back that up?

We getting worked.

Says who? A recruit who heard it from a friend? Someone on our staff friendly with him? Your gut? I appreciate the work, but this statement needs some more. Would be huge for us.

Davis mentioned in a recent article that UM is recruiting him as a CB and that is why he's heavily considering them. Besides the fact they're close to home and mom likes em. He also said he feels more comfortable at CB. But thanks for trying there Petey boy

so Florida has Tim Irvin, Jaqun Johnson, and Carlton Davis visiting this weekend.plus they lead for Davante Davis they already have 3 DBS commited. C'mon South Florida players you gotta see the numbers here.

Advertisement
Back