72 hours ago

Advertisement
They had a get out if jail free card & weren't competent enough to do their due diligence & conduct a search.

We had to buyout Diaz anyway, he wasnt going anywhere. Yet they don't interview anyone.

You forgot to imply that we’d do a “national search” for HC with options such as Babers, Cristobal, Leach on the table. Only for UM to turn around and confirm that they were lying about every rumor...yea I’d be ****ed too

Advertisement
You forgot to imply that we’d do a “national search” for HC with options such as Babers, Cristobal, Leach on the table. Only for UM to turn around and confirm that they were lying about every rumor...yea I’d be ****ed too

You’re mad that some billionaires fibbed to you about how they’re going to spend a few million of their own dollars?

We’re not hiring Leach, or any big time coach; get over that hurdle.

I like the power move. I like that Richt didn’t want to exist in this atmosphere for $300,000/month for the next 36 months.

Give the hot shot coordinator a chance. More money for his coordinators. If he’s not working out, pull the plug on him too; and go after the next guy just as aggressively.

I’m sick of this **** where we date Randy Shannon and Al Golden for three years after we stopped *******. Bout time the board made some moves.

Just stop being short sighted. Focus on the method and not the madness.

You’re mad that some billionaires fibbed to you about how they’re going to spend a few million of their own dollars?

I like the power move. I like that Richt didn’t want to exist in this atmosphere for $300,000/month for the next 36 months.

Give the hot shot coordinator a chance. More money for his coordinators. If he’s not working out, pull the plug on him too; and go after the next guy just as aggressively.

I’m sick of this **** where we date Randy Shannon and Al Golden for three years after we stopped *******. Bout time the board made some moves.

You’ve completely missed the point, Majority of the people on here weren’t mad because it was Manny Diaz, they’re mad because our “national search” was concluded within 10 hours, we never called or interviewed anyone seriously. Manny's buyout was $4 mil, if UM intended to make him the HC this entire time, what was the point of conducting this “National Search” Bullsh*t, they should’ve just said Manny Diaz is our #1 option at this moment, now we’re the laughing stock of on rivals board. I really really really hope Manny Diaz succeeds, but if he doesn’t. This should serve as a lesson on hiring first time coaches simply because of “familiarity”

You’ve completely missed the point, Majority of the people on here weren’t mad because it was Manny Diaz, they’re mad because our “national search” was concluded within 10 hours, we never called or interviewed anyone seriously. Manny's buyout was $4 mil, if UM intended to make him the HC this entire time, what was the point of conducting this “National Search” Bullsh*t, they should’ve just said Manny Diaz is our #1 option at this moment, now we’re the laughing stock of on rivals board. I really really really hope Manny Diaz succeeds, but if he doesn’t. This should serve as a lesson on hiring first time coaches simply because of “familiarity”

Who cares what we are on message boards. If Diaz sucks, whoever all of a sudden acquired authority to start making power moves around here will get him out and go afternoon after someone else.

How much of a national search do you need? This **** isn’t some kind of mystery. Call Babers, Leach’s, Cristobal’s, Saban’s and whoever the **** else’s agent; too expensive? Not interested? Buyout too large? not hapnin for any reason? Dope, hire the guy you wanted a week ago.

If by making moves you are ******* lazy and hire the overrated DC with no experience, cant recruit,(does this sound just like Radio) then yep we did. 3-4 more years of mediocre results(beat up on the cupcakes lose to any team with a pulse) Rinse and repeat

Advertisement
If by making moves you are ******* lazy and hire the overrated DC with no experience, cant recruit,(does this sound just like Radio) then yep we did. 3-4 more years of mediocre results(beat up on the cupcakes lose to any team with a pulse) Rinse and repeat

Hiring Richt was lazy. Shoving his *** towards the door after his talented young coordinator bailed followed by an entire recruiting class is a move.

And buying the dude back is decisive. You idiots want Leach? Meyer? Saban? Venebles? Put up. Go buy these dudes houses and helicopters and private chefs and ****. Or shut up,

Our “national search” turned up Golden and Richt. I don’t need a committee of lawyers to tell some 70 year old Nanas how good the throwy ball teachers are.

Call agents, make some offers, make a move.

Hiring Richt was lazy. Shoving his *** towards the door after his talented young coordinator bailed followed by an entire recruiting class is a move.

And buying the dude back is decisive. You idiots want Leach? Meyer? Saban? Venebles? Put up. Go buy these dudes houses and helicopters and private chefs and ****. Or shut up,

Our “national search” turned up Golden and Richt. I don’t need a committee of lawyers to tell some 70 year old Nanas how good the throwy ball teachers are.

That is the ADs job.....but he is too ******* lazy

That is the ADs job.....but he is too ******* lazy
You need to live in the world as it exists in its current state; if we could go back in time and rebuild **** from the beginning that **** would’ve already happened. It didn’t.

Someone on the BoT just became a power player, forced Richt out for free, and brought back his/her guy.

And all of a sudden you wish the board of trustees would drag their feet on **** and be more methodical?

Give me a break. You’re *****ing just to *****.

Does Burger King ask its customers to pay for a new restaurant manager?

Does Royal Caribbean ask its customers to pay for a new marketing executive?

So why should Miami fans pay for a coach?

They’ll make money like any other business - by putting a great product on the field.

We don’t owe Miami ****. If Burger King doesn’t have a store near me, I can eat McDonalds. If Royal Caribbean sucks, I can take a Carnival Cruise.

And if Miami’s product sucks, I can root for another team. We have 2 other major schools in state, plenty out of state, and we have the Dolphins. Not to mention the Heat, and other sports franchises.

Loyalty means giving up power for free. **** that. Miami needs to compete and earn my dollars.

Advertisement
Does Burger King ask its customers to pay for a new restaurant manager?

Does Royal Caribbean ask its customers to pay for a new marketing executive?

So why should Miami fans pay for a coach?

They’ll make money like any other business - by putting a great product on the field.

We don’t owe Miami ****. If Burger King doesn’t have a store near me, I can eat McDonalds. If Royal Caribbean sucks, I can take a Carnival Cruise.

And if Miami’s product sucks, I can root for another team. We have 2 other major schools in state, plenty out of state, and we have the Dolphins. Not to mention the Heat, and other sports franchises.

Loyalty means giving up power for free. **** that. Miami needs to compete and earn my dollars.

Go buy a ******* whopper to coach the team.

If you want Saban than do what Alabama fans do fans do and throw so much money and gifts at him that his salary which is contractually “the highest paid coach in college football +$1” probably barely covers his income taxes

Really, we should have expected this.
Wrong. Because we were given a gift when Richt retired. Like being given a brand new pair of boxers for Xmas putting them on and taking a massive dump in them 5 minutes later. Now you gotta go grab the old ones with jid stains and 3 year old skid marks scattered across the back and put em back on.

Advertisement
You need to live in the world as it exists in its current state; if we could go back in time and rebuild **** from the beginning that **** would’ve already happened. It didn’t.

Someone on the BoT just became a power player, forced Richt out for free, and brought back his/her guy.

And all of a sudden you wish the board of trustees would drag their feet on **** and be more methodical?

Give me a break. You’re *****ing just to *****.

I am *****ing cause the Admin/BOT are ******* lazy as usual. Hire an overrated DC that just left(dont blame him) cause why. Too lazy to call agents and see who might be interested in the job maybe more qualified. I would have rather had Babers and I didnt want that guy at all.

I am *****ing cause the Admin/BOT are ******* lazy as usual. Hire an overrated DC that just left(dont blame him) cause why. Too lazy to call agents and see who might be interested in the job maybe more qualified. I would have rather had Babers and I didnt want that guy at all.
The last two search committees nailed it. The Golden and Richt contracts were homeruns.

We should definitely stick with that formulaic burocratic approach. The more the eyes/ears, the better.

The last two search committees nailed it. The Golden and Richt contracts were homeruns.

We should definitely stick with that formulaic burocratic approach. The more the eyes/ears, the better.

and the coker(start of the downfall) and shannon(got us on probation and pretty much hated by all the FL high schools) worked out great

and the coker(start of the downfall) and shannon(got us on probation and pretty much hated by all the FL high schools) worked out great

Those were both terrible hires after a search committee.

“Arrrrgggghhhh do it the way we’ve always done it!!!!” The old man screamed from the back as progress passed him by.

Advertisement
Back