7-4 Recruiting Chatter

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
-Miami has one RB committed in Joe Yearby and are also trying to flip his teammate Dalvin Cook, who is committed to Florida. Although Cook reiterates that he is a strong commit to Florida, after speaking with someone close to the situation I’m beginning to expect him to flip in the future. This person told me that Dalvin’s parents aren’t pushing for any school in particular, however his mother is stressing to him how Miami would be a perfect fit for him with his brother DeAndre Burnett ('Canes basketball freshman). This person also told me that he does expect Cook to end up inking with the ‘Canes, but doesn't necessarily expect him to switch soon.

-After the past couple weeks, Miami now seems to be in very good shape for Dwyer Receiver Johnnie Dixon. Dixon has been in constant contact with the staff and has visited multiple times. Another factor that does help is the belief that UF has fallen out of the race for Dixon. About a month ago, Dixon told me he was very excited for Friday Night Lights in Gainesville,FL. Now, he is not sure if he will even go. Dixon is a very speedy receiver who can help take the Hurricanes passing attack to the next level.

-With Booker T. CB Nigel Bethel’s decision looming soon, I figured we would give some insight to the announcement. When I asked his teammate, 2016 RB Mark Walton, where he thought he would end up this is what he told me: “We just talked today about that and The U came out his mouth first. He is loving what he hearing from the coaches lately so I won’t be surprised if he stays home.” One thing to remember is that Bethel will still take visits following his commitment, but it looks like Miami is in very good shape. Another one of Bethel's teammates, Demetrius Jackson (Miami commit) told CanesInSight's Peter Ariz that he believes Bethel will pick Miami as well.

-With yesterday's commitment of Travonte Valentine, Miami now has three defensive tackles locked up in the class with room for a few more. While most would want to flip Anthony Moten or Khairi Clark, the staff is looking at some other prospects as well. DT Adam Torres is someone to keep a very close eye on as he is being actively recruited. Another name to look for is Claude Pelon. Pelon is a JUCO DT who has offers from Arizona, Baylor, K-State and USC. USC and Miami are two teams that are high on the list for Pelon, with Miami being there because he has family in Florida.

Advertisement
93.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone wants to hate on Ice & Luke, but I look it as this.

MNW - Jojo, Smith, Mayes
BTW - Thomas, Harris, Bethel, Jackson.

3 commits on the list and high interest from 4 other prospects. 6/7 or 7/7 out of the two of the best miami high schools is pretty **** good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Glory is right. On NSD that wasn't a dream it would've been a dumb *** fantasy. Now it's very likely that we end up with alot of those studs.

Advertisement
Back