Jameis Winston calls Miami Hurricanes the ‘little brother'

Bryden1207

Redshirt Freshman
http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/jameis-winston-miami-hurricanes-little-brother/209173

http://youtu.be/BsjxfMtV1V8

"Florida State and Miami are both undefeated entering Saturday’s game between the teams in Tallahassee, but there’s no doubt who’s expected to win. The Seminoles are favored by 21 points, which is the largest spread for two top-10 teams meeting this late in the year since 1980, per pregame.com. But Jameis Winston, who has been one of the best players in college football this season, may have given the ‘Canes some unintentional motivation.

Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday ahead of the big game, Winston was asked about the rivalry between the schools and called Miami Florida State’s “little brother.”

“It’s more of like a brotherly game,” Winston said of the game. “Miami is obviously down south and it’s a big rivalry. But it’s like we’re going to be in the backyard playing against each other and we want to beat our brother. They want to beat a big brother and we want to beat a little brother. It’s still a friendly competition.”
Hold up a second, Jameis. You guys may have won the last three meetings and six of the last eight, but don’t forget who has the upper hand in this series. And that is the Hurricanes. Miami leads all time 31-26 and has five national championships compared to FSU’s two.

You may be the better team this year and lately, but you couldn’t be more wrong calling Miami a little brother. Maybe the Canes will see his comments and use them as motivation for the game. Or maybe the football gods will just have to send another wide left or wide right to balance things out

Saturday can't come any sooner

Advertisement
Every time I see him, I want to puch him in the face a little more than the time before. We comin.... :stormwarning:
748.gif

Advertisement
This makes me incredibly happy. If our team wasn't already pumped....which I highly doubt...this being in their locker at practice tomorrow will surely help.

This makes me incredibly happy. If our team wasn't already pumped....which I highly doubt...this being in their locker at practice tomorrow will surely help.

This **** mean nothing to these kids like it used to...they will take care of business

This **** mean nothing to these kids like it used to...they will take care of business

It might not be as intense as it used to be. But NO ONE likes to be called little brother by their opponent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Quote is wrong, just saw this posted on facebook. Doesnt say anything about beating the little brother. Kid was actually very respectful of the rivalry and its intensity. Just ****** reporting looking for material.

Advertisement
Wrong quote, wrong post headline.....he never called canes "little brother", quite the contrary, watch it again and listen, he said "if they wanna be the big brother, we wanna be the little brother, its still a friendly competition"

It might not be as intense as it used to be. But NO ONE likes to be called little brother by their opponent.

Lack of respect, needs to learn a lesson, will make a better player in the future, Go CANES

Advertisement
Back