Jameis Winston

Cincycane

Redshirt Freshman
Watching the FSWho vs B.C game I noticed that the way we play defense might be the right formula to beat FSWho. I noticed that he will eat you alive with man when blitzing but if we can get pressure with our front four or even cause confusion we can rattled him. I hope we see a lot of blitzing fronts then change into zones because he has trouble reading it. Now their next challenge was Clemson but their issue was they keep blitzing their LB's and spying with the other on Winston, so he was able to destroy them. It seem liked every play Clemson tried bring pressure with a blitzes he tore them apart. When Clemson didn't blitz Winston was like a chicken with his head cut off at times(which were very few) but I think we have the right stuff. I think we can get them off the field because while everyone thinks this offense is unstoppable they need to do more resource they have flaws like every other team, some D-Coordinators are just set in their ways by blitzing because that's what their known for ( Clemson's Venables) hint hint...Winston does throw a good ball but he makes mistakes like any quarterback when they don't like what they see and try to force something... If we as fans and coaches do our research you would not be too worried about the defense versus them offense and if we get destroyed because he(Winston) can pick our zone apart I will eat my crow for this but I'm very confident he won't. Please hope our Offense come to play....Go Canes!!!!:neonu:

Last edited:
Advertisement
The thing that makes Jemima such a great QB is that he throws perfect passes with pass rushers right in his face. You almost never see that from QBs. He's an incredibly accurate passer, and he often does it with defenders closing in on him or already on him.

Winston has been great against the blitz I think dropping 7 and making him dink and dunk or try to read the defense is our best bet. He will hopefully get frustrated and try to force it.

I'm more worried that I can not really figure out what you are trying to say. What is up with the formatting and grammatical errors?!? I think I had an idea of what you are trying to say and If I am correct I think your logic is somewhat flawed in using the preconceived notion that we can get sustained pressure only rushing our front four. From which game this year are you using as a reference for this leap of faith. We will have to bring more than 4 people to rattle Winston, Period.

Advertisement
The thing that makes Jemima such a great QB is that he throws perfect passes with pass rushers right in his face. You almost never see that from QBs. He's an incredibly accurate passer, and he often does it with defenders closing in on him or already on him.

If you watch though only when getting blitzed if not he looks a little shaky and takes off or makes a bad decision throwing.. Please watch first half against Clemson on youtube.

I'm more worried that I can not really figure out what you are trying to say. What is up with the formatting and grammatical errors?!? I think I had an idea of what you are trying to say and If I am correct I think your logic is somewhat flawed in using the preconceived notion that we can get sustained pressure only rushing our front four. From which game this year are you using as a reference for this leap of faith. We will have to bring more than 4 people to rattle Winston, Period.

And if we do he picks us apart...

Winston has been great against the blitz I think dropping 7 and making him dink and dunk or try to read the defense is our best bet. He will hopefully get frustrated and try to force it.

Agree with this and hope we can get them into some 3 and longs so McCord and Muhhamad can hopefully get after him. We have to be careful to not let him kill us with his legs either. It's a tough match-up no doubt, but we need to try and limit Green and hope we can get enough stops.

Advertisement
Obviously...thus the dilemma. I think we will get after him but I also think we will disguise alot of 5 or 6 man front showing blitz and rotate out of it at the snap to try to confuse him into making a bad mistake. Basically its not going to be a simple as Blitz alot or drop everyone back into coverage. We will have to mask alot of our coverages and when we bring in the pass rush package....THEY HAVE TO GET TO HIM.

And if we do he picks us apart...

Every qb will look shaky if you bring him enough heat. ****, even manning and Brady get rattled if they feel heat.

I don't think blitzing everyone is the answer neither is dropping 8 and giving him all day to throw. Disguised coverages and blitzing from not visible places will make it hard on the young freshman

Agree with this and hope we can get them into some 3 and longs so McCord and Muhhamad can hopefully get after him. We have to be careful to not let him kill us with his legs either. It's a tough match-up no doubt, but we need to try and limit Green and hope we can get enough stops.

Bingo..That's all I'm saying.

I'm not sure how accurate he is. He does stand in there well, but his recievers are great with the ball in the air...I've seen Benjamin and Greene make some crazy catches. That's largly why I don't think we can go man. He'll throw it up and those guys will make plays. I really think you'll see us give up the short stuff and make him go the length of the field.

Advertisement
Every qb will look shaky if you bring him enough heat. ****, even manning and Brady get rattled if they feel heat.

I don't think blitzing everyone is the answer neither is dropping 8 and giving him all day to throw. Disguised coverages and blitzing from not visible places will make it hard on the young freshman

If you watch Clemson game they tried blitzing but they did it almost every play. that's a no-no.

I'm not sure how accurate he is. He does stand in there well, but his recievers are great with the ball in the air...I've seen Benjamin and Greene make some crazy catches. That's largly why I don't think we can go man. He'll throw it up and those guys will make plays. I really think you'll see us give up the short stuff and make him go the length of the field.

yes sir

If you watch Clemson game they tried blitzing but they did it almost every play. that's a no-no.

Well timed/executed blitzes work much better than predictable/often ones. If Winston knows it's going to be a blitz every other down, let's say, the coaches and he can prepare for it more effectively. We will not do that.

Advertisement

Absolutly, and if you watch that first TD to Benjamin, the guy was covered....he had two guys all over him and made a sick catch. They have great recievers....stop the run, give up the short routes and force him to be patient. And when he get's inpatient and throws it up our safeties need to make plays.

Absolutly, and if you watch that first TD to Benjamin, the guy was covered....he had two guys all over him and made a sick catch. They have great recievers....stop the run, give up the short routes and force him to be patient.

Just hope our corners break it up and they will win some and lose but hopefully not big plays.

Bc was able to put pressure on winston in the 1st half that helped keep them in it. Bethune cookman got pressure on him early and he started 10/19 and didn't have big numbers.

Advertisement
Back