CanesFest 2013

eliteproxy

Junior
I was at CanesFest today and it was really cool to meet face to face some of these players that we cheer for every weekend.

new things I noticed

- We have allot of white people on the team that I had no idea who they were
- they had the place divided in to 2 sides (Offense and Defense)
- These are kids man, young guys.We watch them playing a grown man's game and assume they are grown man, but end of the day they are college kids who have tremendous talent and they really do play for pride
- Henderson is a very polite kid.
- Coley is a boss! he wasn't kidding with the Swagg hat, he's got it
- Drosett was awesome. Told him i heard he is doing very well this offseason and the fans are very excited and he was genuinely happy about it
- Pat O'Donell was shy, i asked him "aren't you Pat O'Donell" and Dorsette jumped in and said "Best punter in America!"
- The line to see Duke Johnson and Morris were unbelievable. WAY too long and i felt bad for them. I mean I was praying they don't get some wrist injury from signing all those autographs and a mental breakdown from hearing "you better win on Sept 7th"
- Sandland looks exactly how he does in pictures.. you can spot in from across the room.
- Saw FIGATRON! showed him the FIGATRON picture i made and he loved it! he said "I was wondering who made that!"
- Deon Bush looks small... so did Tracy Howard. I am not saying small in comparison to other players at his position in college, its just I wasn't expecting them to be that small. (Maybe I got fat)
- The O-line looks like the real deal. They are not just big fat bodies laying around. Linder specially looks like he is ready to ***** slap d-lineman
- Sonny Odogwu.. LOL.. I am sorry for this but after asking him how he likes Miami and how much fans can't wait to see him play I told him to keep eatin Iron and Rats. LOL he was very confused but laughed.
- Chickalo had all the white mothers in line to see him.
- I saw Tim Raynolds.. funny guy!
- Told Malcolm Lewis that I am sure you heard it allot but Miami fans are very excited to have you back and you may not know all of the fans but every one of us felt the pain when you got hurt and we all felt the joy to see you on the field on TV. (his mom was there smiling ear to ear)

- as much as I tried very hard, I could not locate Peter Ariz. I even asked some people and they all told me "there is noone one the team with that name"
- Giselle Espinales looked better in person...Tim Raynolds did not

- here are some pictures I stole from Griselle's twitter feed

- these guys look like fighters and we need to support them. get to games!!! if its a ticket price thing.. i'll buy you your ticket and you can tailgate with my crew.

- on a side note, my wife now thinks I am a fu_cking weirdo and is very concerned how I know names of so many 18-19 year old boys.

276.jpg

277.jpg

278.jpg

279.jpg

280.jpg

281.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

287.jpg

288.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

30.jpg:large

291.jpg

292.jpg

293.jpg

* I am about 5 beers deep so half the shlt up there may not make any sense but have fun anyways. (and all those pictures are form @gespinales15)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Giselle is smoking hot.

Thanks for the insight. I talked to Dorsett's dad on the plane ride up to UVA game last year. Good guy, very humble about his son. I imagine PD is the same way.

Giselle is smoking hot.

Thanks for the insight. I talked to Dorsett's dad on the plane ride up to UVA game last year. Good guy, very humble about his son. I imagine PD is the same way.

he was man, after meeting him I wanted to murder some of the idiot Miami "fans" that were blasting him after the ND game. He looks strong, he actually looked in better shape then some of the Defensive players so I am going to say he PD is going to have a great year!

Thanks for the info. I wish i was there. I want to go the fau game. Is there tickets left? (Sorry I havent checked?)

Advertisement
Giselle is smoking hot.

he was man, after meeting him I wanted to murder some of the idiot Miami "fans" that were blasting him after the ND game. He looks strong, he actually looked in better shape then some of the Defensive players so I am going to say he PD is going to have a great year!

He will get his. Kid is ripe to break off a 60 yard bomb at any time.

Cot **** it OP. Why did u have to go and get me all pumped up at 3:30 in the morning.

/thanks though. Sounds awesome

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did not think bush looked small for a safety and didn't think Howard looked small at all for a cb.

The thing that struck me as different was how mature the team was this year compared to last seasons CanesFest. The players were roaming around talking and taking pics with everyone. Last year they were all huddled behind the tables together and looked like deer in headlights. This is a different team. They are bigger for sure. These are not last seasons Canes. They are great kids, but there is a edge/confidence/cool that wasn't as obvious at the same time last year. The Oline is HUGE. Duke is a Rock Star. I know the most overused word in the Cane/english language is swag BUT these kid's have IT plus some to spare.

Eliteproxy & Boar thanks for the pics and the color commentary about the event...... Times like these that I wished I lived in South FLA.....

Advertisement
I consider O'Donnell to be a bad man. The jersey is too small, yet he donned no undergarments. Almost as though he does not normally wear such things as a shirt. Indeed, he might fish bare-handed and hunt nude.

Advertisement
Back