Article: Miami leads for QB Kaaya; announcing next month

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
When James Coley made the move from Florida State to Miami a few months ago, his recruiting impact was felt almost immediately. The 40-year old offensive coordinator has made his presence felt in a major way in the search for a quarterback as well. From the looks of things, 2014 QB Brad Kaaya (6’4”, 215) of Chaminade High School in West Hills, California could be that 2nd quarterback the ‘Canes are looking for in this class. Kaaya described how the school from across the country discovered him.

“One of the ways Coach Coley found out about me was through the Under Armour combine with the reports and all that. He (Coley) told me personally that he was looking for a guy 6’3” or over who fit the style of play at Miami and I was one of the guys that met the criteria,” said Kaaya.

Miami was Kaaya’s first offer back in mid-March, which has left an impression on the gunslinger.

“I was constantly talking to Coach Coley before the offer came up and he was telling me that he wanted me to play for him. The offer came and it was a surprise to me, but it’s really good for Miami to be my first offer. It’s a school that I’ve always liked their style of play because it’s really enjoyable to watch on TV. I even remember going back to when I was little, the 2002 Rose Bowl with Dorsey at quarterback. It was just big for me and my family emotionally to get that offer.”

Since then, Coley and Kaaya have been in constant contact.

“Coach Coley reached out to me really early and I’ve gotten a really genuine vibe from both him and Coach Golden. I’m talking to Coach Coley every single day. Everything from him so far has been solid and straightforward.”

There doesn't seem to be much indecision from Kaaya on who leads for his services.

“Miami is without a doubt on top of my list. I’m planning on making a decision in the next month. June is when I want to make the commitment. ASU, UCLA, Stanford, and Oklahoma State are all schools I’ve liked and San Diego State is a school that has offered me and I would be able to see the field early.”

The physically-gifted quarterback from Cali feels like he has all the makings of a great one.

“I feel like I’m the best at making it happen and operating things. That doesn’t just mean being a quarterback and throwing it downfield and making reads, it’s moving the offense down the field, making sure everyone is in the right spot at the right time, making sure everyone’s on the same page, and making checks at the line.”

He plans on camping at Miami next month.

“I want to go June 1st because I heard a lot of big-time guys will be there and I want to bring some guys from my school too.”

**His school uses a multiple offensive system.
**EJ Manuel is a quarterback who Kaaya watches film on.
**Visited Miami last month and also has family in Miami.

Advertisement
I like Kaaya. And I'd still rather have Quinton Flowers than Alin Edouard. I dont think Edouard will be in this class.

Advertisement
I would love to have a QB class of Malik Rosier and Brad Kaaya.

Alin Edouard looks fast and has a good arm, but does not go through his progressions and had only 9 TDs but also had 9 INTs. Those #s are absolutely horrible, I really don't understand how he was offered in the first place. No disrespect to the young man, but he seems like more of an ATH than QB and if his heart is set on QB then he should prob go to a USF, UCF, FIU, or FAU.

I have not given up total hope on Alin Edouard, I would just like to see how much he improves his Sr season before I'm sold that he could actually start at QB here.

We have already had to deal with a QB who was careless with the football in Jafloaty Harris, do not want another.

I know Alin is the local kid, but when have we ever gotten a local QB that has led us to a National Championship?

I believe I read on here that Kaaya only had one INT last season, if so sign him up.

Malik Rosier has prob the best film out of any of the QBs that we have a real shot at, and he is a die hard Cane fan with over 1000 yards rushing with 10+ TDs and over 2000 yards passing with like 20 TDs.

So if I had to pick 2 QBs out of Rosier, Isom, McClendon, Kaaya, and Edouard, who IMO are our best options right now.

I pick #1 Malik Rosier and #2 Brad Kaaya

[video=youtube;eSxmBqhhC78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxmBqhhC78[/video]

[video=youtube;rFZAsGd9qJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZAsGd9qJk[/video]

Advertisement
These kids will not play for 3-4 years. Get them both in here so they can grow and develop.

Advertisement
" He (Coley) told me personally that he was looking for a guy 6'3" or over who fit the style of play at Miami and I was one of the guys that met the criteria,” said Kaaya." - Wonder if Alin winds up in this class, I doubt he does. He seems to be getting the Travis Johnson treatment right now

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to have a QB class of Malik Rosier and Brad Kaaya.

Alin Edouard looks fast and has a good arm, but does not go through his progressions and had only 9 TDs but also had 9 INTs. Those #s are absolutely horrible, I really don't understand how he was offered in the first place. No disrespect to the young man, but he seems like more of an ATH than QB and if his heart is set on QB then he should prob go to a USF, UCF, FIU, or FAU.

I have not given up total hope on Alin Edouard, I would just like to see how much he improves his Sr season before I'm sold that he could actually start at QB here.

We have already had to deal with a QB who was careless with the football in Jafloaty Harris, do not want another.

I know Alin is the local kid, but when have we ever gotten a local QB that has led us to a National Championship?

I believe I read on here that Kaaya only had one INT last season, if so sign him up.

Malik Rosier has prob the best film out of any of the QBs that we have a real shot at, and he is a die hard Cane fan with over 1000 yards rushing with 10+ TDs and over 2000 yards passing with like 20 TDs.

So if I had to pick 2 QBs out of Rosier, Isom, McClendon, Kaaya, and Edouard, who IMO are our best options right now.

I pick #1 Malik Rosier and #2 Brad Kaaya

I like both these kids a lot but I would reverse the orde,r with Kaaya #1 and Rosier #2. Would definitely be an insane QB competition between these 2 and Olsen.

I really like Kaaya's film. As well as Rosier.
Coley has been on those QB's.

Apparently he offered #2 QB in the nation Davis Cornwell. I haven't heard much talk about Cornwell lately.

Advertisement
I really like Kaaya's film. As well as Rosier.
Coley has been on those QB's.

Apparently he offered #2 QB in the nation Davis Cornwell. I haven't heard much talk about Cornwell lately.

He offered Cornwell and Baker but we are longshots for both. Cornwell is a Bama lean

My favorite part of Kaaya's highlights was at the 2:53 mark. Already have 57 points on the board and still flinging it downfield. Love it.

Advertisement
Back