5 star Linebacker enters the portal: USC LB Palaie Gaoteote (now w/ 90% more inevitable whining over LB recruiting)

Advertisement
He can’t be any slower than Flagg. Not saying Flagg is fast, but Palaie certainly looks faster.

They both run 4.95's. We unless we can find a home run LB who's an actual scheme/athleticism fit we should use the last spot on DE/TE/OL in order of importance.

And you're basing this off of his 40yrd speed or GAME speed??
He just looks slow. I don’t even know his 40 time.
But everyone in here has been wrong about one thing or the other. If he’s a beast good for us if he comes. But to me he looks slow.

Advertisement
He just looks slow. I don’t even know his 40 time.
But everyone in here has been wrong about one thing or the other. If he’s a beast good for us if he comes. But to me he looks slow.
Kids a down hill thumper. Might even be best as a stand up edge rusher. But he can get it done in the middle here.

Kids a down hill thumper. Might even be best as a stand up edge rusher. But he can get it done in the middle here.
I don't know how many spots we have left for transfers but this seems like a no-brainer and I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet unless they are out of scholarships and have to wait until the fall for some reason.

I don't know how many spots we have left for transfers but this seems like a no-brainer and I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet unless they are out of scholarships and have to wait until the fall for some reason.
We don't have any spots from 21 left.We already used 1 IC from 22 and whoever else we sign now it's spots we lose from 22 class.

Advertisement
If they can get him to enroll for fall he can be used as a counter towards the 22 class. I believe that’s the only way

I dont see edge rusher. But I’m not as skilled obviously at evaluating dudes. Thumper yes.
But looking at the dudes eve targeted at the position I don’t see the same player. Not gonna fall for the 5 star sht.
I though Johnson was gonna be a beast at end. But he couldn’t even suit up at the position here. Dude lead the country in offers and Kool wanted him.
I have no problem eating crow.
I’m we have a love hate relationship with shaq and he did pretty good here fir 4 years and wasn’t fast and is even in the league.
But we’re talking about taking the next step. If he’s that dude I’m all for it. Just my opinion.

Update from the USC board:

Sources have indicated that linebacker Palaie Gaoteote intends to transfer to Texas at the end of May. Though he still appears on USC's roster, the former five-star prospect entered the NCAA Transfer Portal during the Trojans' 2020 season.

Rumor was, Gaoteote had wanted to go to Ohio State originally, but the Buckeyes were slow playing him in order to land Henry To’to from Tennessee instead. Ironically, To’to appeared to be leaning toward going to Alabama, but has been thwarted by an SEC intra-transfer rule which would require him to sit out next season.

Update from the USC board:

Sources have indicated that linebacker Palaie Gaoteote intends to transfer to Texas at the end of May. Though he still appears on USC's roster, the former five-star prospect entered the NCAA Transfer Portal during the Trojans' 2020 season.

Rumor was, Gaoteote had wanted to go to Ohio State originally, but the Buckeyes were slow playing him in order to land Henry To’to from Tennessee instead. Ironically, To’to appeared to be leaning toward going to Alabama, but has been thwarted by an SEC intra-transfer rule which would require him to sit out next season.
So did To’To sign yet?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its okay for people not to like certain linebackers but just put up which linebackers that we have on our team that you think are better.
Keontra is going to be awesome.. as is our striker position with Gil and Chase Smith.. MLB though.. you are right about that.

Advertisement
Back