5 star Linebacker enters the portal: USC LB Palaie Gaoteote (now w/ 90% more inevitable whining over LB recruiting)

Advertisement

Ohio State junior LB Palaie Gaoteote has yet to be fully cleared for competition by the NCAA.​

Gaoteote (6'2/250), who originally decided to transfer to Texas before arriving in Columbus, was a participant in Wednesday's practice. But both he and the Buckeyes are still waiting for an answer from the NCAA regarding his eligibility to play in games this season. “I think it’s another week or so before we can really get an answer on it,” HC Ryan Day said on Wednesday. “That puts us in a pinch. He’s certainly gonna get reps, but to put him with the ones or twos right now, I don’t think that makes sense because we don’t know if he’s gonna be eligible or not.”

Advertisement

Ohio State junior LB Palaie Gaoteote has yet to be fully cleared for competition by the NCAA.​

Gaoteote (6'2/250), who originally decided to transfer to Texas before arriving in Columbus, was a participant in Wednesday's practice. But both he and the Buckeyes are still waiting for an answer from the NCAA regarding his eligibility to play in games this season. “I think it’s another week or so before we can really get an answer on it,” HC Ryan Day said on Wednesday. “That puts us in a pinch. He’s certainly gonna get reps, but to put him with the ones or twos right now, I don’t think that makes sense because we don’t know if he’s gonna be eligible or not.”
Wow pretty much instant starter for them if eligible but not good enough for Diaz!! Crazy!!

Wow pretty much instant starter for them if eligible but not good enough for Diaz!! Crazy!!
lol your comment sums up the bad of CIS, a simple report that he might not be eligible and the coach saying "he will certainly get reps" and you somehow glean from that "pretty much an instant starter" You know who is also likely to get reps for us? Ryan Ragone, would you call him an instant starter if Manny said the same thing?

Where did you read that?

Also they started a LB last year who's like a slower version of Ragu, fwiw.
It didn’t say that but if he ballin and gets put with the ones, which they think he will he could win the spot. Notice I did not say he is a guaranteed starter though.

Advertisement
lol your comment sums up the bad of CIS, a simple report that he might not be eligible and the coach saying "he will certainly get reps" and you somehow glean from that "pretty much an instant starter" You know who is also likely to get reps for us? Ryan Ragone, would you call him an instant starter if Manny said the same thing?
Calm down my guy. I did not say he was a lock to start. But the coaches like him and said he was ballin but need to see him with the ones. If he does same there he starting is what I’m saying

Calm down my guy. I did not say he was a lock to start. But the coaches like him and said he was ballin but need to see him with the ones. If he does same there he starting is what I’m saying
Question, in your mind what is the difference between "lock to start" and "instant starter"

Also where did the coach's say he was ballin? Of course they "like" him, they took him as a transfer.... but at no point did they say they need to see him with the ones, all they said is he was in line to get reps and that it wouldn't make sense to put him in the rotation until they know if he is going to play. He may very well end up starting, but you are grossly over embellishing the quote.

The point of posting the quote is we were rumored to be connected with this recruit at a position of need, he now may be ineligible, the dude was a 2018 recruit, he may very well be gone this year, if he is ineligible, then are you going to admit it was smart of Diaz to not take a kid for a year who cant play then at BEST gets a shot in 2 years to only play 1?

Advertisement
When is the last time Manny recruited a blue chip linebacker? High school OR portal?

Meanwhile our LB play last year was **** awful, and our LB’s looked like a steaming pile of donkey **** during the Spring Game.

And what does Diaz do? Hires a GA from Texas and promotes Patke.

I don’t get it, man.

Diaz making good moves everywhere else but dude has got some obvious fatal flaws….linebacker might be what does Manny in.

Did he hire an elite LB coach? No, we got Patke and Ish the GA.

Did he sign blue chips? No LB commits but one undersize 3-star from Texas

Did he get a stud from the portals? No, he let Henry Tutu and others go by the wayside.

I just don’t get it man SMH

Advertisement
When is the last time Manny recruited a blue chip linebacker? High school OR portal?

Meanwhile our LB play last year was **** awful, and our LB’s looked like a steaming pile of donkey **** during the Spring Game.

And what does Diaz do? Hires a GA from Texas and promotes Patke.

I don’t get it, man.

Diaz making good moves everywhere else but dude has got some obvious fatal flaws….linebacker might be what does Manny in.

Did he hire an elite LB coach? No, we got Patke and Ish the GA.

Did he sign blue chips? No LB commits but one undersize 3-star from Texas

Did he get a stud from the portals? No, he let Henry Tutu and others go by the wayside.

I just don’t get it man SMH
Not entirely true. Hired a great LB coach but had him stolen away by UCF. Not exactly his fault.

Or maybe he just preferred elsewhere?

Lol he preferred to be “getting reps” at OSU or an instant starter here?

Just like Johnson, Stevenson, and Rambo, guys aren’t transferring unless they are pretty sure they will be starting or getting major playing time.

If Manny was assured there would be no eligibility issues, he probably would be here because Manny would have basically given him the starting job.

Advertisement
Back