Henderson, Porter & Linder to Hold Press Conference Monday

View as article
Stupid for these guys to have a press conference but...

If they hold a press conference to announce their intentions to stay and affirm their commitment to Golden and the Canes...

NOT STUPID.

Advertisement
relax. they aren't going anywhere

then why would they even have a press conference? none are first rounders at moment.... Barkley made sense last year, this doesnt either way.

I'm totally relaxed but either way this is silly, even if they come out to say they are staying, as is if the college football world is on pins and needles about their status outside of core miami fans.

A big photo of Brandon Washington and Tommy Streeter should be the background banner for this presser. It would say it all

Also, will Omar Kelly be there to cover this?
He's still stuttering trying to explain the difference in money between an a 2nd rounder and a 6th rounder.

Has he figured out that players still arent guaranteed their second contracts? Or much less next years contract, with the way the NFL is structured?

then why would they even have a press conference? none are first rounders at moment.... Barkley made sense last year, this doesnt either way.

I'm totally relaxed but either way this is silly, even if they come out to say they are staying, as is if the college football world is on pins and needles about their status outside of core miami fans.

Not the point. You have to have some perspective and understand that the program could use some good PR. This would serve as a vote of confidence for the direction of the program and the job that Al is doing. Wouldn't surprise me if this was encouraged by Golden.

Miami would not hold a press conference for players to say they're leaving, they've never done it before and they're not doing it now. Relax.

Advertisement

Not the point. You have to have some perspective and understand that the program could use some good PR. This would serve as a vote of confidence for the direction of the program and the job that Al is doing. Wouldn't surprise me if this was encouraged by Golden.

I get it, I do PR related work for a living. Im just saying its not going to give that much of a spin, it will get buried with everything else going on.

relax. they aren't goingtheywhere

Right it has nothing to do with the college football world. It has to do with the school and with the big recruiting weekend coming up and off the heels of Muhammad's announcement, Mario's hire, it is more positives for the program and exactly the right time.

Got to stop looking at this as a singular moments.

I get it, I do PR related work for a living. Im just saying its not going to give that much of a spin, it will get buried with everything else going on.

Brick by brick

Everything that has an opportunity for good press needs to be capitalized on at this point. We are not in the position to say "well, no one will care". Gotta try to get ourselves out of this negative light that has seemed to cover us forever.

Advertisement
I'm just hoping that this is a Golden PR move. If he has these guys buying into what's going on here, and they get up at the press conference and all say they are coming back b/c they think this team has something good going on, it can only help recruiting, especially with that sanction crap still out there.

Advertisement
I'm buying the PR set up. Hardly any buzz about them declaring, I mean Linder? Good man, but...A little bada-bing, press conference, SMD scribbling and asking follow ups to everyone else's follow ups, more good news...Goldenmane gets to point to them staying and weathering the storm, as NOA is released, sell recruits on family/unity/we'll-get-through-it-ness. Then again, maybe they're just declaring...last year was a headscratcher if I remember correctly.

I'm buying the PR set up. Hardly any buzz about them declaring, I mean Linder? Good man, but...A little bada-bing, press conference, SMD scribbling and asking follow ups to everyone else's follow ups, more good news...Goldenmane gets to point to them staying and weathering the storm, as NOA is released, sell recruits on family/unity/we'll-get-through-it-ness. Then again, maybe they're just declaring...last year was a headscratcher if I remember correctly.

Smart man.

But Linder is the goods, he will be in the NFL for quite awhile IMO. He stays and next year 2nd/3rd round pick.

I'm buying the PR set up. Hardly any buzz about them declaring, I mean Linder? Good man, but...A little bada-bing, press conference, SMD scribbling and asking follow ups to everyone else's follow ups, more good news...Goldenmane gets to point to them staying and weathering the storm, as NOA is released, sell recruits on family/unity/we'll-get-through-it-ness....

That's what I think will go down. Even the part about Susan asking them if their scared about the sanctions.

Advertisement
A big photo of Brandon Washington and Tommy Streeter should be the background banner for this presser. It would say it all

Also, will Omar Kelly be there to cover this?

Marcus Forston needs to be on that banner, when was he drafted again?

Advertisement
Back