JoshJetson

Recruit
Man It hit me today, I’m really gonna miss watching Jaquan play for the U. He was the anchor to our defense and he prevented many big plays from happening. His leadership is second to none. He is definitely an all time Cane regardless of team success.

Whoever drafts him is getting a Great one.
(Hopefully it’s the Fins)

Advertisement
Man It hit me today, I’m really gonna miss watching Jaquan play for the U. He was the anchor to our defense and he prevented many big plays from happening. His leadership is second to none. He is definitely an all time Cane regardless of team success.

No doubt. He was the eraser on the backend. He will definitely be missed. Made so many huge plays for us the last two years.

eraser.jpg

I loved Jaquan he was here for a lot of crap . he gave us everything he had that said I think hall/bolden are better athletes. they are both bigger also. talent wise I think hall/bolden/carter is better then jj/redwine but of course turning that talent into production is what matters if do that I don't think miss them. I love jj but he isn't ed reed or sean taylor

I thought for sure this was gonna be about Thomas. Rather not hear a word about him until he puts up 150 against the Turds.

Advertisement
Love this thread as Johnson doesn't get enough credit now. I think it's going to take a while (and a great NFL career) for Canes fans to truly appreciate him.

What was the crazy stat about him from high school? He was a captain all four years and the only guy ever to do that, or something along those lines? Sure someone on here knows that better than I do.

I just remember him being a SFL HS legend, but having a relatively quiet career. Even his senior year, he was very, very good. He just didn't have a ton of super flashy plays. But man... if you saw him near the ball, he made the tackle or was in on it.

Dude was super humble, and you heard, especially last year, anecdotes of him stepping up and commanding the locker room. If I recall the FSU game at halftime last season was a big one. Need more guys like him.

To me, Shaq is/needs to be that dude next year.

Love this thread as Johnson doesn't get enough credit now. I think it's going to take a while (and a great NFL career) for Canes fans to truly appreciate him.

What was the crazy stat about him from high school? He was a captain all four years and the only guy ever to do that, or something along those lines? Sure someone on here knows that better than I do.

I just remember him being a SFL HS legend, but having a relatively quiet career. Even his senior year, he was very, very good. He just didn't have a ton of super flashy plays. But man... if you saw him near the ball, he made the tackle or was in on it.

Dude was super humble, and you heard, especially last year, anecdotes of him stepping up and commanding the locker room. If I recall the FSU game at halftime last season was a big one. Need more guys like him.

To me, Shaq is/needs to be that dude next year.

Think it was that he was all dade for four years.. only player to ever do that.

Advertisement

I too am hoping the Fins take him. Big loss to the Canes.

Advertisement
I loved Jaquan he was here for a lot of crap . he gave us everything he had that said I think hall/bolden are better athletes. they are both bigger also. talent wise I think hall/bolden/carter is better then jj/redwine but of course turning that talent into production is what matters if do that I don't think miss them. I love jj but he isn't ed reed or sean taylor

Lol no one is Ed Reed or Sean Taylor.. please stop comparing JJ or anyone to those two. JJ was a beast. Give him his due

Some mock drafts have JJ getting drafted in 27-32 of 1st Round
He needs superior measurables at the combine in order for that to happen - I hope he does, tho. Whoever gets him will be getting a kid with a ****ton on intangibles you just can’t teach.

Advertisement

You right he ain’t Reed or Taylor but he is a really good football player so Hall/Bolden/Carter better step their game up because they have big shoes to fill...

Same. Grew to be on my all time favorite list. 100% true Cane!

I hope he gets drafted to a good team. It would be fun to watch him in the playoffs. Look at deon bush. Hes on the bears and now hes balling and starting.

Advertisement
Back