4-star LB Bissainthe bonding with Aristide, eyeing future visits

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2022 Miami Central (FL) 4-star LB Wesley Bissainthe was out at the Under Armour Miami Camp this past weekend and spoke on how he performed overall at the event.

“I feel like I did pretty good, just another day to get better,” he said.

Of course, Bissainthe has become a major priority for the Miami Hurricanes and head coach Manny Diaz in recent months. The Miami Central star has been recruited personally by Diaz in the past, and Bissainthe is now starting to hear from new UM outside linebackers coach Ishmael Aristide as well.

“Me and Miami have a very close relationship. I like just the consistency with how often they are in touch,” Bissainthe said. “I recently started talking with coach Ishmael. I’m just looking forward to continuing to build a relationship with him.”

Although Aristide has only been on UM’s staff for two weeks, he has already made an impression on Bissainthe.

“Coach Ishmael, that’s my guy, he’s a good dude,” Bissainthe said. “He’s from down here. He’s a pretty cool dude, a pretty funny guy.”

Bissainthe also talked about his overall view of Miami’s defense and says he would be excited to play in that type of scheme.

“I know we have some great new coaches on defense,” Bissainthe said. “Coach (Jon) Patke already told me what type of defense we’re going to run. I’m just looking forward to seeing where I fit in the defense and how I’m going to play.”

In addition to the Miami coaching staff, Bissainthe also says he has a strong relationship with some of the current players at UM as well.

“I played with some of the guys that are already on the team, Romello (Brinson). I know all of them,” Bissainthe said. “They just tell me to take my time and it’s on me whenever I want to [commit].”

Bissainthe currently plans to have a decision in place sometime during his senior year, and he is looking to cut down his list once he gets on a few campuses following the end of the dead period (through May).

“I’m definitely going to drop a top 10 after I take my visits,” Bissainthe said. “I’m going to take a couple visits this spring and summer. I definitely want to drive up there to Miami, get up there to Florida State, West Virginia, and Michigan State.”

The 6’1” 195-pound prospect says the rival Florida State Seminoles are currently pushing hard to land him, and he talked about what has him interested in the FSU program.

“I just have a good relationship with the coaches,” Bissainthe said of FSU. “They make me feel like family, like I’m one of their own, and that stands out to me.”

Aside from getting his recruitment situated, Bissainthe’s main focus this offseason is continuing to improve his game and keep pushing for a third straight state title for the Rockets.

“I feel like I grew on a lot of things (last year) – I played in the box more, going down to the D-Line and playing some end. I’m just looking forward to improving all parts of my game (this offseason) and getting a three-peat.

“Just in all parts of my game, I want to become a totally different player. It’s my last year, so I have to do way more than what I did these past few years.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back