3rd Down %'s

bigsonnyu

Sophomore
As we know, our guys have performed poorly at: Converting on 3rd Down offensively, and Getting off the field on 3rd down defensively!

Anyone have the numbers in both categories for Richt & Diaz respectively??

I have to assume we get better with improved coaching on both the OL and DL fronts; but just wondering where we have the potential to stack up nationally!

#RichtGang!!

Advertisement
It's lost in the midst of the massive Diaz thread but his defense allows 34% third down conversion rate approximately, good for 37th in the nation. You would have to go back to Georgia pre - 2006 to see richt Stats as a play caller

The stats can be found here:
3rd Down Conversion Pct | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com (OFFENSE)
3rd Down Conversion Pct Defense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com (DEFENSE)

Georgia Offense: #119
Miami Offense: #107

Miss. St.: #37
Miami: #66

That's more indicative of schottenheimer right? My phone won't let me check for Georgia while richt was calling plays. Or his days at FSU as those would be more like what we would expect to get here

Yes those are 2015-16 numbers. I'm looking but can't seem to find the stats for 2006 on the NCAA site...

Advertisement
not just about schottenheimer with 3rd downs at georgia. they had grayson lambert at qb. a team with brad kayaa at qb shouldn't be ranked so low in 3rd down pct. a team with grayson lambert should.

richt himself had great offense when he was oc. i find it hard to believe he was ever as bad as they were last year at georgia when he was calling plays.

miami should be much better on 3rd down pct this year on both sides of ball. cutting down on stupid penalties alone will help that. and having competent coaches who get there players to play smart will help.

Advertisement
Back