2024 T.J Capers - LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

1659646566345.gif

Advertisement

6’2/3 230lbs 5-star LB out of Miami, goes to 8A school Columbus

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball

Finished his Sophomore year with 53tcks 5PBU’s 2 sacks 2TFL’s 2FF’s & 1INT

Big physically imposing LB with college level frame already. Plays Sam Backer & is used an Edge rusher but also does a very good job dropping back in coverage zones & Defending RB’s in the flats. Can play as a traditional 4-3 Sam LB or as an 3-4 Jack Rusher. Has 4.6 speed according to Ivins, but plays with good short area burst & explosiveness in pursuit in the backfield.

Visited Miami last year in November, then came back in January, April & just recently back in June for our 7v7 tournament. Top priority prospect for Miami in the 24 class & is being heavily pursued by our staff, Mario, Coach Strong, Coach Sabbath etc are in communication with him regularly. He was even offered & being recruited by Kevin Smith when he was at Ole Miss, so there’s familiarity with several coaches on our staff.

He’s also visited Bama, TAMU, UGA, Michigan, UF & others this offseason & will be visiting Louisville next week.

Is the current #1 ranked LB for the 2024 class, although we’ll have to see if he drops when they update the 24 class rankings because he’s only a 5-star on Rivals, 247 & ESPN have him as a 4-star. Either way, he’s an ELITE talent that will be highly sought after by every major program in the country.

Offers:
Miami, Bama, Oklahoma, TAMU, USC, UGA, LSU, Ole Miss, Tenn, Penn ST, Michigan, Mich ST, UF, FSU, LVille, NC ST & South Carolina

Any relation to Wayne Capers who played at South Miami hs and later UKansas and some years in NFL? This was back late 1970s, early 1980s.

Reactions: ben
Best defensive player in South Florida for 2024. Must get him to stay home. Seen this image earlier today and it reminded me of how LOADED our LB rooms used to be. If we ever wanna get back to that top defense in the country yearly we gotta get guys like Capers etc..
8893E8F0-C152-443E-B298-DEB39C6598EF.jpeg

Advertisement
Great picture
Great picture
I love it. Three of my favorite Canes ever in one pic. We could recruit the top LBs nationally every year and I’m not sure we would ever see a combination as good as the Bermuda Triangle ever again. These 3 guys made teams FEAR playing us.

We need to sign kids like Capers and also top national guys to get back to this!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's a big dude already and not an DL. How is this kid's speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back