Official 2023 WR Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph COMMITS

Jacoby Ford was probably the best South FL WR to go to Clemson & have success.

Most don’t include the Southwest, but if you do Mackensie Alexander would count.

Sammy Watkins & Jayron Kearse from Ft. Myers

Deon Cain & Ray Ray McCloud were from Tampa

Trayvon Mullen had great success at CB Clemson & got drafted high in the 2nd round.

They don’t really recruit South FL too heavy, they signed OT Marcus Tate in the 21 class from Miami & WR Troy Stellato from Gibbons, but when they do recruit FL they usually recruit the Tampa, Ft. Myers, Central & Northern FL regions.

They signed Ajou Ajou from Clearwater in the 2020 class but he’s originally from Canada (similar to Mesidor) & he’s already transferred to USF back in December. Demarkcus Bowman from Lakeland in the 2020 class as well & he transferred to UF. They still have Fred Davis from Jacksonville & Sage Ennis from Tallahassee from the 2020 class.

Ladson transferred to Miami, Chaz Mellusi from Naples transferred to Wisconsin & Kaleb Boateng from FTL transferred to UF, all from the 2019 class. Two of their starting OL’s rom last year Will Putnam from Tampa & Hunter Rayburn from Pensacola (but Rayburn won’t be starting this year because he was ruled medically disqualified & had to retire) & one of their best/starting DT’s Tyler Davis is from Apopka.

But otherwise, they don’t really recruit FL or South FL as much as programs like UGA, Bama, OH ST, etc..
The WR Scott is from the Tampa area and Ray Ray McCloud is from DeLand the same place avante Williams is from.

Advertisement
Dabo won't be able to hold on to Ray Ray and he knows it. You can just feel this one slowly but surely slipping away from him. Mario is an absolute bytch to go up against in this type of situation. I wouldn't want to have to go against Mario for a kid that's from South Florida that Mario wants badly. His current commitment to Clemple means nothing. Mario and staff will continue to chip away and Dabo's hold on Joseph will continue to erode until the inevitable happens and Ray Ray pledges his allegiance to Mario and Miami.
Add to it Uncle Luke is still at Miami Edison an will push the kid to us.

Im not as high on him as everyone else...but ill take an inner city Miami kid all day. I like RW as the slot/gadget guy...but i think we need as much of these quick , slippery guys as we can get...i mean its been years since we have more thaan one on the roster at a time.

Add to it Uncle Luke is still at Miami Edison an will push the kid to us.

Im not as high on him as everyone else...but ill take an inner city Miami kid all day. I like RW as the slot/gadget guy...but i think we need as much of these quick , slippery guys as we can get...i mean its been years since we have more thaan one on the roster at a time.
No doubt. We need to start keeping the Tutu Atwell's at home. That's one player type that South Florida produces in droves and we need to start taking advantage of that.

You said that you are not as high on Joseph as most here. May I ask what it is about his game that gives you pause?

Advertisement
No doubt. We need to start keeping the Tutu Atwell's at home. That's one player type that South Florida produces in droves and we need to start taking advantage of that.

You said that you are not as high on Joseph as most here. May I ask what it is about his game that gives you pause?
Locally I'm just higher on RW, Brandon Innis, Hykeem William's locally.

I want to see what Ray Ray does this year again as well. Not necessarily about his game just the guys I had higher on my board.

Locally I'm just higher on RW, Brandon Innis, Hykeem William's locally.

I want to see what Ray Ray does this year again as well. Not necessarily about his game just the guys I had higher on my board.
I understand that and agree as I am also higher on those players including Jalen Brown who Im just a huge fan of.

I don't see Innis coming here but with our staff you never know and I'll never say never. It just seems like Innis wants to leave the state but we shall see. I'm a little surprised since we were just talking about how we need to start loading up on those South Florida speedy, slippery explosive playmakers, I think Ray Ray Joseph fits that mold to a tee as does Robbie Washington. Are there other South Florida WRs in that mold that you have higher than Joseph and if so who? Not including RW.

I understand that and agree as I am also higher on those players including Jalen Brown who Im just a huge fan of.

I don't see Innis coming here but with our staff you never know and I'll never say never. It just seems like Innis wants to leave the state but we shall see. I'm a little surprised since we were just talking about how we need to start loading up on those South Florida speedy, slippery explosive playmakers, I think Ray Ray Joseph fits that mold to a tee as does Robbie Washington. Are there other South Florida WRs in that mold that you have higher than Joseph and if so who? Not including RW.
Those are the top 2.

But I'm a big fan of William Fowles, and Tyler Williams. Really want Tyler William's in the class

Advertisement

Based on highlight tapes alone... I have Ray Ray over Jalen Brown as a pure receiver. Yea, I know Brown has him on speed but as a route runner, I'm not as high on Brown as others. His tape is nothing but go-routes...like literally he's just running str8 the whole tape lol. Ray Ray skills are more diverse and he's a much better catcher. He's definitely a top 3 wr down here but that's just my opinion. Definitely would be great to have both tho.

Last edited:
Ray Ray is more diverse, polished and impressive to me as well. He has always been top 3 for me from South Florida, based solely on his highlight tapes.

I will say that Jalen Brown’s speed alone can translate to success in college football right now tho. Look at Jameson Williams or a Anthony Schwartz. They both had enough speed to simply run pass people on this level, but their issues with being somewhat one dimensional will impact them in the NFL. On this level Jalen Brown can dominate and if he picks up any improved route running and catching skills then look out forreal. If your one dimension is pure speed, that’s adequate in college.

Tutu was a 5’7” 150lb QB. There are always going to be kids like that who slip through the cracks. For every Tutu, there are going to be 20 guys like him that do nothing.

I thought coaches were taking at least 5 possibly 5 WRs in 2023? If so, then we could literally take all of Washington, Joseph, Brown, H Williams, Innis. At least two of those look like they'll be hard to get, so coaches are gong to need a wide net, regardless. Go after them all, and take the first guys to commit.

Advertisement
Tutu was a 5’7” 150lb QB. There are always going to be kids like that who slip through the cracks. For every Tutu, there are going to be 20 guys like him that do nothing.

Tutu was a CIS favorite. When you have a crowd-sourced favorite like that, you pay attention. Everyone saw he was special. Just like Lamar Jackson. I personally believe you take flyers on guys like that.

Jacoby Ford was probably the best South FL WR to go to Clemson & have success.

Most don’t include the Southwest, but if you do Mackensie Alexander would count.

Sammy Watkins & Jayron Kearse from Ft. Myers

Deon Cain & Ray Ray McCloud were from Tampa

Trayvon Mullen had great success at CB Clemson & got drafted high in the 2nd round.

They don’t really recruit South FL too heavy, they signed OT Marcus Tate in the 21 class from Miami & WR Troy Stellato from Gibbons, but when they do recruit FL they usually recruit the Tampa, Ft. Myers, Central & Northern FL regions.

They signed Ajou Ajou from Clearwater in the 2020 class but he’s originally from Canada (similar to Mesidor) & he’s already transferred to USF back in December. Demarkcus Bowman from Lakeland in the 2020 class as well & he transferred to UF. They still have Fred Davis from Jacksonville & Sage Ennis from Tallahassee from the 2020 class.

Ladson transferred to Miami, Chaz Mellusi from Naples transferred to Wisconsin & Kaleb Boateng from FTL transferred to UF, all from the 2019 class. Two of their starting OL’s rom last year Will Putnam from Tampa & Hunter Rayburn from Pensacola (but Rayburn won’t be starting this year because he was ruled medically disqualified & had to retire) & one of their best/starting DT’s Tyler Davis is from Apopka.

But otherwise, they don’t really recruit FL or South FL as much as programs like UGA, Bama, OH ST, etc..
That was when they were hot and competing for championships. Time to cut their water off.

think USC got the top WR in the class but Joseph is the next best thing. reminds me of Dale Robinson.

Advertisement
Tutu was a CIS favorite. When you have a crowd-sourced favorite like that, you pay attention. Everyone saw he was special. Just like Lamar Jackson. I personally believe you take flyers on guys like that.
And Tu Tu was **** near a s.fla legend from youth levels sort of like a duke johnson, dalvin cook, etc.

When you see that type...you gotta go what the **** and throw out your line. I was pounding the table for him because unlike most other guys...Tu Tu KNEW he would be a wr...not a qb...and his father was an power 5 all conference wr so the traits were there...he played qb most of his career but always also played wr or practiced at the position.

I comped him to Roscoe Parrish and was right.

Advertisement
Back