Official 2023 WR Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph COMMITS

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would be surprised if Mario doesn’t send the whole coaching staff there also.
8BBAEB77-FFDA-458F-8FE5-94CF8650C8AD.gif

Advertisement
Any soflo player go up to Clemson and have success? I can’t think of any in recent memory
Jacoby Ford was probably the best South FL WR to go to Clemson & have success.

Most don’t include the Southwest, but if you do Mackensie Alexander would count.

Sammy Watkins & Jayron Kearse from Ft. Myers

Deon Cain & Ray Ray McCloud were from Tampa

Trayvon Mullen had great success at CB Clemson & got drafted high in the 2nd round.

They don’t really recruit South FL too heavy, they signed OT Marcus Tate in the 21 class from Miami & WR Troy Stellato from Gibbons, but when they do recruit FL they usually recruit the Tampa, Ft. Myers, Central & Northern FL regions.

They signed Ajou Ajou from Clearwater in the 2020 class but he’s originally from Canada (similar to Mesidor) & he’s already transferred to USF back in December. Demarkcus Bowman from Lakeland in the 2020 class as well & he transferred to UF. They still have Fred Davis from Jacksonville & Sage Ennis from Tallahassee from the 2020 class.

Ladson transferred to Miami, Chaz Mellusi from Naples transferred to Wisconsin & Kaleb Boateng from FTL transferred to UF, all from the 2019 class. Two of their starting OL’s rom last year Will Putnam from Tampa & Hunter Rayburn from Pensacola (but Rayburn won’t be starting this year because he was ruled medically disqualified & had to retire) & one of their best/starting DT’s Tyler Davis is from Apopka.

But otherwise, they don’t really recruit FL or South FL as much as programs like UGA, Bama, OH ST, etc..

Most don’t include the Southwest, but if you do Mackensie Alexander would count.

Trayvon Mullen had great success at CB Clemson & got drafted high in the 2nd round.

They don’t really recruit South FL too heavy, they signed OT Marcus Tate in the 21 class from Miami & WR Troy Stellato from Gibbons, but when they do recruit FL they usually recruit the Tampa, Ft. Myers, Central & Northern FL regions.

They signed Ajou Ajou from Clearwater in the 2020 class but he’s originally from Canada (similar to Mesidor) & he’s already transferred to USF back in December. Demarkcus Bowman from Lakeland in the 2020 class as well & he transferred to UF. They still have Fred Davis from Jacksonville & Sage Ennis from Tallahassee from the 2020 class.

Ladson transferred to Miami, Chaz Mellusi from Naples transferred to Wisconsin & Kaleb Boateng from FTL transferred to UF, all from the 2019 class. Two of their starting OL’s rom last year Will Putnam from Tampa & Hunter Rayburn from Pensacola (but Rayburn won’t be starting this year because he was ruled medically disqualified & had to retire) & one of their best/starting DT’s Tyler Davis is from Apopka.

But otherwise, they don’t really recruit FL or South FL as much as programs like UGA, Bama, OH ST, etc..
Clemson recruits a certain type and usually south florida isn't that type. Probably more of a cultural fit thing.

They go to sw fla and drop easier bags where they dont have to fight as hard.

Dabo knows the cesspool down here and comes periodically and ries to sneak guys out of here..just to save face. He got his hooks into Tate early...Stellato is/was an overrated kid but they took him with the sped up 40 time at that camp...and he sort of fits their slot wr role either way. Every last one of the sw fla kids were bagged up going back to Bellamy and Sammy Watkins.
Dabo is smart to come back this year for the wr class though...as guys focus all out on some of the big names he would hone in on a Nat Joseph or an William Fowles type.

Clemson recruits a certain type and usually south florida isn't that type. Probably more of a cultural fit thing.
More of a bag dropping thing...the s.fla type they want would typically cause a bidding war and the other big dogs are usually targeting....easier to head out to ft myers- Bradenton etc and do that without the threat of constant coaches checking in on certain kids and less hanger on types to grease than in s.fla.

Advertisement
They go to sw fla and drop easier bags where they dont have to fight as hard.

Dabo knows the cesspool down here and comes periodically and ries to sneak guys out of here..just to save face. He got his hooks into Tate early...Stellato is/was an overrated kid but they took him with the sped up 40 time at that camp...and he sort of fits their slot wr role either way. Every last one of the sw fla kids were bagged up going back to Bellamy and Sammy Watkins.
Dabo is smart to come back this year for the wr class though...as guys focus all out on some of the big names he would hone in on a Nat Joseph or an William Fowles type.

“Sped up” 40 time haha 😂. Come on man. But you’re right. He knows where he can go. I still can’t believe they pulled a talent like CJ Spiller back in the day. I don’t care, at that time Clemson should not have pulled someone like that.

“Sped up” 40 time haha 😂. Come on man. But you’re right. He knows where he can go. I still can’t believe they pulled a talent like CJ Spiller back in the day. I don’t care, at that time Clemson should not have pulled someone like that.
I was there when the kid ran the 40. He came over an acted like HE wa sshocked of his time when he told a coach standing next to me.

CJ Spiller also was bought, Clemson is strategic with their sh*t. They hone in on a kid and you can kiss it good bye.

Speaking of Tate….that’s a guy I wish would’ve hopped in the portal. Ivins claimed that we close to getting him with the last staff. 🤷‍♂️ If true, you’d think Mario could close quickly if Tate got antsy and hopped in the portal.

Advertisement
I was there when the kid ran the 40. He came over an acted like HE wa sshocked of his time when he told a coach standing next to me.

CJ Spiller also was bought, Clemson is strategic with their sh*t. They hone in on a kid and you can kiss it good bye.

Thought Stellato’s speed is legit, didn’t he finish second to Cavazos as a junior at one of the big camps in a fastest man comp?

Thought Stellato’s speed is legit, didn’t he finish second to Cavazos as a junior at one of the big camps in a fastest man comp?
Yea he could run abit definately not slow or anything. I just remember being there for that initial fast 40 he ran. I think he is a sub 4.5 kid

Its just weird he never ran track at Gibbons i dont think.

Dabo won't be able to hold on to Ray Ray and he knows it. You can just feel this one slowly but surely slipping away from him. Mario is an absolute bytch to go up against in this type of situation. I wouldn't want to have to go against Mario for a kid that's from South Florida that Mario wants badly. His current commitment to Clemple means nothing. Mario and staff will continue to chip away and Dabo's hold on Joseph will continue to erode until the inevitable happens and Ray Ray pledges his allegiance to Mario and Miami.

Advertisement
Back