Official 2023 WR Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph COMMITS

Advertisement
Advertisement
I imagine the only thinking here is that Miami has Restrepo and Brashard Smith in the slot, and they are going after 3 bigger WR’s?

I know you have Innis, Brown, Williams probably top 3 targets in South Florida.

I don't know this for sure, but my educated guess based on conversations is that we're concerned with size. There are several talented bigger guys locally. Reminds me of some of the Elijah Moore discussions four years ago.

So, we are going to pass arguably the two most electric guys in dade (Jackson and Joseph) because they're "too small"? We're STILL making these Onion/Alf Gluten/Mark Richt mistakes?

Bruhh What GIF

Advertisement
Just played him last week.
Electric in a straight line but lacks elite wiggle. (at least in route running he did)
Our long CB's overwhelmed him in coverage. We pressed him all night. One of our CB's pressed him all the way out of bounds.

To be fair, Edison doesn't really do a good job of moving him around.
He needs to be in the slot where he can't be pressed.

I'm interested to see how he compares to Devaughn Mortimer this week.

Last edited:
Electric in a straight line but lacks elite wiggle. (at least in route running he did)
Our long CB's overwhelmed him in coverage. We pressed him all night. One of our CB's pressed him all the way out of bounds.

Sounds like Anthony Schwartz. You cool with us passing on this kid?

Advertisement
Sounds like Anthony Schwartz. You cool with us passing on this kid?
Oh, nah. I still think he's special.
If Edison knew how to use him we would've had some problems. He doesn't belong on the outside though.

Both of our CB's are 6'1" and are good at press, so he never got a legit chance to release and show his speed.
That's why length at CB matters. He couldn't get around our CB's to get the wheels moving vertically.

If you put him in the slot where he can't be pressed, he'd be a real problem.
He strikes me as a strictly vertically threat though, like Dorsett was.
If yall remember, Dorsett was fast as **** but didn't have much wiggle.

He's definitely a take though. He made Miramar look silly on a fake punt 2 weeks ago, and last week made us look silly on a kick-off return.
We told our kicker DON'T KICK TO HIM!!!

How is Edison as a team? How’s their coaching? They have some talented kids.

Advertisement
How is Edison as a team? How’s their coaching? They have some talented kids.
Straight-up Cover-1 on defense...all night. Their DE #8 is a stud. I liked one of their LB's too. They blanketed our WR's most of the night.
On offense a lot of Zone/Read, a QB that can hurt you with his legs, British Mitchell and Ray-Ray are both good WR's.

We held them to 31 yards rushing on 29 carries...and 6-23 for 80yards passing if it wasn't for a 82 yards fake screen they hit on us. They couldn't p!ss a drop before that, so credit to their coaches for pulling that out of the bag...because that ultimately could've been the difference in the game.

Their defense kept them in the game though. It took a blocked field goal for us to win.
Their kids play really hard.

Watch Jayvant Brown spy their QB on the second play...

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Straight-up Cover-1 on defense...all night. Their DE #8 is a stud. I liked one of their LB's too. They blanketed our WR's most of the night.
On offense a lot of Zone/Read, a QB that can hurt you with his legs, British Mitchell and Ray-Ray are both good WR's.

We held them to 31 yards rushing on 29 carries...and 6-23 for 80yards passing if it wasn't for a 82 yards fake screen they hit on us. They couldn't p!ss a drop before that, so credit to their coaches for pulling that out of the bag...because that ultimately could've been the difference in the game.

Their defense kept them in the game though. It took a blocked field goal for us to win.

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Coach, I hope you're telling him how he could be in our 2 deep right now....

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Hopefully Miami locks brown for next year.that kid looks like a baller

Advertisement
Back