Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2023 DL Rueben Bain Jr. out of Miami Central (FL) was on campus in Coral Gables twice already this month, once last Sunday and once for the underclassman cookout.

“The cookout was great. It was nice meeting all the staff and getting to know them. I got to meet coach (Jess) Simpson, Manny Diaz, coach (Edwin) Pata, coach Ishmael (Aristide) and others. I was actually the first to get there and about one of the last to leave. I walked around with some of the recruits and chilled with them. I also chilled with current players on the team now. I played the games they had out there set up for us.”

Aside from the coaches, Bain also spent time with some Miami freshmen such as Romello Brinson, Kamren Kinchens, Kahlil Brantley, Jake Garcia, and Lawrence Seymore. The group hung out and talked about their high school games against each other, while the coaches were interested in giving Bain an evaluation of his game.

“We talked about my game and what they liked, Bain said of the UM staff. “They were saying that I am a monster on the field and a complete player.”

Bain did not make the trip alone. He was joined by his parents and his defensive line coach from Miami Central.

“They enjoyed it, enjoyed their time, and meeting the coaches. They said the campus was nice.”

Miami and the coaching staff made a point to show off the new freshman dorms to the visitors.

“It was cool, really nice with all the extra things they had on the lower levels.”

The biggest takeaway for Bain was being able to finally spend time in person with the people he has known over the phone for so long.

“Just that in-person feeling and vibe, got to laugh, hug, and everything. Took pictures and really got a good sense of the coaches and who they are in person rather than on the phone or in a Zoom meeting.”

Coach Simpson and coach Pata are the two coaches currently leading the recruitment for Bain and they have made an impression on the Central star.

“Very cool guys. Seem like nice people who I can look up to as role models and leaders.”

Bain did not compete at the camp Sunday while he was on campus since he is nursing an injury. He hopes to be healed by the time Paradise Camp rolls around so he can attend and compete. As for other visits, Bain is looking to visit schools throughout the southeast such as Florida, FSU, UCF, Georgia, and Georgia Tech.

Bain is not ready to release a top group just yet, but he knows Miami is in a good spot at the moment.

“[Miami is] at the top of the list - I don’t know exactly where but somewhere at the top.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
2023 DL Rueben Bain Jr. out of Miami Central (FL) was on campus in Coral Gables twice already this month, once last Sunday and once for the underclassman cookout.

“The cookout was great. It was nice meeting all the staff and getting to know them. I got to meet coach (Jess) Simpson, Manny Diaz, coach (Edwin) Pata, coach Ishmael (Aristide) and others. I was actually the first to get there and about one of the last to leave. I walked around with some of the recruits and chilled with them. I also chilled with current players on the team now. I played the games they had out there set up for us.”

Aside from the coaches, Bain also spent time with some Miami freshmen such as Romello Brinson, Kamren Kinchens, Kahlil Brantley, Jake Garcia, and Lawrence Seymore. The group hung out and talked about their high school games against each other, while the coaches were interested in giving Bain an evaluation of his game.

“We talked about my game and what they liked, Bain said of the UM staff. “They were saying that I am a monster on the field and a complete player.”

Bain did not make the trip alone. He was joined by his parents and his defensive line coach from Miami Central.

“They enjoyed it, enjoyed their time, and meeting the coaches. They said the campus was nice.”

Miami and the coaching staff made a point to show off the new freshman dorms to the visitors.

“It was cool, really nice with all the extra things they had on the lower levels.”

The biggest takeaway for Bain was being able to finally spend time in person with the people he has known over the phone for so long.

“Just that in-person feeling and vibe, got to laugh, hug, and everything. Took pictures and really got a good sense of the coaches and who they are in person rather than on the phone or in a Zoom meeting.”

Coach Simpson and coach Pata are the two coaches currently leading the recruitment for Bain and they have made an impression on the Central star.

“Very cool guys. Seem like nice people who I can look up to as role models and leaders.”

Bain did not compete at the camp Sunday while he was on campus since he is nursing an injury. He hopes to be healed by the time Paradise Camp rolls around so he can attend and compete. As for other visits, Bain is looking to visit schools throughout the southeast such as Florida, FSU, UCF, Georgia, and Georgia Tech.

Bain is not ready to release a top group just yet, but he knows Miami is in a good spot at the moment.

“[Miami is] at the top of the list - I don’t know exactly where but somewhere at the top.”
Any relation to Tolbert??

#NoSunshine
ErZS12jXcAEqAmi.jpg

Advertisement
Sounds like the last name of a classmate of mine his name was Christopher Bain??? We went to Brentwood elementary and Carol City Middle

Watched his film. Has quick get off and good wheels. Considering he'll just be a Junior there is plenty of room for him getting bigger, I don't know his lineage, but from his body type I don't see him getting much taller. I saw one site had him at 6'3" and 247 had him at 6'2". If he gets to 6'3"+ he'll more highly pursued.

Advertisement
Kid wants to be a cane but I think we need to see more from him on the field. He's also undersized right now for any position on the defensive line. Hopefully he will have a big summer!

247 reports he had 38 tackles, 13 sacks and 9 forced fumbles as a Sophomore playing in only 6 games. That's better than our two starting linebackers combines last season. HUDL looks very promising.

Can't call him a tweener. Kid will almost certainly gain an inch or two, if not more. He's already 250 and looks trim. Plenty of time. So I'm going to watch this one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back