Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Do you guys really see him stay at 280? I’d be shocked if he were 300+ by his 3rd year here, probably as soon as his 1st year. Either way, interior or exterior, I think he’ll apply pressure.

I wish y’all would stop this fantasy of keeping Stewart at DE. He’s a future DT. The question isn’t if it’s when.

Advertisement
He’s not a 5 star because he’s built like Jamaal Johnson. Regardless of production, the star ranking is based on pro projection.

I love this kid, and I have for a couple years now, but it’s likely he never sniffs anywhere near a 5 star ranking. Even if he had 50 sacks this upcoming year, still likely a middling 4 star.
You are right but I don't give a **** if they rate him a 3 star. Just get this kid to sign that LOI and I'm good. Excellent prospect who would be a great fit at SDE or as a 3 tech in a 4-3 or as a WDE in a 3-4. Great instincts and short area explosion.

Definitely exaggerated and fudged. How did he have 29 sacks but only 10 made it on his highlight tape?

Kid is an animal regardless.
Just saying.
He said he had 12 sacks in the playoffs alone. If my memory serves me well.

Advertisement
Question for those that follow recruiting: in terms of national interest, where would you fit Bain's expected recruiting compared to Kelly and Stewart from this year?
Quiet. The canes have to f up monumentally in terms of their handling of him to lose out. Other schools will know. I see him committing early and going the distance

What I like most about his highlights are his instincts. He plays to the ball like a pro already. Sets the edge, recognizes the play, then comes down the line or attacks the QB/RB. And no missed tackles. Once he's got a mitt on them, he doesn't let them get away.

I can see why he's not rated a five star. He doesn't have elite first step, doesn't look like Calais or Jaelen. But that's why ratings can be so stupid. Bain is an artist with his hands and arms moving the OL in whatever direction he wants to take them, then knifes through with a lunge move that is really impressive. Most important of all is his off-the-charts production.

Verdict: guy is just a baller and a must get for Mario.
Great assessment. You nailed it with the way you described his hand and arm usage. He lacks the elite first step but he does possess very good short area explosion and like you said, he doesn't miss tackles. Once he gets his hands on you, it's over. The more I watch film on him the more obvious it becomes that we are dealing with an extremely intelligent player who uses his instincts and football IQ to locate the ball then uses his physical attributes like explosion and elite hand usage to get to the ball. Once there he makes the play. The type of production that he has had at the highest level of competition in South Florida cannot be overemphasized. Bain should be a priority for Mario and I'm sure that he will be. Barring something unforseen or completely out of the blue, this kid is all Cane!

What I like most about his highlights are his instincts. He plays to the ball like a pro already. Sets the edge, recognizes the play, then comes down the line or attacks the QB/RB. And no missed tackles. Once he's got a mitt on them, he doesn't let them get away.

I can see why he's not rated a five star. He doesn't have elite first step, doesn't look like Calais or Jaelen. But that's why ratings can be so stupid. Bain is an artist with his hands and arms moving the OL in whatever direction he wants to take them, then knifes through with a lunge move that is really impressive. Most important of all is his off-the-charts production.

Verdict: guy is just a baller and a must get for Mario.
I don’t know why, but I read this in a Mark Dorito voice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lower because of the body type.

What made the class of 22 unique is that you had four guys with first round frames.
Yeah but he is probably more polished and college ready, especially when you combine it with the tenacity with which he plays.

Advertisement
Yeah but he is probably more polished and college ready, especially when you combine it with the tenacity with which he plays.
Agreed, I was only talking about his national profile. We should be all over him and we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back