Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Dominicans take their dominoes serious. The ones I have played with almost exclusively play teams, though. But some of the most savage teams games I've been involved in have been against Dominicans. If two Dominicans show up at your noche buena with their own dominoes, best to just pretend you don't play.
I dont think you seen the Bahamians and Jamaicans get down with dominoes.

Advertisement
MaxPreps also says that Stranahan HS had like 99 sacks this year. "How sway?!"

Coaches are in charge of listing those stats on MaxPreps. And since most schools don't have real statisticians down here, coaches send in exaggerated stats.

Any stats from South Florida teams should be taken with a grain of salt
Wait, serious question.

Nobody keeps official stats in South Florida?

Dam. I remember the days when Marcus Robinson and Forston had 20 sacks a year also. Wonder if those were fake now.

You rang?
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Advertisement
What I like most about his highlights are his instincts. He plays to the ball like a pro already. Sets the edge, recognizes the play, then comes down the line or attacks the QB/RB. And no missed tackles. Once he's got a mitt on them, he doesn't let them get away.

I can see why he's not rated a five star. He doesn't have elite first step, doesn't look like Calais or Jaelen. But that's why ratings can be so stupid. Bain is an artist with his hands and arms moving the OL in whatever direction he wants to take them, then knifes through with a lunge move that is really impressive. Most important of all is his off-the-charts production.

Verdict: guy is just a baller and a must get for Mario.
The angles he takes after getting past the OL makes it look like he's setting the OL up to get a perfect angle. Maybe it's just luck, but man, it looks like he's doing geometry in his head instantly to figure out how to get to the QB the fastest. It's freaking crazy.

Advertisement

Coaches are in charge of listing those stats on MaxPreps. And since most schools don't have real statisticians down here, coaches send in exaggerated stats.

So that's how Flagg tricked Diaz? Got it

They're giving kids sacks for tackling QB's on zone/read. Lol

I know, because my own kid tried to do it.
"Coach I had 4 sacks last night."
Son, those were QB running plays.

I once told a coach his assistant was padding the stats of the players simply because he didnt know the rules. Coach said "I don't care. I want my guys to break all the records here."

Wait, serious question.

Nobody keeps official stats in South Florida?

Dam. I remember the days when Marcus Robinson and Forston had 20 sacks a year also. Wonder if those were fake now.
**** no. Unless your school is fortunate enough to have a statistician, then the stats are usually uploaded on MaxPreps by some position coach.

The media coverage for high school football is really ****** in South Florida. When I was in Bradenton, the stats from every game in our area were always in the newspaper the following day. And they were accurate.

To play devil's advocate, it would be really hard to do that in South Florida. There's too many schools here.

I once told a coach his assistant was padding the stats of the players simply because he didnt know the rules. Coach said "I don't care. I want my guys to break all the records here."
Plenty of coaches do that to make their players look good. It's embarrassing though, when your team sucks. It's like, why even bother? You're telling me Stranahan had 99 sacks this season?! That's like freakin' 8 sacks per game! And I KNOW y'all didn't get any sacks versus Heritage, Gibbons or Chaminade! Like bruh... How did you upload those stats to MaxPreps with a straight face?

I remember my first year as a DC, holding Kevin Grooms to 23 yards on 16 carries, a year after he shredded us for 200+.
Our kids took a lot of pride in that mission.
I open the paper the next day and he's got 132 yards. 😂 Freakin' kids texting me like crazy and ****. "Coach you see this?!"

And these are adults doing this ****. Lol

Advertisement
**** no. Unless your school is fortunate enough to have a statistician, then the stats are usually uploaded on MaxPreps by some position coach.

The media coverage for high school football is really ****** in South Florida. When I was in Bradenton, the stats from every game in our area were always in the newspaper the following day. And they were accurate.

To play devil's advocate, it would be really hard to do that in South Florida. There's too many schools here.
It use to be pretty solid when I was in high school. The stats would go to the herald or sun sentinel right after game.

Now its non existent. Matter of fact that should be a business for someone on the board. I know sta statistician is on here..macho remember when he use to be on here going at us caping for sta.

The coverage of high school football on the mecca of ot for the United states is downright embarrassing. The amount of countless classic high school games that could've been televised through the years its embarrassing.

Even if they picked s game of the week every week and have it on local tv got****. This whole year I've watched a California high school game every Friday...in Florida..on local tv...why?. Even central Florida has bright house or whatever that covers games.

Since last week every state game in texas have also been televised on sfla local tv. I I got**** watch a 6man state game I didnt even know it was a thing. Mean while on 2 week tape delay they may show floridas state games smh

We are stuck with football ville youtune clips and larry blustein

It use to be pretty solid when I was in high school. The stats would go to the herald or sun sentinel right after game.

Now its non existent. Matter of fact that should be a business for someone on the board. I know sta statistician is on here..macho remember when he use to be on here going at us caping for sta.

The coverage of high school football on the mecca of ot for the United states is downright embarrassing. The amount of countless classic high school games that could've been televised through the years its embarrassing.

Even if they picked s game of the week every week and have it on local tv got****. This whole year I've watched a California high school game every Friday...in Florida..on local tv...why?. Even central Florida has bright house or whatever that covers games.

Since last week every state game in texas have also been televised on sfla local tv. I I got**** watch a 6man state game I didnt even know it was a thing. Mean while on 2 week tape delay they may show floridas state games smh

We are stuck with football ville youtune clips and larry blustein
I remember I got banned from the board for a while because I posted his Facebook pictures on here. LOL
I put his name, photos, info and everything on here.

I'm sure he still lurks around. I remember he used to create new screen names and pop up every couple months.

Advertisement
Truth be told, it's oftentimes the people at their own schools. Nobody wants to be involved in doing extra "cool" **** for the kids. Nobody has vision. Nobody cares. (simply)

When I was at Western, my dad was working for the town of Davie. He was the assistant to the head of parks and rec. He had an idea to use Western's huge TV productions department/class to film and live stream the games on the town of Davie's website. He approached the AD and the teacher to pitch his idea. He said it would be a great opportunity for grandparents and relatives to have a chance to watch the games from out of state. Also provides a cool opportunity for the kids in that TV production class to be a part of something cool and extra.

It fell on deaf ears.

When I was coaching at Southeast High School in Bradenton, even our ghetto a$s school had a TV productions class that broadcasted our games every Friday night. We had two announcers in the booth and everything. That's how my parents back here in Broward were able to watch all of my games. Our rivals Manatee HS and Palmetto HS had the same thing.

Any school can make it happen, but people have to pitch in. People down here ain't like that.

Do you guys really see him stay at 280? I’d be shocked if he were 300+ by his 3rd year here, probably as soon as his 1st year. Either way, interior or exterior, I think he’ll apply pressure.

Mario played with Roland smith who’s his high school coach.
Mario may be killing multiple birds with one stone here. I'll admit the Roland Smith would initially appear to be the more likely explanation. However, since I'm all in with the Kevin Bacon path, Briles was King's OC and King tweeted this earlier. Just too many bread crumbs out there if you choose to follow them.

Can confirm. Eons ago my buddies and I would fall the herald sports dept and call in fake scores and fake box scores (with our names of course).

Also, I remember this issue came under fire when Jessie armstead reportedly had 300+ tackles his senior year. Lol

• Love
Reactions: ben
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back