2023 DB Daemon ***an Recaps Cookout

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2023 4-star DB Daemon ***an out of American Heritage Plantation (FL) visited Miami for the underclassman cookout last weekend.

“I got there around 4:30 and checked out the campus. Then we checked-in, talked to the coaches and some former teammates, players that go there now. Really just enjoyed the vibe of Miami. That’s what the whole cookout was.”

Coach Manny Diaz, coach Travaris Robinson, and coach DeMarcus Van Dyke have been the coaches talking to ***an the most throughout the process.

“They are real cool guys. They are like big brothers. Cool, good to talk to, good to hang out with.” ***an continued, “They are definitely the kind of coaches I am looking for. T-Rob is that dude when it comes to getting DB’s drafted and Van Dyke has been [to the NFL] before, so he knows what he’s doing also.”

One moment from the event that stood out to ***an was Miami showing the plan for the future.

“They had a meeting telling us what the changes are gonna be at Miami next season and going forward. Now I’m just waiting for it to happen.”

One aspect of campus the staff was showing off was the new freshmen dorms.

“When I visited before, everything was being built so getting to see it in full was really good. I’ve been inside the dorms and they are real nice, real modern.”

***an checked out Georgia Tech, Georgia, and Clemson over the weekend and will head up to Gainesville and Tallahassee this upcoming weekend. After that, ***an is not locked into any visits but there is one place he plans on seeing again this month.

“Definitely getting back to Miami before the end of June.”

As for where Miami stands, the hometown team has positioned themselves in a good spot early on.

“Miami is definitely around the top 5 right now.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm tired of being the only area college having to bar fighting for top talent in their backyard. We have to win this upcoming season and see where it goes. If it's not winning then it's gotta be the BAG why guys leaving.

Advertisement
T-Rob gotta stay on this kid and he's ours.. that's all he wants the family connection vibes with the staff and recruits so far we're on the right track... Manny and staff finally get it.. let the kids feel around a bit and then reel them in...

Advertisement
Back