2022 DE Nyjalik Kelly receives offer (COMMITS)

That comment as well as the one about NIL and Mom wanting to be at every game were pretty visible nuggets. Think Ivins did that intentionally, showing how high up we are.

Outside of Simpson is there another coach that is connecting really well with his camp? I feel like multiple coaches vibing with him and his family will be necessary.

Ive been stating this kid is a mama's boy ( a good thing)

Keep at the mom and you land him.

I could see mom vibing with DVD, and Hickson. She went to dillard just like Hickson and her son.

Advertisement
I'm greedy. I want Kelly and Stewart to be our next 2 first rounders in the same NFL draft, and this time they actually are on the field together at the same time. Then go out and land Lucas. That kid is just as freaky!

Are we still front runners for Lyons and Tarber? I haven't heard much about our DT recruiting lately. Could you imagine those 5 guys in this class>

I'm greedy. I want Kelly and Stewart to be our next 2 first rounders in the same NFL draft, and this time they actually are on the field together at the same time. Then go out and land Lucas. That kid is just as freaky!

Are we still front runners for Lyons and Tarber? I haven't heard much about our DT recruiting lately. Could you imagine those 5 guys in this class>
Tarber will visit UM and GT when dead period ends last week of July.

Thats the DL class i want right there.

Kelly, Stewart, Lucas, Tarber...one more for cherry on top at the DE spot.

There is a real possibility of landing Kelly, Stewart and Lucas. 3+ summer visits from Stewart/Kelly and Lucas connection has been discussed.

Miami can build a championship (ACC championship first lol) defense with the right recruiting wins this cycle.
This post is golden. Games are won and loss on the line of scrimmage. Pull those 3 and your working towards winning an ACC championship. Start recruiting stars on the offensive line and then you begin working towards winning a national championship.

Advertisement
There was a wise man that was pumping Nyjalik Kelly for 2+ years now named Prop Joe when the world was all about Stewart.

We land Stewart and Kelly the class on the whole is a win for me.....and im buying some stripper a new weave on signing day.
My Man GIF by memecandy

I really think Kelly is going to be the best DE out of this whole class in the end 3 or 4 years from now. No offense to Stewart but for some reason Kelly just seems like a beast.
People might not like this but Marvin Jones Jr. is that guy for me. He has future 1st rounder written all over him. His explosiveness and bend as a high schooler is special.

People might not like this but Marvin Jones Jr. is that guy for me. He has future 1st rounder written all over him. His explosiveness and bend as a high schooler is special.
His bend today could beat college tackles. I can't even hate on the kid like that because deep down I badly wish hed be a Cane even though we know it won't happen

That comment as well as the one about NIL and Mom wanting to be at every game were pretty visible nuggets. Think Ivins did that intentionally, showing how high up we are.

Outside of Simpson is there another coach that is connecting really well with his camp? I feel like multiple coaches vibing with him and his family will be necessary.
It doesn’t surprise me that he’s connecting with the family. Being a HS coach as long as he was I think he comes across truly genuine. It’s one thing to speak about coaching guys in college but leaning on years of experience transitioning players to high level CFB is probably paying off.

Advertisement
I Think we are in a good spot here but does anybody find it odd he hasn’t gone on record saying that he will OV to us?

Advertisement
MJJ is a great prospect but IMO kelly’s got the most unique trait / skill of the three of them (stewart included). Stewart’s got the size frame power overall athlete thing. Jones is explosive and a great prospect. But Kelly’s quickness, lean, balance and slithery burst is rare. If he develops and puts on weight, that’s the thing NFL tackles will struggle with the most. Would not be surprised if he ends up the beat of the group (or the worst if he doesn’t put on size).

I think if we get him and Stewart on board you'll start to see the dominoes fall big time...

Would even be surprised to see Tolan or Zurant circle back around especially Zurant who said his recruitment was still open
Durant was getting him a spot. There's 3 guys ahead of him in no specific order.....Tarbor-Kid from Zona-Lyons.....Zona kid originally from SFla is 1 and Tarbor is 1A. Lyons would be 1B. Durant is beginning of 2nd tier at 2A. DT class will be some two man combo of these 4 guys.

MJJ is a great prospect but IMO kelly’s got the most unique trait / skill of the three of them (stewart included). Stewart’s got the size frame power overall athlete thing. Jones is explosive and a great prospect. But Kelly’s quickness, lean, balance and slithery burst is rare. If he develops and puts on weight, that’s the thing NFL tackles will struggle with the most. Would not be surprised if he ends up the beat of the group (or the worst if he doesn’t put on size).
You may be right in the long run and this is a conversation we can revisit in a couple of years. In my eyes, MJJ is the superior athlete to both of those guys. His fluidity at 6'4 245 - 250lbs is jaw dropping. His ability to bend the corner and get in-line with the QB's hip while pass rushing is something that the others don't have, and will translate to the next level and the NFL. In terms of explosiveness off the LOS, SS and MJJ are neck and neck with NK coming in 3rd. MJJ hand usage is pretty good as well. Out of the 3, MJJ has the most tools in his toolbox.
If I had to rank them: MJJ> SS> NK
All three have extremely high ceilings but MJJ has the highest floor right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are we going for Dante Anderson? Seems like a no brainer take to me.
Realistic targets.....Stewart-Kelly-Anderson in that order. Doubt we have room for 3 DE but if we only take 2 WRs and coaches really love Anderson, which I think they do, then he finds his way in. We don't want another Pat Payton situation...hate that we couldn't find room for him....but looking at the 21 class, hard to see how he gets in.

Yep Ive always said the top 3 elites are Jones, Kelly, Stewart
everything is after them...i just never...ever..ever...ever think of him as a relistic prospect for us

Realistic targets.....Stewart-Kelly-Anderson in that order. Doubt we have room for 3 DE but if we only take 2 WRs and coaches really love Anderson, which I think they do, then he finds his way in. We don't want another Pat Payton situation...hate that we couldn't find room for him....but looking at the 21 class, hard to see how he gets in.
We arent taking 3 wrs brah.

Yep Ive always said the top 3 elites are Jones, Kelly, Stewart
everything is after them...i just never...ever..ever...ever think of him as a relistic prospect for us
I'm with you 1000%. I know MJJ would never come here and I'm engaging in mental *********ion but if coach Simpson was somehow be able to to land Stewart and Jones Jr. We could easily see another Rousseau/Phillips type of situation, Two 1st round DE's. Those two freaks in a Manny Diaz defense would be poetry in motion.

Advertisement
Back