2022 DE Nyjalik Kelly receives offer (COMMITS)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I watched him and Sapp workout last week with the Sack Sensei. He's a local pass rush guru that trains pretty much all of the big name DL prospects in Broward.

I watched this kid bend the edge effortlessly without losing speed at 6'4"+.
He's special.

Advertisement
Per Shodell, he spoke to him today, and although he committed to FSU he is “wide open” and really high on Miami (nothing new). However, he did say he was likely going to wait until signing day to commit. Hope we can get him to flip before that, because I thought things were happening sooner than that

Per Shodell, he spoke to him today, and although he committed to FSU he is “wide open” and really high on Miami (nothing new). However, he did say he was likely going to wait until signing day to commit. Hope we can get him to flip before that, because I thought things were happening sooner than that
If he waits until then he won’t be in the class. Manny saving at least 4-5 spots for the portal

“If Fort Lauderdale Dillard Top247 edge Nyjalik Kelly was ever considered a sleeper, he woke everybody up on Sunday after a monster performance that earned him ‘Alpha Dog’ honors. The Florida State commit was unblockable in 1-on-1’s and absolutely looked the part.

Kelly, who had 21 tackles for loss and 13 sacks as a junior, mentioned that he talked with multiple Miami staffers every day. He had a Zoom meeting with the staff this past Wednesday and noted that they’re set to have another this coming Tuesday.

He mentioned Manny Diaz, Travaris Robinson, Demarcus Van Dyke and Jess Simpson as people he speaks with regularly. Kelly noted that Simpson’s NFL background is a big deal to him. So is the fact that Miami is about to send three guys at his position to the league.

As far as his FSU pledge, Kelly said he was still openly looking around. He didn’t really want to mention any other specific schools involved, but the pass rusher has recently picked up offers from LSU, South Carolina, and Maryland.”

It sounds like we are pushing and he is listening so I say go all out. Disappointed in our lack of traction with the big edge guys thus far considering what our guys are about to do in April but I know it’s early. This one sounds like it can get done though.

Advertisement
“If Fort Lauderdale Dillard Top247 edge Nyjalik Kelly was ever considered a sleeper, he woke everybody up on Sunday after a monster performance that earned him ‘Alpha Dog’ honors. The Florida State commit was unblockable in 1-on-1’s and absolutely looked the part.

Kelly, who had 21 tackles for loss and 13 sacks as a junior, mentioned that he talked with multiple Miami staffers every day. He had a Zoom meeting with the staff this past Wednesday and noted that they’re set to have another this coming Tuesday.

He mentioned Manny Diaz, Travaris Robinson, Demarcus Van Dyke and Jess Simpson as people he speaks with regularly. Kelly noted that Simpson’s NFL background is a big deal to him. So is the fact that Miami is about to send three guys at his position to the league.

As far as his FSU pledge, Kelly said he was still openly looking around. He didn’t really want to mention any other specific schools involved, but the pass rusher has recently picked up offers from LSU, South Carolina, and Maryland.”

It sounds like we are pushing and he is listening so I say go all out. Disappointed in our lack of traction with the big edge guys thus far considering what our guys are about to do in April but I know it’s early. This one sounds like it can get done though.
Noise will probably pick up once the draft happens.

Advertisement
DE- Kelly and Anderson
DT- Lyon, J Johnosn and Cleveland

Anyone refuse?

That would be a good group, but I think we take 6 DL if the right ones want in.

Any comments on Anderson? I know he’s highly-rated, but I’ve heard no firsthand thoughts on his strengths.

DE- Kelly and Anderson
DT- Lyon, J Johnosn and Cleveland

Anyone refuse?

Absolutely not, lol. That is a grade A class with 3 top tier guys in Cleveland, Lyons, and Kelly IMO.

Would love to see some true height/weight on Anderson. Kid is going to need some time and PB and J’s regardless.

This doesn’t make sense I heard on CIS that Manny doesn’t talk to recruits

Advertisement
Back