2022 DE Nyjalik Kelly receives offer (COMMITS)

Advertisement
Just so we’re clear;

Every big time school in Florida is a knock off of us, period.

Everyone jock us. We were the first to come out w/ naming recruiting classes #Swag16. Then every school started doing that chit. While we was not the first school to display TD/Turnover props, we were the first to actually have a cool prop. Now the entire sports world is using chains to celebrate TDs, Homeruns, etc. We were the school coming out of the smoke; now every football team, including NFL teams have smoke. We were the first school to embrace & embody inner city kids & allow them to be themselves. Now every school recruits inner city & promotes them to be themselves.

We’re trend setters. Even in our down period, we’re trend setters, pioneers. I look at what these schools do as a compliment as they still bite our chit.
I also think Brennan Carroll was the first to tweet out the bat signal for a commit

Alabama. Howard brought it to Miami from Alabama in the early 80’s

OK; that’s what I just replied on. Bama fans said Bryant held up the 4 to the heavens to signify they own the 4th. So that makes sense.

Question is, did the players at Bama do it, as well, or just Bear?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have to get this kid. Period. SFL is down across the board this year, so it's absolutely imperative that we do get the elite local kids, since there just simply are not as many this cycle.

Him and Stewart are musts.

I think if we get him and Stewart on board you'll start to see the dominoes fall big time...

Would even be surprised to see Tolan or Zurant circle back around especially Zurant who said his recruitment was still open

There is a real possibility of landing Kelly, Stewart and Lucas. 3+ summer visits from Stewart/Kelly and Lucas connection has been discussed.

Miami can build a championship defense with the right recruiting wins this cycle.
This is what im hoping for. Needa take advantage of our 2 first round DLinemen while its hot

*edit* *phrasing*

Advertisement
There is a real possibility of landing Kelly, Stewart and Lucas. 3+ summer visits from Stewart/Kelly and Lucas connection has been discussed.

Miami can build a championship defense with the right recruiting wins this cycle.
This is the year we build our championship caliber D with guys like Stewart, Kelly, Lucas, Rogers, Fegans, Bissainthe, Graves and then next year, unload the clip for offensive guys. Should all come together right around 2023-2024 for a legit championship run if Garcia or TVD turn into what they look like they will.

I was just ****ing around with the class calculator....I just find it pretty amusing how much **** we're taking for the class rank being what it is today when there is a legitimate chance we finish with a class as close to what we did last year with several less kids. Here is what I put in just for ***** and giggles:

QB - Brown
WR - Horton
WR - Gibson
WR - Ibieta
TE - Skinner
OL - Hood
OL - Agbo
OL - Richardson
DL - Stewart
DL - Kelly
LB - Bissainthe
LB - Medlock
DB - Rogers
DB - Fegans
DB - Graves
DB - Cull

Now, we all know this isn't going to happen exactly. Some of these kids will not be in the class, others will. But this is a 16 man class, and I think it's very reasonable, and would be 255 points, which would have ranked 15th in the country last year. Add another couple kids, you're talking about pushing for a Top 10 class, even though the numbers are small. Just goes to show you how silly it is to go crazy about these things either way this early in the year. A Top 10-12 class is still very much in play.

Advertisement
OK; that’s what I just replied on. Bama fans said Bryant held up the 4 to the heavens to signify they own the 4th. So that makes sense.

Question is, did the players at Bama do it, as well, or just Bear?
The players did it too🤣. Following Bear’s lead of course.

I was just ****ing around with the class calculator....I just find it pretty amusing how much **** we're taking for the class rank being what it is today when there is a legitimate chance we finish with a class as close to what we did last year with several less kids. Here is what I put in just for ***** and giggles:

QB - Brown
WR - Horton
WR - Gibson
WR - Ibieta
TE - Skinner
OL - Hood
OL - Agbo
OL - Richardson
DL - Stewart
DL - Kelly
LB - Bissainthe
LB - Medlock
DB - Rogers
DB - Fegans
DB - Graves
DB - Cull

Now, we all know this isn't going to happen exactly. Some of these kids will not be in the class, others will. But this is a 16 man class, and I think it's very reasonable, and would be 255 points, which would have ranked 15th in the country last year. Add another couple kids, you're talking about pushing for a Top 10 class, even though the numbers are small. Just goes to show you how silly it is to go crazy about these things either way this early in the year. A Top 10-12 class is still very much in play.
Everyone on that list is a reasonable target. I think we can definitely sign a majority of those guys. That would still leave a few spots for late bloomers and guys who got lost in the shuffle. A lot of schools aren't taking a full 25 so that's going to mean a lot of trickle down when places like Bama and Clemson close up shop. I would not be surprised to see us pick up a random 4 star kid late in the recruiting cycle that we haven't heard much about.

According to FSU board he told them he is planning to be at Miami the last week of July and "maybe Ga Tech".
I've been of the mindset that Shemar is UMs most quiet recruiter right now. There's a reason why he was so open about UM and then it got quiet but for just about all the top DLine prospects we're after. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I think he has the leadership to convince other guys to create DLINEU here

Advertisement
Back