2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
Z, you know what Sabans worse nightmare is.....Miami and Texas annually producing 10+ win seasons. His roster is littered with studs from SoFla/FL and Texas. Literally cherry picks exactly who he wants. If we could get Saban out of our backyard just HALF the time do you know how much top end talent would be sitting on our roster right now....oh yeah, Saban will definitely take Skinner with us in mind for "keep away" purposes....
The thing is we're not getting him out of our backyard half the time which is why he is not worried about us. We have to prove it on the field consistently then keep the kids here first before he even has an ounce of fear. Saban, and the rest of CFB, is betting on us underachieving per usual.

Advertisement
So Hank South on Bama board holding a VIP Q&A thread now. Asked about Skinner. Here's what he said:

"I like them better (Bama's chances ) now than earlier in the summer. Don't think it's a done deal or anything. Holding off on a CB pick at this point."

Their insider added: "Billy putting in work here. lol yes sir. We sitting pretty with skinner right now reallll pretty"

Going to assume it's due to his transfer to IMG....

So Hank South on Bama board holding a VIP Q&A thread now. Asked about Skinner. Here's what he said:

"I like them better (Bama's chances ) now than earlier in the summer. Don't think it's a done deal or anything. Holding off on a CB pick at this point."

Their insider added: "Billy putting in work here. lol yes sir. We sitting pretty with skinner right now reallll pretty"

Bama thinks they're getting everybody until its obvious they're not which once again they've earned that arrogance

Advertisement

Pretty easy to be their insider

Advertisement
We got 2 hbacks on the roster. I would rather just pass on the position and use the ic elsewhere if tats the case.

I just want some tri-county flavor in this class...It's foolish to be at the University of Miami and pass on every local kid who is very good but not a superstar. The 2-4 fillers that every non-alabama class has should be from local pipeline imo.

OK Spells and Little and K.Jax elsewhere-- win some lose some...Richardson as well I believe we would have taken his commitment. Graham ehhh I didn't mind him but could live with the pass. Don't expect Jones, Jr. obviously. But wouldn't pass on Allen (especially with A.Will departure), Marshall, Lyons, Tarbor, Weldon.

Will go to the wire on Blissainthe ( I have to think UM but who knows) and Armalia ok...And I have to think Stewart and Kelly to UM but who knows, especially if we lose couple games this year (we are no monster by any means)

And would give a strong look to one of the local backs, Mason, Donaldson, M.Taylor, D.Thomas, Anderson, Mortimer, Lathan, J.Johnson..Can live with McCantos pass because of the success we are having at corner. Can live with no other local WR because I like what we got and next year monster class. Wyche ehhh worth a look, I can live with pass.

And I understand some emphasis on portal...But overall verall I think a couple of these kids should be in this class

Last edited:
I just want some tri-county flavor in this class...It's foolish to be at the University of Miami and pass on every local kid who is very good but not a superstar. The 2-4 fillers that every non-alabama class has should be from local pipeline imo.

OK Spells and Little and K.Jax elsewhere-- win some lose some...Richardson as well I believe we would have taken his commitment. Graham ehhh I didn't mind him but could live with the pass. Don't expect Jones, Jr. obviously. But wouldn't pass on Allen (especially with A.Will departure), Marshall, Lyons, Tarbor, Weldon.

Will go to the wire on Blissainthe ( I have to think UM but who knows) and Armalia ok...And I have to think Stewart and Kelly to UM but who knows, especially if we lose couple games this year (we are no monster by any means)

And would give a strong look to one of the local backs, Mason, Donaldson, M.Taylor, D.Thomas, Anderson, Mortimer, J.Johnson..Can live with McCantos pass because of the success we are having at corner. Can live with no other local WR because I like what we got and next year monster class. Wyche ehhh worth a look, I can live with pass.

And I understand some emphasis on portal...But overall verall I think a couple of these kids should be in this class
Chill. The recruiting cycle is not finished yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree...But they are doing a lot of passing on some pretty good players.
We don’t need pretty good players. We need elite players. Taking pretty good players has us in dog fights with teams we should be blowing out. The talent is S.Florida outside of DLine just ain’t there. We’ll be back in 23 but this class we gotta get out.

We need elite players because our coaching staff hasn’t proven to be elite in development nor gameplanning/scheme/X’s and O’s yet. We stay in dog fights with teams we should be blowing out because of coaching. Our blue chip ratio and star levels are higher than 90% of our opponents each year.

Last edited:
We don’t need pretty good players. We need elite players. Taking pretty good players has us in dog fights with teams we should be blowing out. The talent is S.Florida outside of DLine just ain’t there. We’ll be back in 23 but this class we gotta get out.

All these elite players are knocking down our door huh?

I see a ton of "pretty good players" from the trip country drafted every year

I agree with a lot of what you're saying this year I do... But I believe we are going way overboard with it

No reason to pass on both Tarbor AND Lyons for instance... With no striker in this class and Avantae Williams gone why is A.Allen not being full court pressed right now? He can project at either position... Donaldson was raved on this board and 247 since he was a frosh...Now granted he kinda got caught in tweeter land as he put on weight but not height and outgrew WR...But if you are going to whiff on every TE prospect I sure as **** hope you at least keeping touch...I like a lot of what we are doing though, and last year was a nice class no doubt I ust don't like ignoring locals, especially if missing on top targets (Tolan, don't think K.Wilson is coming, Armelia just giving off bad vibes, etc)

All these elite players are knocking down our door huh?

I see a ton of "pretty good players" from the trip country drafted every year

I agree with a lot of what you're saying this year I do... But I believe we are going way overboard with it

No reason to pass on both Tarbor AND Lyons for instance... With no striker in this class and Avantae Williams gone why is A.Allen not being full court pressed right now? He can project at either position... Donaldson was raved on this board and 247 since he was a frosh...Now granted he kinda got caught in tweeter land as he put on weight but not height and outgrew WR...But if you are going to whiff on every TE prospect I sure as **** hope you at least keeping touch...I like a lot of what we are doing though, and last year was a nice class no doubt I ust don't like ignoring locals, especially if missing on top targets (Tolan, don't think K.Wilson is coming, Armelia just giving off bad vibes, etc)

You watching the kids that are committing?.

We passing on alot of local guys for complete studs...and im the biggest s.fla homer there is...and MAJORLY Bias to Donaldson as he played at the optomist program i coached and iw as the first dude to ever bring him up on this board..(before he even had a um offer)

We have Hodges and signed Brantley last class those 2 are undersize move hback type te's and they all have multiple years of playing time left. Dont think we need to stockpile sub 6'2 te's at a high clip.

I personally would take Alfonzo Allen as a stirker but im bias to him as i coached him. If they landed their main targets in Kamari Wilson or whomever i cant even be mad as a fan.

Advertisement
Back