2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
So David Lake and Gaby were asked for any backstories they had on guys Miami recruited. Here's what Lake said about Skinner:

It really isn't anything crazy. Skinner always had a high level of interest in Miami, but wasn't convinced about the direction of the program under the previous leadership. When the change in leadership occurred, he was interesting in giving the new regime a strong look. The Skinner family always believed in the potential of UM. I do know before he second official visit, Nick Saban called Skinner and said something to the effect of "don't fall for whatever Mario is going to sell you this weekend."

Advertisement
So David Lake and Gaby were asked for any backstories they had on guys Miami recruited. Here's what Lake said about Skinner:

It really isn't anything crazy. Skinner always had a high level of interest in Miami, but wasn't convinced about the direction of the program under the previous leadership. When the change in leadership occurred, he was interesting in giving the new regime a strong look. The Skinner family always believed in the potential of UM. I do know before he second official visit, Nick Saban called Skinner and said something to the effect of "don't fall for whatever Mario is going to sell you this weekend."

That's a cute paraphrase hahaha
It's interesting that he knows exactly Mario's sell.pirch too, since ya know he begin the ascent to dominant linemen out of Alabama.

Saban knew Mario’s recruiting magic

Saban: Jaleel, don't fall for whatever Mario is selling you in Miami
Jaleel: but coach, what about the bs Aflac products you're always selling
Saban: but............wait, what ? That's different 🙄

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back