2022 3⭐ OT Falentha Carswell (Signs w/ Ole Miss)

Lots of potential, but I love this type of reach, if you want to call it that. People talk about his height, which obviously is impressive, but what I really like is his wingspan.

If everything falls the way we hope, and he develops like we want, we’re talking about a guy with long arms, great balance and athleticism (basketball), who will develop his upper body strength, and with his size, arm length, balance and push, keep linemen away from our QBs for extended periods and move them out of the way for our RBs.

The key: he already has size, wingspan, athleticism and balance. The rest we hopefully can develop

Advertisement
Perfect body to mold. Tall athletic and not super fat already. Love this type of get on the Oline. Zion type

I heard it mentioned "Flip" still plans to take his trip out to Oregon? Should we be concerned here?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Obviously a smart and serious kid. Love the fact he wants to major in engineering. I know another poster listed a long list of failed offense linemen over the past 20 years. Quite honestly that is true at every school around the country. Offensive linemen are hard to project. I remember years ago Bo Schembechler made a great point about offensive line recruiting. Out of 3 kids, one will eventually start, one will be no more than a backup, and one will be at best a practice squad player. Whatever you say about Schembechler, Michigan produced offensive linemen.

When Art recruited he tended to lean on what he perceived as kids just like him. Overachievers although somewhat limited in athletic ability. That can only go so far.

This is the type of kid you want to recruit. He has the size and frame where you can put on proper weight and strength. He appears to be very athletic which is essential. Again, the kid wants to major in engineering so he is a bright kid and appears to be disciplined academically. That makes him a character kid, too.

I'm tired of fat kids who maul defensive lineman they have 70 pounds on in high school. That's easy. Limited athleticism exposes them at the college level.

Obviously a smart and serious kid. Love the fact he wants to major in engineering. I know another poster listed a long list of failed offense linemen over the past 20 years. Quite honestly that is true at every school around the country. Offensive linemen are hard to project. I remember years ago Bo Schembechler made a great point about offensive line recruiting. Out of 3 kids, one will eventually start, one will be no more than a backup, and one will be at best a practice squad player. Whatever you say about Schembechler, Michigan produced offensive linemen.

When Art recruited he tended to lean on what he perceived as kids just like him. Overachievers although somewhat limited in athletic ability. That can only go so far.

This is the type of kid you want to recruit. He has the size and frame where you can put on proper weight and strength. He appears to be very athletic which is essential. Again, the kid wants to major in engineering so he is a bright kid and appears to be disciplined academically. That makes him a character kid, too.

I'm tired of fat kids who maul defensive lineman they have 70 pounds on in high school. That's easy. Limited athleticism exposes them at the college level.
Agree with Bo here and that’s why it’s imperative to sign minimum 3 preferably 4 OL every class. Have to throw numbers at the position to give yourself a chance to succeed.

Lots of potential, but I love this type of reach, if you want to call it that. People talk about his height, which obviously is impressive, but what I really like is his wingspan.

If everything falls the way we hope, and he develops like we want, we’re talking about a guy with long arms, great balance and athleticism (basketball), who will develop his upper body strength, and with his size, arm length, balance and push, keep linemen away from our QBs for extended periods and move them out of the way for our RBs.

The key: he already has size, wingspan, athleticism and balance. The rest we hopefully can develop
The OCCC covered it all love this kid , we got the mold of Zion right here
OCCC isn’t it amazing how everyone trashed Zion now it the example of Zion who we seek.

We get these kids whom play the attitude of being lucky to be here and knowing the opportunity is fleeting.

We’ll be just fine in manning up with anybody in the country including BAMA.

OCCC we’re building a formidable front wall 🙌.

GOCANES

Advertisement
I like this kid a lot , after a year in Miami strength and conditioning program, he is going to be a beast.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back