2022 3⭐ OT Falentha Carswell (Signs w/ Ole Miss)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Little background on the school he is at. They have produced some major D-1 talent before. They have won multiple state championships in the state of Georgia. Robert Edwards RB who went to UGA then drafted 1st round is from the school. Takeo Spikes who went to Auburn then was drafted 1st round is from this school. Terrence Edwards a WR that signed with UGA is from this school. Josh Gordy a CB that played in NFL a few seasons from 2010-2015 played at Washington County. Brandon Watts a LB signed with GT played in league from like 2014-2017 was drafted in 7th round. They've also had other players that signed with GT and FSU through the years.

I say all this because it is a rural small high school in Southern Georgia, but it has a rich football history and produces real talent.
Played one of my most memorable/best HS football games in a driving rainstorm at Washington County back in '89, they were in our region/conference (AAA at the time). I went to HS in Augusta (Westside).

From Ivins:

While he has talked about visiting both Oregon and Michigan later this month once the NCAA lifts it's dead period for a week, there's reason to believe that those trips might not happen as things seem to be trending in the right direction for the Hurricanes, who don't currently have an offensive lineman committed in the class of 2022.

From Ivins:

While he has talked about visiting both Oregon and Michigan later this month once the NCAA lifts it's dead period for a week, there's reason to believe that those trips might not happen as things seem to be trending in the right direction for the Hurricanes, who don't currently have an offensive lineman committed in the class of 2022.
Kind of wish he took the trips unless he's just ready to shut it down completely.

Advertisement
Bump, bump... bumpity bump bump!

His fam was NFL 10+ year vet Dwayne Carswell.

lil jon GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

Advertisement
Advertisement
From Gaby on 247:

"My family and me. I feel at home. I'm close to my family and I love it," Carswell told InsideTheU on why he chose Miami.

Justice and the rest of the Hurricanes staff were excited to hear the news from the 6-foot-7, 275-pounder, who becomes their first commit on the offensive line in the Class of 2022.

"Him and the whole staff went crazy," Carswell said. "[Justice said] welcome home."

Carswell officially visited Miami the weekend of June 11 and really impressed Justice and the rest of the Hurricanes staff with his frame.

“The coaches, man, the energy, everybody. It felt like it was home - paradise,” Carswell said following his official visit. “You got to love them. They’re cool. My favorite part of the tour was when they took me into the office and showed me some techniques I need to work on with some stuff I need to change.”

Carswell is considered one of the biggest sleepers in the Peach State after shifting his focus from the hardwood to the gridiron earlier this year. He got it done at the high school level and in AAU basketball as a big man that can move around.

Since making the decision to play football, schools like Oregon, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, NC State, Michigan and others have extended offers to the projected offensive tackle. Alabama, Clemson and Georgia were other programs intrigued by the rising senior.

From Gaby on 247:

"My family and me. I feel at home. I'm close to my family and I love it," Carswell told InsideTheU on why he chose Miami.

Justice and the rest of the Hurricanes staff were excited to hear the news from the 6-foot-7, 275-pounder, who becomes their first commit on the offensive line in the Class of 2022.

"Him and the whole staff went crazy," Carswell said. "[Justice said] welcome home."

Carswell officially visited Miami the weekend of June 11 and really impressed Justice and the rest of the Hurricanes staff with his frame.

“The coaches, man, the energy, everybody. It felt like it was home - paradise,” Carswell said following his official visit. “You got to love them. They’re cool. My favorite part of the tour was when they took me into the office and showed me some techniques I need to work on with some stuff I need to change.”

Carswell is considered one of the biggest sleepers in the Peach State after shifting his focus from the hardwood to the gridiron earlier this year. He got it done at the high school level and in AAU basketball as a big man that can move around.

Since making the decision to play football, schools like Oregon, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, NC State, Michigan and others have extended offers to the projected offensive tackle. Alabama, Clemson and Georgia were other programs intrigued by the rising senior.
I'm not saying it's the same situation but Greg had that similar buildup where yes he was new and raw at the position but schools knew he could be big time and showed it

Advertisement
Back