Malik Curtis 2021 Recruit (Thread Title Edited)

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

5'11/6'0 160lbs ATH from out of Fort Myers, goes to 3A school Bishop Verot.

Was originally at South Fort Myers HS then transferred to Bishop.

Had a good Junior year with 34rec 680yds 8TD's receiving, plus 271yds as a KR & 435yds as a PR, with 5TD's.

He's a great high level return man, versatile electric playmaker on offense, has great 4.4 speed & is a classic take the top off the Defense style WR, reminds me of Travis Benjamin.

No major offers as of yet, Miami is his very first.

Advertisement

5'11/6'0 160lbs ATH from out of Fort Myers, goes to 3A school Bishop Verot.

Was originally at South Fort Myers HS then transferred to Bishop.

Had a good Junior year with 34rec 680yds 8TD's receiving, plus 271yds as a KR & 435yds as a PR, with 5TD's.

He's a great high level return man, versatile electric playmaker on offense, has great 4.4 speed & is a classic take the top off the Defense style WR, reminds me of Travis Benjamin.

No major offers as of yet, Miami is his very first.

This the Bishop Verot in Tallahassee? 😂

Advertisement
Kid has plenty of speed. I like the offer. We need 2-3 of these kind of burners on the roster every year, IMO. These are the kind of kids that become deadly in a fast paced, no huddle, spread attack. Definite necessity. But quick question fellas..
Who the **** was the Safety that chased him down at 2:48? Gah****! Sign his *** up, too!

Advertisement
Kid has plenty of speed. I like the offer. We need 2-3 of these kind of burners on the roster every year, IMO. These are the kind of kids that become deadly in a fast paced, no huddle, spread attack. Definite necessity. But quick question fellas..
Who the **** was the Safety that chased him down at 2:48? Gah****! Sign his *** up, too!

Take Fleming’s place. Unfortunately it puts us a year behind schedule w that type of player

Miami was the first school to offer Curtis a scholarship. That has him very high on the Hurricanes.

"I think Miami is a good school," Curtis told InsideTheU when reached by phone. "It's like a hype school. I think that could be a good fit for me. I'm going to go there for one of their spring practices."

Many might think Curtis should be a wide receiver at the next level given his film, but UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker and area recruiter Jonathan Patke actually think Curtis can be an cornerback in college.

"I'll play anywhere," Curtis explained. "I can be DB. It really doesn't matter to me."

Curtis claims that he has already built a relationship with Baker, Patke and cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph.

"I think they are good coaches," Curtis said. "They talk to me about my family and grades and stuff so they aren't just worried about what I can do on the field. They are also worried about what I can do in the classroom. That shows that they care about their players.

Curtis also holds an early offer from Georgia Southern. Liberty has expressed some interest.

"I'm just trying to make a decision whenever I think it's the right time," Curtis said when asked about a commitment. "Whenever God leads me to the right choice that's when I'm going to make my decision."

Curtis is listed at 5-11, 160 pounds. He ran an 11.13 in the 100-meter dash on Thursday and is hoping to get that time down to 10.8 by the end of the track season.

I know he may not be at the top of the board and if ppl look at just the offers, there might be concerns but this kid has that speed that we use to stockpile. I hope they stay on him and eventually take him. However, seems like they like him more on Defense now. I think he should play offense but either way def get him on special teams. It'll be interesting to see how things play out

Advertisement
Miami was the first school to offer Curtis a scholarship. That has him very high on the Hurricanes.

"I think Miami is a good school," Curtis told InsideTheU when reached by phone. "It's like a hype school. I think that could be a good fit for me. I'm going to go there for one of their spring practices."

Many might think Curtis should be a wide receiver at the next level given his film, but UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker and area recruiter Jonathan Patke actually think Curtis can be an cornerback in college.

"I'll play anywhere," Curtis explained. "I can be DB. It really doesn't matter to me."

Curtis claims that he has already built a relationship with Baker, Patke and cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph.

"I think they are good coaches," Curtis said. "They talk to me about my family and grades and stuff so they aren't just worried about what I can do on the field. They are also worried about what I can do in the classroom. That shows that they care about their players.

Curtis also holds an early offer from Georgia Southern. Liberty has expressed some interest.

"I'm just trying to make a decision whenever I think it's the right time," Curtis said when asked about a commitment. "Whenever God leads me to the right choice that's when I'm going to make my decision."

Curtis is listed at 5-11, 160 pounds. He ran an 11.13 in the 100-meter dash on Thursday and is hoping to get that time down to 10.8 by the end of the track season.

I know he may not be at the top of the board and if ppl look at just the offers, there might be concerns but this kid has that speed that we use to stockpile. I hope they stay on him and eventually take him. However, seems like they like him more on Defense now. I think he should play offense but either way def get him on special teams. It'll be interesting to see how things play out
Blake Baker & Patke think he can be a CB, smh... Leave it up to those two idiots to take a speed demon WR & try to shoehorn him in at CB when he would be way more effective & impactful much quicker at WR & KR/PR.

It's starting to make sense some of the evals & mishaps that get made, Diaz seems to let certain guys have too much input on decisions like this.

Since the Damarius Good recruitment, the staff has been looking high & low to find an athlete with burners that doesn't play CB that they can convert to a CB because they simply can't recruit a regular CB with speed because CB recruiting for us has been like playing scratch off tickets to pay your rent at the last moment lol.

It explains offers like Jamorri Colson & Edric Whitley.

Blake Baker & Patke think he can be a CB, smh... Leave it up to those two idiots to take a speed demon WR & try to shoehorn him in at CB when he would be way more effective & impactful much quicker at WR & KR/PR.

It's starting to make sense some of the evals & mishaps that get made, Diaz seems to let certain guys have too much input on decisions like this.

Since the Damarius Good recruitment, the staff has been looking high & low to find an athlete with burners that doesn't play CB that they can convert to a CB because they simply can't recruit a regular CB with speed because CB recruiting for us has been like playing scratch off tickets to pay your rent at the last moment lol.

Ya just like Alexis at corner (And I think Alexis would be a very good corner too don't get me wrong... he's elite athlete and looks physically strong too). But how do you watch Alexis tape and not say he needs the ball in his hands?

And I agree 1000%...on Curtis. He's not a corner (Alexis could play there, but shouldn't)...Curtis needs physical strength. He's a 1-2 inch taller Travis Benjamin, and is a take right now as a deep threat imo (Prob take Leary over him, but they are close)

It's like they woke up one day (probably after FIU when Jones and Gaiter outran our corners and Knowles on the perimeter all game) Now they want all this speed without use common sense.

Burns, Knowles, etc...There's plenty of speed out there at corner this year.

Kid looks alot faster than 11.13. He glides past defenders!

Advertisement

I agree. What idiot coach looks at this speedster's film and sees CB. Speed is a huge advantage! Did these idiots, especially Baker and Patke, not see the impact speed has for the KC Chiefs! WR Speed is an advantage, not size.

Advertisement
Back