2021 TE Elijah Arroyo Receives Miami Offer, Talks Canes (Commits!)

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2021 Independence (TX) TE Elijah Arroyo received an offer from Miami yesterday and this was a big one for Arroyo.

“It felt great. Almost like a dream come true.”

In the post announcing his offer, Arroyo called Miami his childhood dream school.

“That’s where I’m from. I wanted to go there before I even knew how to spell Miami.”

Most Miami fans who follow recruiting probably weren’t aware of Arroyo before he received his offer, but new offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee has a previous connection with the versatile tight end.

“Coach Lashlee came to my school a couple of times this year when he was at SMU."

Miami offered Arroyo as a tight end, but he is open to playing multiple positions.

“I talked to Coach Field earlier today. I would play anywhere that I am needed.”

Arroyo does not have a visit set up to Miami right now, but that does not mean a visit will not happen.

“I haven’t talked to anybody about visiting Miami yet, but if I get invited to visit, I would definitely go.”

Arroyo doesn’t have a top group of schools right now because he wants to keep all of his options open. He also does not have very many visits set up right now, the only one being a visit to Oklahoma State for their Junior Day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
His recruitment is starting to blow up like the World Trade

Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan, OK State, Penn State, Texas, TAMU and USC have all offered in the last month.

Still a 5.5 3* on Rivals but an 89 overall/4* on 247.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back