sofla free agency thread

Advertisement
Central brings 15 kids in every year and nobody says a word lol. Rocboys

Thats one of the funniest things..Central recruits more than MNW and other public schools and every one is usually moot on it.lol. It was like 5 straight years of qb transfers, and they lived off of north miami and even got a few Flanagan kids over there at times way in Broward.

When you talk about recruiting they are NEVER brought up.

The Devunta Freemans of the world transferred into Central ( he was at Edison)...Both Cooks really were suppose to be Carol City CHiefs but went there because their gma lives by the school

Thats one of the funniest things..Central recruits more than MNW and other public schools and every one is usually moot on it.lol. It was like 5 straight years of qb transfers, and they lived off of north miami and even got a few Flanagan kids over there at times way in Broward.

When you talk about recruiting they are NEVER brought up.

The Devunta Freemans of the world transferred into Central ( he was at Edison)...Both Cooks really were suppose to be Carol City CHiefs but went there because their gma lives by the school
But as soon as a private school does it then it’s unfair lol.

But as soon as a private school does it then it’s unfair lol.
Technically, it’s incredibly unfair. Private schools are offering free tuition (sometimes over $25k a year). Public schools are all free so the only thing they’re offering is a chance to play on a different team. The private schools are essentially paying the kids they recruit.

Technically, it’s incredibly unfair. Private schools are offering free tuition (sometimes over $25k a year). Public schools are all free so the only thing they’re offering is a chance to play on a different team. The private schools are essentially paying the kids they recruit.
Who is it unfair to? It is not unfair for the family and player, which is all that matters since they are the only people living with the decision.

Advertisement
Who is it unfair to? It is not unfair for the family and player, which is all that matters since they are the only people living with the decision.
It’s unfair to the schools that can’t offer compensation to transfers.

Yes it is totally unfair to take an underprivileged kid out of a rough area/horrible school system and put him in a better position.... If you think public school coaches aren't paying for kids than you're not close enough to this lol.

The schools are not people though. They are staffed by people who rotate through. The south Florida public schools that commit the resources to sustained athletic excellence always do well. Flanagan - baseball, Norland - basketball, Central - football.

These players make career based decisions based on college interest. David Vadala transferred from AH to STA for football. Starting MLB of a state champion team, but chance for more college interest at STA. Dylan Rizk transferred from AH to Cardinal Gibbons for football. Santana Fleming transferred from Carol City to AH for football (untimely death of A. Hill his HC). Deshawn Willoughby could have gone from Tru Prep to another private school, but he chose Deerfield to get coached up by the best i.e Coach Macho and the crew. All about what's best for the individual and the family.

As I scrolled through the thread, slight tangent, I've noticed a majority of the transfers are public to public or private to private.

Yes it is totally unfair to take an underprivileged kid out of a rough area/horrible school system and put him in a better position.... If you think public school coaches aren't paying for kids than you're not close enough to this lol.
It’s unfair to the public schools that have to compete against programs who compensate players. Also, if you think public school coaches can afford to pay anybody anything, you’re not close to earth. Public school coaches in Florida literally make around $5,000 to coach. That’s head coaches. Assistants make much less and most don’t get paid anything.

Advertisement
The schools are not people though. They are staffed by people who rotate through. The south Florida public schools that commit the resources to sustained athletic excellence always do well. Flanagan - baseball, Norland - basketball, Central - football.

These players make career based decisions based on college interest. David Vadala transferred from AH to STA for football. Starting MLB of a state champion team, but chance for more college interest at STA. Dylan Rizk transferred from AH to Cardinal Gibbons for football. Santana Fleming transferred from Carol City to AH for football (untimely death of A. Hill his HC). Deshawn Willoughby could have gone from Tru Prep to another private school, but he chose Deerfield to get coached up by the best i.e Coach Macho and the crew. All about what's best for the individual and the family.

As I scrolled through the thread, slight tangent, I've noticed a majority of the transfers are public to public or private to private.
The private school issue is more of a Broward thing. There’s not a lot of private powerhouse programs in Dade. The private schools in Broward raid the local public schools for their best players and offer them free tuitions. At STA, that’s over 15k a year. At American Heritage that’s over 20k a year. Once they get their pick of all the best players, then they get to play against the public programs whom they just raided all the talent from. If you don’t think that certain schools literally being able to compensate players while others not being able to is an unfair advantage, I invite you to start a business that doesn’t pay workers and try to compete against one who does.

It’s unfair to the public schools that have to compete against programs who compensate players. Also, if you think public school coaches can afford to pay anybody anything, you’re not close to earth. Public school coaches in Florida literally make around $5,000 to coach. That’s head coaches. Assistants make much less and most don’t get paid anything.
The FHSAA made it fair when they introduced school choice.

I've coached in both private and public schools. You are not in touch with what goes on down here. Specifically because a lot of assistant coaches are not working in the school system and make more than their HC does lol. You're out of your element here bud.

The private school issue is more of a Broward thing. There’s not a lot of private powerhouse programs in Dade. The private schools in Broward raid the local public schools for their best players and offer them free tuitions. At STA, that’s over 15k a year. At American Heritage that’s over 20k a year. Once they get their pick of all the best players, then they get to play against the public programs whom they just raided all the talent from. If you don’t think that certain schools literally being able to compensate players while others not being able to is an unfair advantage, I invite you to start a business that doesn’t pay workers and try to compete against one who does.
The private schools cannot commit a raid because the public schools do not own the students who play football. The students are not under contract or even in a long term agreement. The students, coaches, admin, teachers live their lives year to year, and if anyone of them feel there is a better option for the next year they can act upon that with their family. Address is irrelevant. Public or private.

Private schools lose players to other schools because they can't pay their coaches all the time. Everglades loses more talent to public than private schools. Private schools grab the bigger name, but the neighboring public schools (Miramar/Flanagan/Carol City) take more in numbers.

These kids are not workers, ****. Workers choose their place of work. The guardians make family decisions for their kids, opting for better education and football. By the way, a scholarship is not "literally being able to compensate players." I do not believe many single mothers would agree with you there. The families still have the same amount of bread in the bank account with a full scholarship. Sometimes have to pay 1-5k yearly, post work study, whereas the public school would have been free.

Last edited:
The private schools cannot commit a raid because the public schools do not own the students who play football. The students are not under contract or even in a long term agreement. The students, coaches, admin, teachers live their lives year to year, and if anyone of them feel there is a better option for the next year they can act upon that with their family. Address is irrelevant. Public or private.

Private schools lose players to other schools because they can't pay their coaches all the time. Everglades loses more talent to public than private schools. Private schools grab the bigger name, but the neighboring public schools (Miramar/Flanagan/Carol City) take more in numbers.

These kids are not workers, ****. Workers choose their place of work. The guardians make family decisions for their kids, opting for better education and football. By the way, a scholarship is not "literally being able to compensate players." I do not believe many single mothers would agree with you there. The families still have the same amount of bread in the bank account with a full scholarship. Sometimes have to pay 1-5k yearly, post work study, whereas the public school would have been free.
Ok whatever. Offering a family a free $25k a year tuition is meaningless and the schools that can offer that have no advantages over the ones who can’t.

Also, the private schools can pay their staff whatever they want. The assistants at St Thomas make way more than any public school head coach and all they have to do is coach football.

Advertisement

Have no clue why Vadala left AH....but chance for more college interest is.....NOT TRUE. When it comes to AH on defense.

They currently have a top 100 Defender in the nation on their defense..and numerous div 1 prospects on d (Little,Spells,***an, The other DE)..and AH may have 5 kids drafted next week to the nfl. If you arent getting college interest at AH....you aint gonna get much different at STA. AH is the top dog next to STA in the county..the same colleges go to both schools.

-Rizk is going to Gibbons who runs Mike Leach OFFENSE in high school...their qbs put up huge numbers every year...and American Heritage Delray isnt close to them in getting kids recruited..thats an upgrade.

-Fleming likely got recruited hard by AH.....and them getting Innis only helped. Kids that are getting recruited already at Carol City really have no need to leave. Might be the first time ive ever hear a Carol City kid leaving for a private school (maybe Pace) let alone 1 in Broward.

This is Willoughby's 3rd transfer.

The privates are at an advantage down here...they recruit up until recently with no consequence AT ALL. Though recruiting always takes place..public schools have had to forfeit games...pay fines, player sit out, etc when caught or turned in.....Privates never had. **** i think they are mad that there is school choice and kids are now able to float around.

Imagine me in high school playing with guys...having a real good program for 3 years...hit sr year and hit a rough patch..and have Chaminade and their students saying ya fell off and building a power house there.....LOADED down with players that were underclassmen at my school or were supposed to play at the school. From like 2001-2005 almost all those chaminade ballers you heard of were supposed to be at MCA.

Matter of fact save a few years...the city of Hollywood schools have never fully bounced back for more than 2 yrs at a time with chaminades insurgence. (Hallandale,Hills,Mcarthur,S.Broward)

The FHSAA made it fair when they introduced school choice.

I've coached in both private and public schools. You are not in touch with what goes on down here. Specifically because a lot of assistant coaches are not working in the school system and make more than their HC does lol. You're out of your element here bud.
At which schools is this?. And it **** sure probably not the public power houses in dade or broward. I lost money coaching..and did it just to volunteer at my old high school
The private schools are breaking off bread and tuition..they have wayyy more at their hand from there booster clubs,alumni support etc. Majority of the admins alone in s.fla public schools dont even support THEIR OWN schools.

Advertisement

Everglades seldom has legit talent. Also what private schools are even near them to raid there guys who likely arent good enough to play at the power house programs. Off head only Kenyatta Jackson i believe is at CHAMINADE which maybe the closest legit private school.

Flanagan and Everglades are the same school. They arent good programs really..any time they were ever good to solid were because of transfers INTO their school.

MIRAMAR may be one of the more better home grown talent public school.

At which schools is this?. And it **** sure probably not the public power houses in dade or broward. I lost money coaching..and did it just to volunteer at my old high school
The private schools are breaking off bread and tuition..they have wayyy more at their hand from there booster clubs,alumni support etc. Majority of the admins alone in s.fla public schools dont even support THEIR OWN schools.
I’ve coached with everyone from cops, business owners, city workers, IT folks, etc. point there is hc’s make peanuts. I’ve seen pools started up in the office to cover gas money, electric bills lol. Before school choice, coaches were driving kids in on their way to work in the morning lol.

We all take a loss doing it. Anyone out there doing either loves the game or has a vested interest in their players (mostly good).

You nailed it on admin. Some of the biggest haters of athletes are the ones in your own building. Had one wait til walk thru of a kickoff classic to deem our senior starting qb ineligible. Cold

I’ve coached with everyone from cops, business owners, city workers, IT folks, etc. point there is hc’s make peanuts. I’ve seen pools started up in the office to cover gas money, electric bills lol. Before school choice, coaches were driving kids in on their way to work in the morning lol.

We all take a loss doing it. Anyone out there doing either loves the game or has a vested interest in their players (mostly good).

You nailed it on admin. Some of the biggest haters of athletes are the ones in your own building. Had one wait til walk thru of a kickoff classic to deem our senior starting qb ineligible. Cold
You know it.

I never understood HOW an admin could be like that but its in most of these public schools...its almost like jealousy of their programs..not realizing the sports promotes their school at a diff level in the community.

The public schools where there admin is on board oyu will always see them strive..the MNW, Centrals of the world.

It ain’t worth being a HC in Broward. Not worth the time, headache, just to make north of of 2k....you gotta really have your heart in it

Advertisement
Back